Where is the Eichel snipe?

PASabreFan

Think his first NHL goal. Where is that? Was it coached out of him or should we look to the player, or both? Bylsma did say recently he wants Eichel to be more, not sure what word he used, greedy or selfish or aggressive in shot selection.

When I said he was going to take the game over last night, it was right after a move he did that showed he has an extra gear that others don't. And then he never did it again.

It just seems like he's waiting for something.  We have to keep reminding ourselves that he is still really young. Even though his line's only goal should be to get the puck to his stick so that he can score, I don't think you want to put that much pressure on him just yet, so I'm okay with it. It'll come.

When I said he was going to take the game over last night, it was right after a move he did that showed he has an extra gear that others don't. And then he never did it again.

It just seems like he's waiting for something.  We have to keep reminding ourselves that he is still really young. Even though his line's only goal should be to get the puck to his stick so that he can score, I don't think you want to put that much pressure on him just yet, so I'm okay with it. It'll come.

They put up a summary side by side of Eich and Kessler last night.  I had to rewind it after glancing at their ages.  Eichel being 19 and Kessler being 31.  It was just a holy moment, Kessler is 12 years older than Jack.  12 years.  I keep forgetting how young Jack is.  But having said that, he's got an unreal snipe and should be using it much more.  Hopefully it will come in time.

Look no further than Ryan Kesler, when analyzing yesterday's game. He shut Eichel down. Eichel is very young and it is going to be exceptionally difficult for him now without ROR, drawing all the toughest match-ups. My initial thought when ROR went down is that it was going to have a huge effect on Eichel. Two games in, it certainly looks that way. I'm not sure other rookies aside from McDavid are going to be receiving this much focus from other team's top shut down players.

Also, bear in mind that Eichel is a playmaker first. Always has been. He will always be a pass first player, it's just in his mentality. That's not to say he shouldn't and won't start shooting more, but he'll always be a set-up guy first. It's still his best asset. Even if he does have a killer shot. When he has good players on his line, the line isn't going to have the focus of getting Eichel the shot, at least not most of the time. Jack will be the one finding his team mates for the open shots. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.