GDT: Florida @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 1/5/2015

WildCard

What is the point then if that isn't what you mean? Hell, I could play center on any team in the league right now then. And they would all instantly get a whole lot worse.

What the hell is this? Now you're really out to lunch. The whole point of the statement is to assert that O'Reilly is a number one center in the NHL. Not that he's better than every other number 1 center in the NHL. Who the hell would ever try to say that? 

He's doing that already. Why do you think ROR looks so go? :devil:

Mirrors. 

What the hell is this? Now you're really out to lunch. The whole point of the statement is to assert that O'Reilly is a number one center in the NHL. Not that he's better than every other number 1 center in the NHL. Who the hell would ever try to say that? 

Now I'm really confused, because I thought it was you who said it.

O'Reilly could be a number 1 center on any team in this league. 

That is what I said. But I get the feeling you're taking it to mean that he would push their current 1 down to the 2 slot. Which is a point I would never try to make because that wouldn't make any sense.

I am taking it to mean that every other team would trade their #1 for ROR. I don't believe that and I don't think you do either. ROR is a fantastic player, but I think he is being prematurely canonized.

Now I'm really confused, because I thought it was you who said it.

On any team in the league. Number 1 center. There's nothing in that statement that is saying he would supplant the current number 1 center on any team in the league. That statement, which has been applied to many players in the history of talking about hockey, has never been interpreted the way you're interpreting it. 

I am taking it to mean that every other team would trade their #1 for ROR. I don't believe that and I don't think you do either. ROR is a fantastic player, but I think he is being prematurely canonized.

Straight trade. I think O'Reilly is that good. 

O'Reilly could be a number 1 center on any team in this league. 

On any team in the league. Number 1 center. There's nothing in that statement that is saying he would supplant the current number 1 center on any team in the league. That statement, which has been applied to many players in the history of talking about hockey, has never been interpreted the way you're interpreting it. 

If he didn't supplant the #1 center, that would make him #2.

Goaltending had been covering up some flaws. Now that both are playing to where we'd expect them to be - journeyman & AHL rookie, the flaws aren't getting covered.

Moulson being non-existant & Ennis being broken / ineffective (for the most part when not broken) along w/ Pysyk's absence is really hurting.

Thought McCabe had a rough game today, but he should bounce back.

Sadly the 4th line was the only one that looked effective tonight.

Very disappointed w/ their play last 3 games and it doesn't get any easier Saturday. Pretty sure they said Ra-cha-cha has 4 games in 6 days coming up starting this weekend. If true, get Lehner in at least 3 of them and get him back in Buffalo ASAP.

Um, k.

So he wouldn't supplant any current #1 center,… cuz that isn't what you meant, but, um, any team would straight trade their #1 center for him.

I think you need sleep.

Edited by SwampD

D4rk, I think you are having a Neo moment, where what you mean is not the conventional way most folks understand what you are saying.

The way D4rk's statement is worded it means what everybody is saying it does, in my opinion.

But, given the context of the conversation and my knowledge of D4rk's ability to use common sense, I took it to mean O'Reilly could be the number one center on any caliber of team in the league. Good, bad, ugly, great, championship... Whatever.

You see him on the footage between period breaks? Dude appears to be heavy with his guys.

I don't know. I'd like to find a screen grab and analyze the body language.

Bylsma - takes off coat - "whoo, boy, it's hot in here, ain't it boys? Yeah, so...how you feeling out there?  Are we enjoying ourselves?  That was a good move, there, Jack, you almost got that one in...Gio, that was a smart play there halfway against Barkov, you could try keeping the puck though, maybe skate it in, or hold it, you know, for Jamie, or...you know when we have the puck in the neutral zone, someone ought try to get open, right, I mean, you know, if you can't make the pass before going off sides, then send it down the boards...whatever you're feeling.  Trust me, the boards are your friends, you'll be fast enough to get to the puck...one day, sure...okay, oh, you know, did anyone take my Lego hockey rink that was on my desk?  I know most of you have seen it, right?  Anyone?"

Maybe they should have an Exorcism Night at the FNC.

As I recall that was tried when Muckler traded for Satan at the deadline in '97. The same season the scoreboard crashed to center ice because, obviously, evil spirits. Didn't quite work then; given the organization's recent track record at moving forward, they'll let loose a few new and more malevolent demons because why not?

Oh, and how'd those lines that everyone wanted to see work out?   :P

Glad I sat this one out and watched an awesome movie.  I'll just stand back and be entertained by y'all now.

Not quite the lines I wanted (would've flipped McGinn & Moulson), but the results probably would've been pretty much the same. :cry:

I am still not actively rooting for us to lose, but this team is still a work in progress, we have some key injuries, and we are headed into a brutal stretch of the schedule.

Oh, and it's January and we are in the league basement.

I'd love to see us bottom out.  Why not.  Add another big time piece.

One thing that is very true is that Luongo owns the Sabres and Jagr is a Sabre killer. So the fact they beat us isn't all that surprising.

Oh and someone put Moulson and practically 2/3rds the team on a milk carton. They are missing!

O'Reilly's goal was nice thanks to an unreal pass by Eichel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.