OT: Nancy Reagan Passes Away

WildCard

RIP. Can't really complain about living to 94; I hope to get within a decade of that!

Seeing my old relatives round the corner from 75 to 85 to 95 I'd be satisfied with 80. Most of what I've seen hasn't been pretty after that. Given the life I've lived, I probably won't have to worry about it. Also, both my parent got the big C.

Seeing my old relatives round the corner from 75 to 85 to 95 I'd be satisfied with 80. Most of what I've seen hasn't been pretty after that. Given the life I've lived, I probably won't have to worry about it. Also, both my parent got the big C.

Ya never know. My grandmothers died at 97 and 98. My parents are still going strong at 90 and 88. (my father robbed the cradle) I figure I get at least 10 years taken off my life for being a Bills and Sabres fan.

Yeah it was awesome when they installed an imperial presidency and spent millions in the White House for glitz and glamour when people were lining up for government cheese.

And won the cold war and restored some sense of hope in America. But yeah, they bought new china for the White House. 

I think there is a Presidential politics forum. 

It seems appropriate in this topic to honor the recently deceased, or simply not weigh in. 

Edited by Sakman

And won the cold war and restored some sense of hope in America. But yeah, they bought new china for the White House. 

It seems appropriate in this topic to honor the recently deceased, or simply not weigh in. 

I don't think it's inappropriate to get into politics and records when a public figure dies. No one was beating down the door to say anything nice about the lady anyway. But that's about all I've got. I'll let the grievers carry on.

I agree, but you can't assert that RR was the greatest president since FDR in this thread and then make the inappropriate thread complaint when someone pushes back.

I pity the fool who talks bad about Mrs. Reagan in an RIP thread dedicated to her.

Holy mackerel.

Yeah it was awesome when they installed an imperial presidency and spent millions in the White House for glitz and glamour when people were lining up for government cheese.

It was $800,000 for renovation and $200,000 for 220 place settings for new "China". All funded by private individuals.

Nancy sometimes had a tone deafness to things like redoing the Whitehouse when people were really struggling, yet put time in to help lend her name to mental and cancer causes. She was always gracious despite thr criticism except when folks personally attacked her husband. Reagan was a great communicative manipulator, and pr guy, but Clinton as far as substance was a better Pres., despite his zipper problem. Both like LBJ had faults but greatest gets thrown around too easy. Nixon if not for his paranoia I consider a better legislator than the later two. My 2 cents.

Nancy sometimes had a tone deafness to things like redoing the Whitehouse when people were really struggling, yet put time in to help lend her name to mental and cancer causes. She was always gracious despite thr criticism except when folks personally attacked her husband. Reagan was a great communicative manipulator, and pr guy, but Clinton as far as substance was a better Pres., despite his zipper problem. Both like LBJ had faults but greatest gets thrown around too easy. Nixon if not for his paranoia I consider a better legislator than the later two. My 2 cents.

And yet her war on drugs caused so much harm and suffering to countless cancer patients.

Her husband closed all the mental hospitals, too, but that's not on her.

Edited by Eleven

I agree, but you can't assert that RR was the greatest president since FDR in this thread and then make the inappropriate thread complaint when someone pushes back.

Holy mackerel.

Yes you can when the comment is meant to say something positive about the deceased and clearly stated as "My $0.02". 

If someone wants to slam Reagan, or Republicans, or Nancy Reagan they can do it anywhere but in a forum mentioning her passing. 

I mean, they can do it there too, it's just classless. 

Her husband closed all the mental hospitals, too, but that's not on her.

He did? Ironic that he ended up with Alzheimer's then, no?

We are still trying (and failing) to work out the effects of that deinstitutionalization policy. 

And, fwiw, I don't think Alzheimer's is considered a mental illness.

Yes you can when the comment is meant to say something positive about the deceased and clearly stated as "My $0.02". 

If someone wants to slam Reagan, or Republicans, or Nancy Reagan they can do it anywhere but in a forum mentioning her passing. 

Eh, no offense but I never agreed with that. That's like saying someone terrible dies and all we can do is say positive things about them

I think stroking Reagan's while complimenting his wife kinda lends itself to the criticism.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.