Drouin's agent demands trade

FLYNNSanity

If he plays the remaining 2 games, it burns a year off of his ELC and diminishes his trade value accordingly.  They'd be smart to scratch him for one game.

Just read a tweet from Bob McKenzie stating he only needs to be on the roster for 2 games, whether he plays or not in order to have this year count. This ought to be interesting.

Just read a tweet from Bob McKenzie stating he only needs to be on the roster for 2 games, whether he plays or not in order to have this year count. This ought to be interesting.

Looks like he corrected his earlier tweet to the contrary.  Well, they're not going to send him back down, so there goes a year of ELC.

I don't think the ELC is the issue, it's accruing a full year of NHL service which makes him a UFA one year earlier.

It's both.  ELCs are cheap and he might command a hefty raise as an RFA.

Haven't looked REAL close @ the CBA in a while, but unless his failure to report to the minors invokes a penalty, not sure how he loses (gains, more precisely) a year of playing on an ELC.

Haven't looked REAL close @ the CBA in a while, but unless his failure to report to the minors invokes a penalty, not sure how he loses (gains, more precisely) a year of playing on an ELC.

Dunno.  Just going by what McKensie has said.

I must have missed that in my *feed*.

1. As @generalfanager points out, Drouin merely being on roster for 2 games - doesn't have to play them - would get him credit for accrued year

29 retweets46 likes

Retweet

More
  2. More

If Drouin plays in final two TB regular season games, he gets an accrued season counting towards UFA status but TB not concerned with that.

So the call-up had no effect whatsoever on his ELC?  

Yes.  If he's not on the roster the final two games, he doesn't get the accrued year toward his UFA, but that doesn't affect when he becomes a RFA (This year his ELC burns one year no matter).  We disagree on how that affects his value, I think they don't give him the 2 games on the roster, they must trade him, further lessening his value to Tampa, despite also decreasing his value to the receiving team.  I would give him the two games, but I'm not a war-time consigliere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.