World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Holy hell why does that matter? He should be dominating lesser competition, regardless of where he's playing. People keep saying this game is the equivalent of beer leave pond hockey. It's an international televised game on ESPN for a big tournament. This isn't the Cup finals but yeah, I expect him to show up more than he did

Lesser competition? Team Europe is lesser competition? Wow. 

Sorry, now I'm REALLY out. 

Before he left, LGR had become fairly unhinged on the matter of Eichel's play in the tournament in Toronto last night.

Now Wild Card's taken over that job. And with vigor too.

That happened many posts ago.

I fear for our future right now.

Not for long. I promise I won't say anything negative about Jack any longer

Probably also focusing on Malkin's greater 113 point season and his playoff leading point total.

Jack didn't play well in the world's last summer?! 7 points in 10 games, as an 18 year old, in his first action against pros?

This is getting ridiculous.

Again, the consensus was he had a great tournament. He made some head spinning plays, too. And had his way against Malkin vs. the Russians. To suggest he didn't have a good IIHF tourney in '15, is simply not accurate. 

Before he left, LGR had become fairly unhinged on the matter of Eichel's play in the tournament in Toronto last night.

Now Wild Card's taken over that job. And with vigor too.

That happened many posts ago.

I fear for our future right now.

The ONLY criticism I have of Liger's criticism is that he prefaced it with the diatribe about how much he suffered during the tank (something Eichel had nothing to do with), and because of that suffering, he demands that Eichel be all world all the time; like Eichel owes us that or something. 

News flash: Eichel doesn't owe anyone here a darn thing. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment if you think otherwise. 

I don't know if it has been clarified but the Johnny-McDavid-Eichel line is the top line, not the second line.

Not sure if that sways discussion at all, but it's worth noting.

Jack is not centering that line, so it does not sway the discussion.

Jack has failed us. We are forsaken.

I don't know if it has been clarified but the Johnny-McDavid-Eichel line is the top line, not the second line.

It's more worth seeing. I said up thread, that might be the fastest line in the world. In. The. World. I hope we see it Sunday. 

Jack is not centering that line, so it does not sway the discussion.

Jack has failed us. We are forsaken.

We suffered, dammit! Suffered I say!! Jack owes us big time!!! He better have a hat trick and a half with four assists on Sunday or he BLOWS!!!!

So a secondary point is meaningless?

Holy hell, I better change the message to my kids to tell them to start being greedy and only score goals because setting them up is meaningless.  There's no point in making great passes or opening up the ice for your teammates.  Just score goals you stupid idiot children. 

The guy had a point. He played a great 200ft. game. What was he supposed to do?  Hell, you don't even know what the coach asked him to do out there. I think we've had a little too much Ted Nolan (work hard and it's all good).  Despite that brainwashing people seem to have, coaches do dictate a strategy and set a method of play that players are expected to work within.  

Jack Eichel does not skate like a hamster on a wheel.  That's not his game.  He "floats" faster and more accurately than most players who've played the game and he CAN skate fast and deceptively so when he needs to.  

I'm amazed at the criticism.  Little McDavid that Could is out there spinning his wheels saying "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" (get a point). And Jack is all like "I already did" and people are slamming him?

I've not yet read what Jack was SUPPOSED to do last night that would have made his efforts receive praise from the naysayers.  I've seen "float".  Brett Hull floated a lot... he sucked.

The ONLY criticism I have of Liger's criticism is that he prefaced it with the diatribe about how much he suffered during the tank (something Eichel had nothing to do with), and because of that suffering, he demands that Eichel be all world all the time; like Eichel owes us that or something. 

News flash: Eichel doesn't owe anyone here a darn thing. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment if you think otherwise. 

This newsflash, this this, my kingdom for a this. Perspective. As fans, we just hope that our preferred athletes win and display the insane skills they've been practicing all their lives for our entertainment.

No professional athlete playing a game owes any fan anything.

So good.

Am not familiar. Must rectify.

Indeed. You won't be disappointed.

Gotta be seen as an upgrade and commendation of Jack's play. Gaudreau and Eichel move up. McDavid is the top dog he'll centre the top line.

So a secondary point is meaningless?

Holy hell, I better change the message to my kids to tell them to start being greedy and only score goals because setting them up is meaningless.  There's no point in making great passes or opening up the ice for your teammates.  Just score goals you stupid idiot children. 

The guy had a point. He played a great 200ft. game. What was he supposed to do?  Hell, you don't even know what the coach asked him to do out there. I think we've had a little too much Ted Nolan (work hard and it's all good).  Despite that brainwashing people seem to have, coaches do dictate a strategy and set a method of play that players are expected to work within.  

Jack Eichel does not skate like a hamster on a wheel.  That's not his game.  He "floats" faster and more accurately than most players who've played the game and he CAN skate fast and deceptively so when he needs to.

I'm amazed at the criticism.  Little McDavid that Could is out there spinning his wheels saying "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" (get a point). And Jack is all like "I already did" and people are slamming him?

I've not yet read what Jack was SUPPOSED to do last night that would have made his efforts receive praise from the naysayers.  I've seen "float".  Brett Hull floated a lot... he sucked.

I've long compared Jack to Bowser in the original Mario Kart game. He's not the quickest off the start, but once he gets going, he's as fast or faster than anyone. Over a longer distance I don't think there are many (if any) faster than Jack. With that stride he could have been an Olympic speed skater.

Plus, he's a cheater. Even he says so!

HullTwitterPic-thumb-375xauto-24163.jpg

Haha I've never seen that before. That's pretty funny.

Well I have now been vilified and my point about Eichel bastardized. Yea done. 

I suffered through 2 full seasons of absolute s#!t just so Jack Eichel could be a Buffalo Sabre. I haven't witness the Sabres win a playoff game in 5 years. Jack Eichel is in for a rough ride because he isn't just some random player we hope is good. He is the icing on the tank cake and he better be sweet exhibition game or not. If he wants to play floaty summer beer league hockey I suggest he calls up Vesey and they can go to Bahston and do that. 

To clarify because.... I never said he "owes us". I was responding to being criticized for being mildly critical of Jack floating. Jack is in for a rough ride because he has to be good because a lot of fans will expect that. Those are called expectations. Jack Eichel doesn't owe me Jack, but he has high expectations placed upon him. 

Time for a sabbatical. This place has always had a stick up its collective ass about anything critical of Eichel's play. Jack sometimes doesn't engage in plays but watches, I think he does this to see how the play unfolds. He needs to engage more in plays instead of waiting for them to unfold. Last night in a game of his peers he sat back more than I felt he should. Sorry this doesn't count as legitimate criticism.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.