Drouin's agent demands trade

FLYNNSanity

Some team will take him, have no doubt. The potential is too high. How many teams have taken a flyer on Cody H or Zack K so far? I wouldn't even mind seeing him in a Sabres uniform for the next couple years if the price isn't too high. I was very cautious about Ryan O'Reilly because he made a stink while he was in Colorado, and that turned out OK.

It's going to take another TrueBlue level of persuasion for me to bite on Drouin. I'd take a flier on him, for sure, but I'm not giving them a 1st or any roster players. The good thing is, Tampa burned his ELC, and anything he does in a year likely won't be enough to demand any substantial cap hit, so he could be very cheap. 

It's good to know that the majority of his numbers came when he was on the ice with Jonathan Drouin. :lol:

He's great at playing with himself. Over 988 minutes of it. No wonder he got demoted, he's blind out there

Most of the time when it comes to trades, it doesn't matter where a guy was taken in the draft.  But here, less than 3 years removed from his drafting, it is very much a factor.  There is no "buy low" with him right now.  It's going to take a lot more than what people are suggesting here.  Personally, I'm not interested.  The red flags are too numerous at this point.

If this is the case, I wouldn't be interested in Drouin.

But if we can get him for, say, Ennis and a 3rd, I make the trade. His potential is worth it.

If this is the case, I wouldn't be interested in Drouin.

But if we can get him for, say, Ennis and a 3rd, I make the trade. His potential is worth it.

After tampa signs stamkos, they can't take on any high salaries, not even of the 2 mill kind.  

They want a young nhl ready player on his elc.    They need to resign hedman and the triplets next season.

I'm not enough aware of drama within the Lightning team. I guess that's the part I'm not getting.

I have been reading and will need to look up sources that Stamkos and Cooper have had some contentiousness lately, though not sure extent, along with Drouin issue, Cooper is too rigid with his players... sounds like some personalities involved with player relationships and Cooper.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/stamkos-denies-recent-rumours-about-leaving-tampa-jon-cooper/

http://toomanymenonthesite.com/2016/01/04/tampa-bay-lightning-rumors-unhappy-players/

Edited by North Buffalo

It's going to take another TrueBlue level of persuasion for me to bite on Drouin. I'd take a flier on him, for sure, but I'm not giving them a 1st or any roster players. The good thing is, Tampa burned his ELC, and anything he does in a year likely won't be enough to demand any substantial cap hit, so he could be very cheap. 

He's great at playing with himself. Over 988 minutes of it. No wonder he got demoted, he's blind out there

Yea, even though I disagree with you here, that's not happening this time. Maybe if we actually get him and I have to try to calm a board meltdown I'll be motivated to put something together :lol:

Worked out just fine for Kyle Turris. I know they're not perfectly comparable situations, but still.

True but I don't think the problem is asking to be traded, I bet that happens more often then we hear, I think the problem is the holding out and developments of yesterday.

True but I don't think the problem is asking to be traded, I bet that happens more often then we hear, I think the problem is the holding out and developments of yesterday.

Especially since he has very little leverage since he has yet to even sniff his first big contract. Big gamble that if it backfires he never gets a chance at the first contract that pays him anything.

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.