GDT: Colorado @ Buffalo, 12:30 pm est, 2-14-2016

WildCard

Good game. The FNC has sounded great lately, though others have noticed arena mics seem to be taking over announcers at times. I think it's probably significantly louder in there than its been, but a good deal of the 100s still seem dead. 

Anyway, really happen Foligno scored there at the end, he's played great lately. The whole scoresheet looked awesome in terms of the rebuild. I'm fully in Lehner's corner. I remember Hasek being stellar 95% of the time but the other 5% the wheels would really fall off. He's still coming off injury and he'll only get better. I think both goaltenders are going to thrive next year in competition for the #1 spot.

Good game. The FNC has sounded great lately, though others have noticed arena mics seem to be taking over announcers at times. I think it's probably significantly louder in there than its been, but a good deal of the 100s still seem dead. 

Anyway, really happen Foligno scored there at the end, he's played great lately. The whole scoresheet looked awesome in terms of the rebuild. I'm fully in Lehner's corner. I remember Hasek being stellar 95% of the time but the other 5% the wheels would really fall off. He's still coming off injury and he'll only get better. I think both goaltenders are going to thrive next year in competition for the #1 spot.

Exactly how I feel about Lehner. Having to possible #1's going into next season isn't necessarily a bad thing. But when Lehner is on he's the best player on the ice.

Time to play apologist here:

I agree about the Foligno spurts mentioned above, but it seems to me the more recent ones are tied to hishealth.

He's a great hitter, strong on the puck, responsible defensively, can chuck 'em if needed and chip in offensively.

I want him in my bottom six during in a playoff war.

I've done my share of complaining about Bogo, but the narrative has shifted too far. He makes mistakes, but he is also a horse out there. There's not many guys who can skate that well, who are that physically strong and are that willing to engage. He's a legitimate second-pairing defence man.

Lehner rips off six straight games of rock-solid, two goals allowed to a smattering of praise. He follows a bad-luck effort with a complete stinker and the "what a horrible trade crowd" is out, full force. Rock solid again tonight and the thread is relatively silent. The guy is one of the youngest starters in the league, coming off two serious injuries and has played very well overall. Why don't we like him?

I agree about the Foligno spurts mentioned above, but it seems to me the more recent ones are tied to hishealth.

He's a great hitter, strong on the puck, responsible defensively, can chuck 'em if needed and chip in offensively.

I've done my share of complaining about Bogo, but the narrative has shifted too far. He makes mistakes, but he is also a horse out there. There's not many guys who can skate that well, who are that physically strong and are that willing to engage. He's a legitimate second-pairing defence man.

Lehner rips off six straight games of rock-solid, two goals allowed to a smattering of praise. He follows a bad-luck effort with a complete stinker and the "what a horrible trade crowd" is out, full force. Rock solid again tonight and the thread is relatively silent. The guy is one of the youngest starters in the league, coming off two serious injuries and has played very well overall. Why don't we like him?

I think Lehner got his fair share of praise today in this thread

On Foligno: I will fully admit, for me, this is a case of familiarity breeds contempt. I'm so goddamn sick of his inconsistency, even while realizing most $2 million players are inconsistent.

On Bogo: he is a #4, but can we get a #4 who makes less and doesn't miss a quarter of every season to injury? I lean towards yes. I also think his physical engagement is more inconsistent than you give hi credit for.

On Lehner: I really think it's only a handful of people who can't get over the trade. I think overall analysis of his play has been quite fair.

A request: don't stop now, you're on a roll. Apologize for Moulson next! :p

It was MUCH clearer during the live broadcast. The others in the room with me agreed that it was clear before I told them what he said.

Yeah me and my wife both heard it pretty clear too. Also it was mentioned in here earlier that the on-ice audio was really loud. I clearly heard several F bombs on the broadcast today, haha.

Yeah but Mike Harrington just said he isn't living up his contract so he must not be any good.

Did he actually say that about ROR? That would be insanely stupid.

Girgensons is very important to this team.

Everyone is flying and it's great. I'm having a blast.

Kane will hit 20 goals pretty easily. He's one of the few that have really been improving as this season goes on, and now that I better understand what kind of player he is, I really really like him. 

Best player in the trade. And you know what they say about the team that gets the best player in a trade...

I agree all around here. Bogosian gets lambasted, and he's not an amazing defenseman, but I still think he is a solid one. His contract isn't great but, if he can continue improving I'm okay with it.

I do think though that most are good with Lehner, but it's like True said, there are some that still dwell on the deal that brought him here. I'm fully confident in our goaltending going forward.

Looking at the scoresheet for this game makes me happy. We are 8-6-2 in the second half of the season thus far. That pace over the full season at this point has us in a Wildcard position. We are improving.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.