Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

If I were buying a bike today, it'd probably end up being some sort of adv. I do a little too much  gravel and dirt for my street bike's own good.

attachicon.gif1901192_10203991058475818_1057602416250457756_n.jpg

Yeah, adventure bikes are very tempting by letting you get off-road, but I'd really miss the performance of a street bike.

The older 955 Tigers (pre-2007) were dual sport bikes, but my 1050 was really built of the road.

The conditions here on the South Island are fantastic. Nothing but twisty scenic roads. The 1050 Tigers are great for sport-touring with the saddlebags on and rips without them.

I'll dig up some of my other photos.

Great idea for a thread topic.

Let's go Buffalo!

Yeah, adventure bikes are very tempting by letting you get off-road, but I'd really miss the performance of a street bike.

The older 955 Tigers (pre-2007) were dual sport bikes, but my 1050 was really built of the road.

The conditions here on the South Island are fantastic. Nothing but twisty scenic roads. The 1050 Tigers are great for sport-touring with the saddlebags on and rips without them.

I'll dig up some of my other photos.

Great idea for a thread topic.

Let's go Buffalo!

After taking my bike to a track, I fully know the limits on the street are of my own making, not the bike; even with my pretty sedate R1150R. There's no way I'd corner on the street the way I do on the track.

Edited by MattPie

After taking my bike to a track, I fully know the limits on the street are of my own making, not the bike; even with my pretty sedate R1150R. There's no way I'd corner on the street the way I do on the track.

All I was meaning was that adventure bikes and dual-sport bikes are great, but for the road riding that I do, I would much prefer a sport-tourer like my Tiger.

Here's one from last years Port Nelson street races.post-4635-0-36809900-1463793847_thumb.jpeg

Edited by NZ Sabres Fan

Who is the one with the bug fetish? These are for you. 

xCqTeHBh.jpg

For the uninitiated, those things can have a leg span as big as your hand, and they like building fresh webs every night.  When my boys went to Scout camp, there was always a broom outside the latrine; the first guy to use it in the morning needed to swing the thing around as he went in the knock the webs down and scare the spiders away.  Once in a while someone would forget, resulting in a blood-curdling scream!

For the uninitiated, those things can have a leg span as big as your hand, and they like building fresh webs every night. When my boys went to Scout camp, there was always a broom outside the latrine; the first guy to use it in the morning needed to swing the thing around as he went in the knock the webs down and scare the spiders away. Once in a while someone would forget, resulting in a blood-curdling scream!

As menacing as they look, they're not poisonous. But try telling that to the person that has one stuck to their face!

Couple of ride pics. The first is from Friday morning,

13246308_992579664124257_557099479828479

The second is from this evening.

13227165_992499740798916_589691411617155

What's with all the lights in that second shot, you near an airport?

As menacing as they look, they're not poisonous. But try telling that to the person that has one stuck to their face!

Yup.

What's with all the lights in that second shot, you near an airport?

Nope. There's a tollway just over the ridge. This whole area will be developed in 5-10 years. That's why the street I'm on is poured concrete with curbs and a bike lane in the middle of nowhere. In this map I'm on McPherson Road looking west.

This picture from a couple weeks ago is a windmill at the Chisholm Trail Community Center.  It's just a prop to make the community center/park look pretty (but If I turned around I'd be looking at a skateboard/BMX park).

13230258_986484651400425_421313613482771

Yeh it is. I have some pics somewhere of 20 ft waves hitting the breakwall in Moro Bay, here are some pics from Cal coast including Oceanside Harbor and an Otter in Moro Bay as well as a seal near Hearst Castle. I am sure I have more. PS That is a surfer getting closed out in that weirdly lighted wave as fog lifted. https://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Southern-California-Beach/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.