GDT: Florida @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 1/5/2015

WildCard

Yea, definitely didn't see Moulson being a corpse on skates quite yet.

Or Girgensons being pretty much invisible. Or Franson falling off a cliff on the power play. Or Kane pretty much never hitting the net. Or Gorges being pretty much washed up. 

We've got three defensemen (Bogo, Risto, Pysyk), O'Reilly, McGinn, and two kids in Eichel and Samson. That's the whole team right now. 

I don't want anything more from him. He is what he is and it's great, but he is the #1 center on a team fighting for last place. Hey, at least it's a step in the right direction. Last year we didn't even have that.

O'Reilly could be a number 1 center on any team in this league. 

Or Girgensons being pretty much invisible. Or Franson falling off a cliff on the power play. Or Kane pretty much never hitting the net. Or Gorges being pretty much washed up. 

We've got three defensemen (Bogo, Risto, Pysyk), O'Reilly, McGinn, and two kids in Eichel and Samson. That's the whole team right now. 

I would add McCabe (with a nod to Foligno) to the bolded.

As to the last line, If we win the cup when this Koolaid that I'm drinking right now tells me we will, I will be shocked if ROR is our #1 center when it happens.

Except Chicago, Dallas, Fla, LA, SJ, Phil, Wash, Pitt, Edmonton, Calg, NYi, Bos, and Tampa

I would add McCabe (with a nod to Foligno) to the bolded.

As to the last line, If we win the cup when this Koolaid that I'm drinking right now tells me we will, I will be shocked if ROR is our #1 center when it happens.

I can't include McCabe or Foligno. I think McCabe has looked good for a kid. But not for a top 4 NHL defenseman. And Foligno has 7 points. He's not bringing anything to the table. 

I think there's a very good chance that we'll just have two top lines and #1 and #2 will be effectively the same thing.  :P

Though he's been better the past couple games, I'm still not counting Bogo.

Except Chicago, Dallas, Fla, LA, SJ, Phil, Wash, Pitt, Edmonton, Calg, NYi, Bos, and Tampa

Sure, if you're asking him to supplant the current roster players. But that would be asinine. 

Though he's been better the past couple games, I'm still not counting Bogo.

I'm cutting Bogo slack for being hurt so much. I thought hard about excluding him. 

Nah, we just see it differently. I think lack of talent often looks like lack of effort.

That's just his demeanor.

Sometimes a coach has to throw us a bone. Lindy was good at it. I just want some indication that there's anger on this team. I hope it's there and just being kept behind closed doors.

Sure, if you're asking him to supplant the current roster players. But that would be asinine. 

I'm cutting Bogo slack for being hurt so much. I thought hard about excluding him.

I'm sorry I thought you posted he would be the #1 center on any team in this league.

I can't include McCabe or Foligno. I think McCabe has looked good for a kid. But not for a top 4 NHL defenseman. And Foligno has 7 points. He's not bringing anything to the table. 

I think there's a very good chance that we'll just have two top lines and #1 and #2 will be effectively the same thing.  :P

Having to decide who is number one would be a great problem to have. Not having to decide that ROR was the clear cut #2 would be an even better problem to have.

I might be crazy, but I really think that a line of Eichel, Gionta, and Foligno would do some damage.

Edited by SwampD

Sometimes a coach has to throw us a bone. Lindy was good at it. I just want some indication that there's anger on this team. I hope it's there and just being kept behind closed doors.

You see him on the footage between period breaks? Dude appears to be heavy with his guys.

I'm sorry I thought you posted he would be the #1 center on any team in this league.

That is what I said. But I get the feeling you're taking it to mean that he would push their current 1 down to the 2 slot. Which is a point I would never try to make because that wouldn't make any sense.  

That is what I said. But I get the feeling you're taking it to mean that he would push their current 1 down to the 2 slot. Which is a point I would never try to make because that wouldn't make any sense.  

What is the point then if that isn't what you mean? Hell, I could play center on any team in the league right now then. And they would all instantly get a whole lot worse.

Having to decide who is number one would be a great problem to have. Not having to decide that ROR was the clear cut #2 would be an even better problem to have.

I might be crazy, but I really think that a line of Eichel, Gionta, and Foligno would do some damage.

Damage to Jack's back while he tries to carry both of them around the offensive zone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.