NHL Combine 2016 Buffalo NY

Brawndo

No doubt Rob and Rex are in there

Meanwhile, Edmonton's is just a giant poster of McDavid while holding theirs more like an NCAA recruiting trip rather than an interview

Dressed in jesters hats to lighten the mood for the lads.  Or to hold the piss bucket for the king.

So Murray is leaning D? My guess is he's high on 2 of the 3 D-men, and if one or both are available at 8, that's who he takes. Maybe unless there is an unexpected fall for a top forward. Maybe he's not as high on the 3rd D. All guessing on my part.

Also, if the rumor is true, it may show that GMs don't strictly think BPA early in the draft, if Murray is already leaning D.

Or maybe he is thinking outside the top 4, the BPAS are all D.  There is a legitimate argument that the 3 d are the 5-7 BPAs

Edited by 3putt

Dressed in jesters hats to lighten the mood for the lads.  Or to hold the piss bucket for the king.

Or maybe he is thinking outside the top 4, the BPAS are all D.  There is a legitimate argument that the 3 d are the 5-7 BPAs

It's possible. Who are you ranking as 4? Tkachuk?

More tidbits:

Logan Brown is friggin tall, one of the guys I was working with today is 6'3" and he towers over him at 6'6"

Spoke with Juloveli and Sergechev, Juloveli likes the idea of an all Finnish Top Pairing on the Sabres. Asked them both (separately of course) who they felt was the best D Man in the Draft, one said I'm up there, while the other said It's me.

Tyson Jost stated he would like to play a season or two at North Dakota prior to going pro.

Charles McAvoy was giving Jack a hard time for not being here to show him Buffalo and he is not surprised by the Number of New Buffalo Based BU Fans there are over the past year. 

And Ms. Khmylev is even more stunning in person 

So Murray is leaning D? My guess is he's high on 2 of the 3 D-men, and if one or both are available at 8, that's who he takes. Maybe unless there is an unexpected fall for a top forward. Maybe he's not as high on the 3rd D. All guessing on my part.

Also, if the rumor is true, it may show that GMs don't strictly think BPA early in the draft, if Murray is already leaning D.

I think this is a reasonable assumption. Good thing is if both dmen are gone by #8, a top forward would have slipped to #8. Win/win situation Edited by ct fab

No data.

My comment was strictly in response to your "couldn't name 25 members of the organization" comment. AND it was tongue in cheek, which was the point of the friggin' smiley. :wallbash:

Lol I understood the joke, I was curious if players sit in on these things though.

More tidbits:

Logan Brown is friggin tall, one of the guys I was working with today is 6'3" and he towers over him at 6'6"

Spoke with Juloveli and Sergechev, Juloveli likes the idea of an all Finnish Top Pairing on the Sabres. Asked them both (separately of course) who they felt was the best D Man in the Draft, one said I'm up there, while the other said It's me.

Tyson Jost stated he would like to play a season or two at North Dakota prior to going pro.

Charles McAvoy was giving Jack a hard time for not being here to show him Buffalo and he is not surprised by the Number of New Buffalo Based BU Fans there are over the past year. 

Cool

Lol I understood the joke, I was curious if players sit in on these things though.

Again, no data. (Sorry.)

Could see where a guy wants to follow the Yzerman model & stay in hockey after he hangs 'em up & sits in. Could also see situations where someone could sit in particular interviews. But have to believe most players want nothing to do w/ sitting in.

Could also see having a "team ambassador" type sitting in as well.

Unless they're "rewarding" the scouting crew, are doing a b&g segment & the crew is bigger than would be reasonably expected, or Russ Brandon has 20 suiteholders that want to meet an 18 yo kid (eww), have no idea how they get 25 of "their own" in the interviews.

Puljarvi.  Tkachuk is 3 in my book.

Ahhhh. Interesting!

More tidbits:

Charles McAvoy was giving Jack a hard time for not being here to show him Buffalo and he is not surprised by the Number of New Buffalo Based BU Fans there are over the past year. And Ms. Khmylev is even more stunning in person

Great stuff. Having these tidbits is quite cool.

Maybe 5 interview the kid while other 20 try to distract him to test his ability to focus?

The distracting duties are usually appointed to one guy, ala the "psyche-out" guy in BASEketball.

No data.

My comment was strictly in response to your "couldn't name 25 members of the organization" comment. AND it was tongue in cheek, which was the point of the friggin' smiley. :wallbash:

The Taro-Liger odd couple is one of the foundations of Sabrespace that keep me coming back several times a day when I'm on a beach vacation with my family.

It's not just the jello shots talking: I love you guys.

Brawndo .... you're awesome. Pieces of information available no where else. ... unscripted human interest ... presented without analysis for our consideration and response. Thought starters we'd not find in the traditional press. Sounds like a great gig. Thanks for sharing.

What I find most appealing is the unguarded snippets from young men about to take the biggest leap of their lives ... they're kids ... humility, braggadocio, graciousness, confidence, thrill ....

You have me in a room I'd not otherwise be able to enter.

More tidbits:

Awesome stuff. Thanks

So, this is interesting

Sportsnet suggests that other teams have expressed interest in hosting the combine, as the Sabres aren’t the only club that has the necessary amenities to host the event. Their central location, though, just a few hours from a number of the teams in the Eastern Conference – and the team’s willingness to cough up the $250,000 per year to host the event, while the league had once backed the cost of the combine – could influence the NHL’s decision when it comes to giving them the event again or handing it off to a new host.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/sabres-hope-continue-hosting-nhl-combine/

Brawndo .... you're awesome. Pieces of information available no where else. ... unscripted human interest ... presented without analysis for our consideration and response. Thought starters we'd not find in the traditional press. Sounds like a great gig. Thanks for sharing.

What I find most appealing is the unguarded snippets from young men about to take the biggest leap of their lives ... they're kids ... humility, braggadocio, graciousness, confidence, thrill ....

You have me in a room I'd not otherwise be able to enter.

Thanks Neo. It's my pleasure 

Awesome stuff. Thanks

So, this is interesting

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/sabres-hope-continue-hosting-nhl-combine/

Well, yesterday when discussing the negotiations for extending the deal, PH stated that the Sabres weren't going to give the league such a 'sweetheart deal' if the deal is extended.

So the Pegulas are apparently looking at other sources of easy revenue besides STH'S. <_<

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.