GDT: Buffalo @ San Jose, 10:30 pm est, 2-26-2016

WildCard

Just met O'Reilly in the Amherst St Wegmans sub line. Really nice guy. Has that damn boot on. No one else there even looked at him twice, and there I was fan girling. 

But that's what makes Buffalo awesome. A couple ppl might be like "hey! you're so and so, great to meet you." and then you go on with your day but I always felt like theres some unsaid respect thing for our players that you don't be obnoxious in public to them. I am not sure that exists everywhere.

But that's what makes Buffalo awesome. A couple ppl might be like "hey! you're so and so, great to meet you." and then you go on with your day but I always felt like theres some unsaid respect thing for our players that you don't be obnoxious in public to them. I am not sure that exists everywhere.

Love that about Buffalo, players can be players but also regular people. Not like Florida where they've no idea what hockey is yet not stalkeresc like Toronto

Agreed. I shook his hand, told him I love watching and hope he's back soon, and that was all. No picture, no autograph. But it was awesome. 

Yeah, I think people notice them, but the players and staff are so accessible here that nobody really makes a big deal. They might fangirl a little, and people here adore the players, but I don't think they hold the players up as some sort of "god class," if that makes sense. Maybe it's part of the area's blue collar identity.

A few years ago, when the Bills hosted Miami Thursday night, my friend and I stopped at Wegmans on the way to the game to pick up some beer. Naturally, we grabbed a case of Blue The case giveaway at the time was a talking RJ bottle opener with some of his best calls, so there was a picture of his face on the side of the case. So my friend and I are standing in line to cash out, and who gets into line behind us but RJ himself. So my friend looks at him, then the beer, then back at him, and RJ goes, "small world, huh?"

Yeah, I think people notice them, but the players and staff are so accessible here that nobody really makes a big deal. They might fangirl a little, and people here adore the players, but I don't think they hold the players up as some sort of "god class," if that makes sense. Maybe it's part of the area's blue collar identity.

A few years ago, when the Bills hosted Miami Thursday night, my friend and I stopped at Wegmans on the way to the game to pick up some beer. Naturally, we grabbed a case of Blue The case giveaway at the time was a talking RJ bottle opener with some of his best calls, so there was a picture of his face on the side of the case. So my friend and I are standing in line to cash out, and who gets into line behind us but RJ himself. So my friend looks at him, then the beer, then back at him, and RJ goes, "small world, huh?"

:w00t: :lol: :thumbsup:

Awesomely awesome

Drunk and posting on SS while watching the game leads to having to read the entire thread again the next morning, just to make sure you didn't do anything too stupid.

Here's to an early AM re-read!  :beer:

I didn't know we cared about saying something stupid when we are sober.  :D

Drunk and posting on SS while watching the game leads to having to read the entire thread again the next morning, just to make sure you didn't do anything too stupid.

Here's to an early AM re-read!  :beer:

This is very true and should be pinned by itself!

:lol:  Love it! 

Outstanding  :lol:

sod, that's perfect.

I got a little verklempt thinking about being in line in front of RJ and making him listen to me tell him how much he's meant to me (but probably not having the guts to say it, or not being able to get past the fear that I would start crying while doing it).

sod, that's perfect.

I got a little verklempt thinking about being in line in front of RJ and making him listen to me tell him how much he's meant to me (but probably not having the guts to say it, or not being able to get past the fear that I would start crying while doing it).

I would probably cry. You're not alone. 

Love it!  Was he buying the same case of Blue?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.