NHL All Star Weekend Thread

darksabre

When it is all said and done.... it seems a bit scripted, no?

Milbury is one of the very few public figures that gets a hate response out of me.  I know he's playing a character, but you have to have a decent bit of ###### in you to play that big of an ######.

Getting the MVP, yes.

The rest of it, not really.

Curious if the media chose the MVP or the NHL. Hard to believe that the boneheads running the NHL could have figured out how to let/make this story work.

I caught a few minutes of things while trying to get some work done.  The kid had it on and was glued to the screen so I heard when SCott scored... twice.

He loved it and I guess if the kids are who should love it then it's working.

When it is all said and done.... it seems a bit scripted, no?

Nah, there's no way the NHL could purposefully pull off something this compelling.

Getting the MVP, yes.

The rest of it, not really.

Curious if the media chose the MVP or the NHL. Hard to believe that the boneheads running the NHL could have figured out how to let/make this story work.

Could be wrong, but I thought they announced the MVP was a fan vote.

I'm really happy for John Scott. He's pretty cool. Seems appreciated by his fellow mates. Hes made the ASG more fun to watch. The smile on his face is something that's missing from some of these "premodona" types.

Prima donna.  And you have to be gushing now!

I haven't watched the ASG in many years.  I watched tonight because of the John Scott phenomenon and the 3 on 3 play.  The game itself was entertaining and the Scott story made the game even more fun.  The NHL is lucky that they went along with the Scott story and that Scott is a very good guy.  Another player may not have taken the NHL's attempt to talk him out of it quite so well.

Excellent for Scott.

A big FU to Milbury. Too bad, so sad. Every time someone said something good about Scott during the intermissions it looked like he was ready to kit a kid w/ a sneaker. Again, FU Mike.

That guy is such a biased scumbag - why they keep him on the air is beyond me.  

The All-Star games in the past have been boring - this new 3 on 3 tourney format makes it great fun to watch.  

Couple that with the John Scott story -  best All-Star game ever!!!!     John was tremendous out there - he played (literally) the game of his life;  and silenced the NHL brass.     LOL at weaselly little Gary Bettman being forced to present John with the check.   John delivered, thru his deeds and rising to the occasion,  a major FU to Bettman and Co.  It was wonderful!   

The All-Star games in the past have been boring - this new 3 on 3 tourney format makes it great fun to watch.  

Couple that with the John Scott story -  best All-Star game ever!!!!     John was tremendous out there - he played (literally) the game of his life;  and silenced the NHL brass.     LOL at weaselly little Gary Bettman being forced to present John with the check.   John delivered, thru his deeds and rising to the occasion,  a major FU to Bettman and Co.  It was wonderful!   

A visual of what Scott did to Bettman today...

http://twitter.com/blogesalming/status/693985010441981955

CaGQ9_KWYAEVvUt.jpg

CaF9HwTUMAAZDwl.jpg

(Actually NOT really John Scott, despite the name, but a hilarious parody account.)

Scored that goal for fat a## Milbury the guys still salty he sucked a## and now he's in the broadcast booth with a tiny d##k #CapnScott

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.