Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Trade back into the 1st and draft myles jack

Fills a need & have to believe Rex knows him real well.

Wonder if they'd move up toward the top of the 2nd if Jack is still there tomorrow night?

My guess is that if they weren't willing to take a chance at 19, they're not willing to trade assets to take a chance. But if he drops to us? That'll be interesting.

My guess is that if they weren't willing to take a chance at 19, they're not willing to trade assets to take a chance. But if he drops to us? That'll be interesting.

Probably would only cost a 5th (4th?) to move up 10 spots or less. Wouldn't expect them to move into the 1st (Whalley essentially said they're done for the night) but curious about a smaller jump to go for him.

So what's the deal with Lawson's shoulder?

Best I can tell he dislocated it a couple years ago, played with a brace to limit motion, and got flagged for it at the combine. Combined with Schefter's reported 4-6 month timetable, I'd assume that means there's damage to the labrum that has to be repaired at some point. Not really a big deal.

Probably would only cost a 5th (4th?) to move up 10 spots or less. Wouldn't expect them to move into the 1st (Whalley essentially said they're done for the night) but curious about a smaller jump to go for him.

Fair. Wonder how far he ends up falling? Some reports tonight saying at least several teams have him off their boards entirely.

Best I can tell he dislocated it a couple years ago, played with a brace to limit motion, and got flagged for it at the combine. Combined with Schefter's reported 4-6 month timetable, I'd assume that means there's damage to the labrum that has to be repaired at some point. Not really a big deal.

Fair. Wonder how far he ends up falling? Some reports tonight saying at least several teams have him off their boards entirely.

Good Q. Hopefully far enough for the Bills to get another crack at him. Even if he's only effective for as long as Sam Cowart was, it'd be worth a 2nd (& change perhaps) to have 2-3 seasons worth of All-Pro level play.

Good Q. Hopefully far enough for the Bills to get another crack at him. Even if he's only effective for as long as Sam Cowart was, it'd be worth a 2nd (& change perhaps) to have 2-3 seasons worth of All-Pro level play.

Totally agree. And I know they probably aren't thinking they're going to be fired, but it's not like Whaley and Rex can be sure they're around long enough for his knee to explode anyway. In the short term he could easily help them extend their contracts.

@viccarucci
Shaq Lawson tells #Bills media that right shoulder injury happened in freshman year & hasn't given him a problem since. 

Mike Mayock: "He can play inside, outside, up, and down.  You know Rex, he loves his chess pieces he can move around"

@yardsperpass
Lawson is a power rush, not a run around the edge guy... but lots of advanced metrics had him very high athletically as well

Jay Skurski ‏@JaySkurski 31s32 seconds ago

Whaley says Lawson is the "day-one starter opposite" Jerry Hughes.

King Me ‏@sammywatkins 5s6 seconds ago

We got my boy what a blessing @Shaq_Lawson90

Howard WGR ‏@hsimon62 47s47 seconds ago

more from Mayock on Lawson: explosive 1st step, quick off edge, relentless motor. usually lined up vs left tackle.

Hughes is the speed rusher, so the Bills needed the power rusher to out-perform Mario Williams. This power rusher —let's call him “Shaq”, shall we? —can work from a variety of positions—from the stand-up 3-4 OLB spot, from the five-technique DE spot (head up over the tackle), or from inside at a three-technique (between the Guard and Tackle). A successful (and confirmed healthy) Shaq would have toughness, size, explosiveness, instincts, and athleticism. This is not a mere replacement. This is the upgrade. This Shaq finished 5th in the nation in sacks (12.5) in 2015“Shaq Lawson made Ronnie Stanley look like an undrafted Free Agent However, what really stands out is that this Clemson guy topped the nation with 25.5 tackles for loss, and was second in the nation in "stuffs" for D-Linemen with 17. Film suggests that ACC opponents countered by running away from Shaq consistently, so his success behind the LOS is even more impressive. Another Lawson makes lots of sense. But we'll go with Shaq instead of Manny this time. Grade: A+

@bytimgraham
Bills GM Doug Whaley says Bills medical staff signed off on him and they're OK with shoulder issues. 

Adam Benigni ‏@AdamBenigni 57s57 seconds ago

#Bills GM Whaley: He was there as a top rated guy and he was "sticking out like a sore thumb... we never thought we'd get a sniff at him."

Chris Brown ‏@ChrisBrownBills 2m2 minutes ago

Whaley - don't intend to use Lawson much in space. Can do it on occasion but we've got DBs to cover. #Bills

@chrisbrownbills

Whaley -we never even thought we'd have a chance to get this guy. We had a couple of calls but it wasn't worth it for us to move out. #Bills 

19. Buffalo Bills: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

As far as body type, think Brian Orakpo and Tamba Hali as a best-case. He can play inside or outside, and up or down. He has an explosive lower body and violent hands, and is quick off the edge.

WGR 550 ‏@WGR550 13s14 seconds ago

Lawson - I can bring anything to the team. Whatever the team needs me to do, I am versatile #Bills

WGR 550 ‏@WGR550 2m2 minutes ago

Lawson - I had conversations with Rex a lot #Bills

4-28: DOUG WHALEY PRESS CONFERENCE AFTER DRAFTING SHAQ LAWSON (6:53)

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.