There are three types of cake:

1.  Chocolate cake.  This includes variants.

2.  Carrot cake.

3.  Cakes that I am not interested in eating or even acknowledging.  These are base, inferior cakes.  Dismiss them from my gaze.

2.  Carrot cake.

3.  Cakes that I am not interested in eating or even acknowledging.  These are base, inferior cakes.  Dismiss them from my gaze.

There are two type of food opinions:

1. Those that are valid

2. Eleven's

I got some hot takes on cakes:

Neither cheese cake nor ice creme cakes are cakes. And if you get fondant anywhere near my cake you can just throw it out; I don't need 2 inches of Elmer's Glue on top of my dessert #buttercreme4lyfe

I'll agree with you on ice cream cake. It's just ice cream in cake form. 

But cheese cake? Them's fightin words. 

2.  Carrot cake.

C'mon. No love for yellow with chocolate frosting?

Neither cheese cake nor ice creme cakes are cakes. 

#CAKEHOTTAKES!

I think it's a fair debate: Is cheese cake, in fact, a "cake?"

C'mon. No love for yellow with chocolate frosting?

#CAKEHOTTAKES!

I think it's a fair debate: Is cheese cake, in fact, a "cake?"

I'd say no for the purposes of this argument (my feelings on cake are restricted to the spongy type and not simply cake-shaped desserts), but I'm sure others will disagree.

And if you get fondant anywhere near my cake you can just throw it out; I don't need 2 inches of Elmer's Glue on top of my dessert #buttercreme4lyfe

And that's why wedding cakes are f'n gross!

Oh, and with apologies for my misspelling in the picture file above (cheesecake is ONE word), the first return you get from that search sayeth:

With a minor change in appearance, any pastry that is a crumb crust filled with custard and baked, in my mind, is a pie. The addition of cream cheese is no more a disqualifier than the addition of bourbon would be. So, in short, a cheesecake is a pie. It can also be a cake, but it can't not be a pie.Aug 21, 2009

Cheesecake or Cheesepie? - FineCooking.com
www.finecooking.com/item/11489/cheesecake-or-cheesepie

I'll agree with you on ice cream cake. It's just ice cream in cake form. 

But cheese cake? Them's fightin words. 

Its delicious. its not cake. Ice cream cake is ice cream in cake form. Cheese cake is cream cheese in cake form. If I take mash potatoes and shape them into a cake form its not a cake.

Cakes are baked. They involve flour. They rise.

Cheese "cake" is more accurately described as "cream cheese pie".

Oh, and with apologies for my misspelling in the picture file above (cheesecake is ONE word), the first return you get from that search sayeth:

With a minor change in appearance, any pastry that is a crumb crust filled with custard and baked, in my mind, is a pie. The addition of cream cheese is no more a disqualifier than the addition of bourbon would be. So, in short, a cheesecake is a pie. It can also be a cake, but it can't not be a pie.Aug 21, 2009

Cheesecake or Cheesepie? - FineCooking.com
www.finecooking.com/item/11489/cheesecake-or-cheesepie

See?! I didn't even look it up!

And that's why wedding cakes are f'n gross!

Agreed. Gotta go with the butter creme for wedding cakes. Its more expensive but sooo worth it.

Websters:

• a :  a breadlike food made from a dough or batter that is usually fried or baked in small flat shapes and is often unleavenedb :  a sweet baked food made from a dough or thick batter usually containing flour and sugar and often shortening, eggs, and a raising agent (as baking powder)c :  a flattened usually round mass of food that is baked or fried <a fish cake>
  • a :  a block of compacted or congealed matter <a cake of ice>b :  a hard or brittle layer or deposit
  • :  something easily done <after so much studying, the test was cake>

Urban Dictionary:

• A woman's booty - Damn! Did you see the cake on that fine mami?
  • Money, as in what pays the billz - I gotta hustle for my cake.

I think technically cheesecake is actually a pudding.  Could be wrong, though.

First off...

Carrots or other vegetables should never be In a cake, simply disgusting

Whipped frosting is the way to go, I can go to town on a Tops 1/4 sheet cake with whipped icing and gel writing, doesn't even matter what is says or if it's a ninja turtle cake on a random Wednesday.

German chocolate cake is delicious

That is all

Whipped frosting is the way to go, I can go to town on a Tops 1/4 sheet cake with whipped icing and gel writing, doesn't even matter what is says or if it's a ninja turtle cake on a random Wednesday.

stimpy.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.