NHL Combine 2016 Buffalo NY

Brawndo

Some of the top guys may be beat up from long playoff runs. Tkachuk and Juolevi are two that come to mind. Matthews and Laine just finished the World Championship.

Interesting that Tim Murray likes the combine because it identifies athletes. Eichel and Guhle were top performers last year.

Some of the top guys may be beat up from long playoff runs. Tkachuk and Juolevi are two that come to mind. Matthews and Laine just finished the World Championship.

Interesting that Tim Murray likes the combine because it identifies athletes. Eichel and Guhle were top performers last year.

Matthews and Laine could skip it entirely and not worry.

The guys that just finished up in the CHL are a different story.  I agree, that's a disadvantage.

Dan Marr, who runs the combine for the NHL, allowed the prospects from the Oshawa Generals to attend the celebration festivities in Oshawa last year and they came to the combine late. I imagine he will do the same for the London Knights Players this year

Is it earlier this year, or are the Canalside concerts later? Last year it was the first week of Thursday at the Harbor and I saw Connor McDavid watching Matt and Kim, haha.

Concerts are starting later this year, the first is a week from Thursday. 

Public Enemy will be performing the day before the draft. 

If you have google and a half hour, you can find out who the top performers were the past 5 or 6 years.  It would be nice to have the whole list like NHL GMs get, but from the short list, I don't see any meaning to the combine top performers.

On the suite level,where the interviews are being conducted, outside the Oilers Suite is a picture of Jack Eichel. A few NHL Reporters are speculating whether or not this is intentional. I say it wasn't, if they wanted to troll a team, ROR Picture would be outside the Avs Suite.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Chychrun at the combine

https://www.nhl.com/news/jakob-chychrun-enjoying-nhl-combine/c-280847380?tid=277764372

"Hi everyone!

I arrived in Buffalo on Sunday night, a little later than everybody else since I was coming from Boca Raton, Fla. I settled in and got something to eat and had eight interviews Monday. I want to do well in the fitness testing, obviously, and naturally I feel I'm pretty good at these interviews. I think I'm mature and well-spoken and I'm just trying to enjoy the whole process."

Chychrun at the combine

https://www.nhl.com/news/jakob-chychrun-enjoying-nhl-combine/c-280847380?tid=277764372

"Hi everyone!

I arrived in Buffalo on Sunday night, a little later than everybody else since I was coming from Boca Raton, Fla. I settled in and got something to eat and had eight interviews Monday. I want to do well in the fitness testing, obviously, and naturally I feel I'm pretty good at these interviews. I think I'm mature and well-spoken and I'm just trying to enjoy the whole process."

Boca Raton, eh? Was there a PegulaJet sighting?

Chychrun at the combine

"Hi everyone!

He has 25 interviews scheduled this week, he certainly is popular.

He has 25 interviews scheduled this week, he certainly is popular.

Loafs & Jest aren't looking at him. Who are the other 3? Preds are pretty well set at D. If they're another that leaves 2. BJ's because they're a hot mess at C so if they do trade down they'd have to be going for a C. Leaves 1 left. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Loafs & Jest aren't looking at him. Who are the other 3? Preds are pretty well set at D. If they're another that leaves 2. BJ's because they're a hot mess at C so if they do trade down they'd have to be going for a C. Leaves 1 left. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

I'll ask him tomorrow, he should be in the first or second group through. I will also ask him why he was in Boca as well.  :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.