Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I do. I care.

My sense is that the Bills are gonna hafta thread the eye of a needle to get 10 wins this year. Every little bit will count. Having your best player not around for voluntarys is sub-optimal.

Wasn't he dinged up almost the entire year? I have no problem if he takes another month or so off to make sure he is completely healed up.

I find training 5 months before the season,… (let me say that again, 5 months before the season) to be completely ridiculous bordering on harmful.

Wasn't he dinged up almost the entire year? I have no problem if he takes another month or so off to make sure he is completely healed up.

I find training 5 months before the season,… (let me say that again, 5 months before the season) to be completely ridiculous bordering on harmful.

Hmm. Maybe I'm being talked off the ledge here.

Then again, I think it's fairly well established that these guys are more or less working out year round and full bore, absent some injury.

Hmm. Maybe I'm being talked off the ledge here.

Then again, I think it's fairly well established that these guys are more or less working out year round and full bore, absent some injury.

It's definitely well established. I also think it's harmful and have for a long time. I have no problem with guys staying "in shape" (i guess you'd call it) all year, but to train full bore all year long, I think, is harmful, especially if there are minor injuries that are never allowed to fully heal.

Bodies break down, and there is only so much wear and tear they can take. There is just no reason to be in game shape in May. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can show me some data that I'm wrong, but I really doubt it.

Sammy is in town today for workouts

If I'm Tyrod Taylor I would start questioning my future with this team.   With all the rumours floating around about going after the 2nd overall pick and trading him to denver.

I would tell my agent to have a word with the gm for sure :p

Whaley is just playing the game, keeping people guessing and his options open. As for TT, he'll get paid if he performs again and if the Bills don't draft a kid who's better.

Also: Sammy Watkins is reportedly on site today. Apparently, he missed the prior two days so that he could remain back in Carolina, participate in a free football clinic for under-privileged youth, cut the ribbon on a soup kitchen that he paid to open, finish the molding and painting on the Habitat for Humanity house he was helping out with, and so on.

THESE AREN'T EVEN GREAT QB PROSPECTS

:doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

That's putting it mildly. They're arguably downright bad QB prospects.

Also: Sammy Watkins is reportedly on site today. Apparently, he missed the prior two days so that he could remain back in Carolina, participate in a free football clinic for under-privileged youth, cut the ribbon on a soup kitchen that he paid to open, finish the molding and painting on the Habitat for Humanity house he was helping out with, and so on.

I demand you apologize to Mr. Watkins immediately! :p

It really seems collosally stupid to be trading into the top 2 this year.

For the Rams, I can see the reasoning.

Not so much for the Eagles.

While I agree it's a bad move for the Eagles, in their defense, their current QB is Sam Bradford (who they just gave oodles of guaranteed money to, but I digress...). Desperate times, desperate measures, etc.

Why not just wait for next year to trade up then? Why are the Eagles so desperate to pull the trigger this year? Hell, they could have just dumped everyone, like they did, and gotten a high enough pick next year for a QB anyways, and then they wouldn't be screwed. Morons.

Why not just wait for next year to trade up then? Why are the Eagles so desperate to pull the trigger this year? Hell, they could have just dumped everyone, like they did, and gotten a high enough pick next year for a QB anyways, and then they wouldn't be screwed. Morons.

Because they looked at next year's draft and liked this year's QBs that much more. I'm not kidding, that's why they said they just had to make the move now. I almost feel sorry for Eagles fans. Okay okay, I'm really not all too close for feeling sorry for them. Screw Philly sports.

Edit: I think this is going to be my go to rebuttal for awhile whenever someone says fans don't know anything because they're not "in the game."

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Because they looked at next year's draft and liked this year's QBs that much more. I'm not kidding, that's why they said they just had to make the move now. I almost feel sorry for Eagles fans. Okay okay, I'm really not all too close for feeling sorry for them. Screw Philly sports.

Edit: I think this is going to be my go to rebuttal for awhile whenever someone says fans don't know anything because they're not "in the game."

Are they right? Is next year's crop worse?

Are they right? Is next year's crop worse?

The very notion that they think they know the quality of next year's crop with any degree of certainty is what's hilarious to me. Remember when Matt Barkley was a surefire #1 overall pick? Because I sure do. Then he played another season and got drafted in the 4th round. Ryan Mallett is another who was a preseason top-10 pick, then lasted until the 3rd round, and has ultimately proven to be awful. The Peyton Mannings and Andrew Lucks of the world are the rare exception. The truth is we know next to nothing about next year's QB class.

This is who I want for the Bills first pick.  He could probably be moved elsewhere on the line if TE doesn't work out

Baylor tight end LaQuan McGowan would be one of the largest players in NFL history if he is drafted this April. At 6'7" and 405 pounds, nobody on defense will want to get in his way. He runs a 5.41 40-yd dash

This is who I want for the Bills first pick. He could probably be moved elsewhere on the line if TE doesn't work out

Baylor tight end LaQuan McGowan would be one of the largest players in NFL history if he is drafted this April. At 6'7" and 405 pounds, nobody on defense will want to get in his way. He runs a 5.41 40-yd dash

The old Mike Jasper ideology.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.