Get ready for Pegula Sports radio

PromoTheRobot

Why on earth would the Pegulas want to get into media ownership, on top of sports agency, country music, oil and gas, philanthropy, real estate development, creative design, game presentation, scouting, player development, football, hockey, indoor lacrosse, coaching, managing, training, massage therapy, snick snack overhaul, blue cotton candy, lockerroom design, fashion, tennis, politics.........

Obviously so you'll have no lack of dots to connect.

I'm curious to know why. Both stations in NYC sound pretty much the same as WGR.

More knowledgeable hosts. More entertaining hosts. Better guests. Fewer gimmicky sideshows, but more effective ones.

WGR has a good amount of hockey talk, but Vancouver has more.

I would also suspect that the amount of hockey talk in Vancouver dwarfs New York.

I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when Ed Kilgore celebrated 40 years (?) on the air at WGRZ then swiftly moved over to Pegulaville so he could serve as a mouthpiece to the organization. Pegulas have been consolidating power in Buffalo to the point that in the future, the only listened-to sportscasters in in Buffalo have been bought and paid for.

ESPN New York or Chicago are full of local shows. ESPN 1520 is off the satellite 24/7, except for UB games. Also 1520 is co-owned by WGR. What a waste they don't put the Sabres on 1520, a station that covers most of the East coast at night.

It's 2016.  Anyone on the East Coast who wants to listen to the Sabres has a way.

Also, I find it more difficult to get a good 1520 signal in Buffalo than 550.

More knowledgeable hosts. More entertaining hosts. Better guests. Fewer gimmicky sideshows, but more effective ones.

WGR has a good amount of hockey talk, but Vancouver has more.

I would also suspect that the amount of hockey talk in Vancouver dwarfs New York.

If by dwarfs you mean that there is some, then yes. This really is a baseball town.

It's 2016.  Anyone on the East Coast who wants to listen to the Sabres has a way.

Also, I find it more difficult to get a good 1520 signal in Buffalo than 550.

Speaking of which, I noticed the NHL app has the ability to stream audio now. The Chicago game on NHLN was blacked out for GameCenter, but had a link on the blackout page for audio, which ran fine on my phone via Wifi for the entire game.

I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when Ed Kilgore celebrated 40 years (?) on the air at WGRZ then swiftly moved over to Pegulaville so he could serve as a mouthpiece to the organization. Pegulas have been consolidating power in Buffalo to the point that in the future, the only listened-to sportscasters in in Buffalo have been bought and paid for.

Or...they want to improve sports talk radio in Buffalo from its current high school amateur hour level.

Or...they want to control the message and minimize criticism.

Of course. I remember Pegula scolding the media for being too hard on the Sabres. Participation trophies for all of our guys (Bills and Sabres) and now each team should have a staff of media fluffers to keep them brimming with confidence as we strive for good enough.

Anything would be better than WGR. Don't care who owns them.

Be careful what you wish for.. as I mentioned above.. you could get the crap that passes for local sports radio in Rochester.  For me WGR is award winning compared to that crap.  

• 5 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it sounds like a PSE TV Station ( As Chz first reported) is getting closer to a reality. This is part of a twitter conversation between a Sabres Blogger and Michelle Girardi Zumwalt, Senior Producer at PSE. 

Ryan Wolfe ‏@wolfebltd  35m

@chellegz I look forward to more. Maybe when that magic TV station shows up, you can do this but with Bills players.

Michelle Girardi Z

@wolfebltd You may not have to wait that long...

0 retweets0 likes

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it sounds like a PSE TV Station ( As Chz first reported) is getting closer to a reality. This is part of a twitter conversation between a Sabres Blogger and Michelle Girardi Zumwalt, Senior Producer at PSE.

Ryan Wolfe@wolfebltd 35m

35 minutes ago

@chellegz I look forward to more. Maybe when that magic TV station shows up, you can do this but with Bills players.

Michelle Girardi Z

45]

@chellegz

@wolfebltd You may not have to wait that long...

0 retweets0 likes

I think she meant you may not have to wait for the tv station to become a thing for the Bills Showdown to be a thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.