2016 NHL Bracket Challenge

WildCard

I've told this before here I think, but I swear I was watching a Kings game once and Carter came into the zone on a two-on-one rush, dumped the puck in the corner, and initiated a cycle.

The Kings possessed the puck in the cycle for about 30 seconds, then scored.

If one play could summarize the Kings almost-dynasty team, that was it. 

I'm still laughing about this the next morning. I wish I could have seen this

I picked Florida over Anaheim because safe bets are for losers.

Went the other way because it's hard to picture a 90 year old guy being able to keep it going for 100 or so games.

Plus, imagine the fun of a full summer of "see, knew they should've kept McGinn." :p

Went the other way because it's hard to picture a 90 year old guy being able to keep it going for 100 or so games.

Plus, imagine the fun of a full summer of "see, knew they should've kept McGinn." :P

Really, I just want to see Canada be annoyed that TWO warm weather teams are playing for the Cup.  :flirt:

###### it I'm going for philly in the east.  :D

Just to be save I added my second guess with St louis getting past chicago and caps going to the final :P

There is one thing I don't like about chicago this year, the Panarin - anisimov - kane has been awesome.

But the other lines seem shaky , and if you only have to shut down one line of your opponent.   Toews will have to become captain clutch again.

Edited by Huckleberry

Got this from Friedmann's 30 Thoughts: Kopitar started in the offensive zone 51% of the time. But no one on that team who played over 40 games had a number smaller than that. They don't let other teams have the puck.

###### it I'm going for philly in the east.  :D

I wanted to pick Philly as an underdog too, but 

Schultz - Streit

MacDonald - Gostisbehere

Manning -  Gudas

is pretty terrible.

Looks like the all american breakfast didn't make his picks before this thing was locked.

Wah!  Haha, I specifically didn't log back in to check my picks, because I wanted to go with my initial gut from Sunday evening rather than change my picks based on Sabrespace chatter.  I guess I never submitted or something.

I think I had CHI over MIN, LAK over ANA, WAS over PIT, TB over FLA.  And LAK over WAS in the finals.  Oh well.  Good luck, fellas!

Edited by Cereal

Agreed, though I hate LA for their fans really. Just boring fans, no real passion for much outside of basketball and baseball

Whaaaat?!   Where is this coming from?   As a socal resident I can say with conviction that ANA fans are 100x more boring and less interested in the game.    Kings fans are definitely more raucous, knowledgeable and involved in the play.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.