Drouin's agent demands trade

FLYNNSanity

No roster players for me.  Unless it's Foligno or something like that.

Does Matt Ellis have a NTC? :)

I'd be wary of a 2nd and a player, but either or a player and lower pick I'd be all over it. Gigantic reward, and the pick isn't that much risk.

Does Matt Ellis have a NTC? :)

I'd be wary of a 2nd and a player, but either or a player and lower pick I'd be all over it. Gigantic reward, and the pick isn't that much risk.

So, you want a gigantic reward, but don't want to pay for it/assume the commensurate risk?

Depending on how low his value has sunk, I absolutely want to be in on this.

I do too. This is exactly the kind of buy low type opportunities that have a real positive impact if they hit. It has certainly been GMTM's plan in the past to acquire top ten picks when they become available.

Then again, this specific situation seems to have an equal probability of being a total bust. Hence the reduced trade cost.

I do too. This is exactly the kind of buy low type opportunities that have a real positive impact if they hit. It has certainly been GMTM's plan in the past to acquire top ten picks when they become available.

Then again, this specific situation seems to have an equal probability of being a total bust. Hence the reduced trade cost.

Most of the time when it comes to trades, it doesn't matter where a guy was taken in the draft.  But here, less than 3 years removed from his drafting, it is very much a factor.  There is no "buy low" with him right now.  It's going to take a lot more than what people are suggesting here.  Personally, I'm not interested.  The red flags are too numerous at this point.

So, you want a gigantic reward, but don't want to pay for it/assume the commensurate risk?

Not answering for MattPie, but for myself, there is a significant risk that Drouin never gets his act together.  That's why I wouldn't pay much.

Most of the time when it comes to trades, it doesn't matter where a guy was taken in the draft.  But here, less than 3 years removed from his drafting, it is very much a factor.  There is no "buy low" with him right now.  It's going to take a lot more than what people are suggesting here.  Personally, I'm not interested.  The red flags are too numerous at this point.

Agreed on the red flags, but the fact that Yzerman hasn't been able to move him in two weeks tells me that it's not exactly a seller's market with this guy.

Agreed on the red flags, but the fact that Yzerman hasn't been able to move him in two weeks tells me that it's not exactly a seller's market with this guy.

I don't think there's much of a rush to do so, though.  Yesterday's action might force his hand a bit, but there's very little sense in making a trade just to get rid of him.  They can sit back and wait for what they feel is a balanced offer.

I don't think there's much of a rush to do so, though.  Yesterday's action might force his hand a bit, but there's very little sense in making a trade just to get rid of him.  They can sit back and wait for what they feel is a balanced offer.

That's a fair point.  And yesterday really means nothing; Yzerman doesn't have to listen to this kid's agent.

Trade me now or else will expose drama within organization. Iz is a control guy and wont like it. Making it uncomfortable for him. Also negotiate a reasonable trade for Douin and put Iz on the spot. Need to make Iz uncomfortable.

I'm not enough aware of drama within the Lightning team.  I guess that's the part I'm not getting.

Dumb move.

Horrible advice.

Don't want him anywhere near the Sabres.

Frankly, I think a lot of GMs probably wonder how much of his draft status should now be attributed to MacKinnon and not Drouin's overall ability. Between that and him taking his puck and going home I'm not buying in on him regardless of the circumstances.

Drouin was playing 11.25mins a night this season. His possession metrics for 5v5 are right about 50% which is mediocre. Idk what his perceived value is but he isn't a goal scorer as much as he is a playmaker. He reminds me of more talented Ennis with his skating and puckhandling. No idea at this point what the Sabres should offer for him.

Not answering for MattPie, but for myself, there is a significant risk that Drouin never gets his act together.  That's why I wouldn't pay much.

Thanks. I skipped a word in there, Drouin is very boom-bust right now. He may be worth the #3 pick someday, but right now any team that takes him is as likely to never see 100 NHL games out of him. I'd consider a combination of a couple non-1st round picks or an OK roster player. This is where good GMs and scouts make their money.

Drouin will have a hard time getting a job if he does that. He's not exactly Lindros demanding to be moved

Some team will take him, have no doubt. The potential is too high. How many teams have taken a flyer on Cody H or Zack K so far? I wouldn't even mind seeing him in a Sabres uniform for the next couple years if the price isn't too high. I was very cautious about Ryan O'Reilly because he made a stink while he was in Colorado, and that turned out OK.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.