GDT: Buffalo @ Washington, 7:00 pm est, 12/30/2015

WildCard

You posted this during the Boston game, right?

I hear you. But they're near the bottom of the league again. That has to count for something.

Pretty sure tonight is Kane. That better not be Bogo. Sometimes, he just doesn't have the hockey sense.

Did you see the Blue and Gold on Bogosian? I got a distinct Stafford feeling from him. Like what he really wants to do in life is DJ.

I don't think Murray cares where we finish. I think what Murray cares about is where the team progresses to. He is looking at who does what and how much do they grow. Next year is the first year where I think he starts to care about the team making the playoffs.

Edited by LGR4GM

I don't think Murray cares where we finish. I think what Murray cares about is where the team progresses too. He is looking at who does what and how much do they grow. Next year is the first year where I think he starts to care about the team making the playoffs.

TO.  NOT TOO.  FOR 'S SAKES YOU HAVE A MILLION MASTER'S DEGREES.  

NOT DEGREE'S

NOT MILLIO'N.

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN?

Yes, I'm in a mood.

TO. NOT TOO. FOR ######'S SAKES YOU HAVE A MILLION MASTER'S DEGREES.

NOT DEGREE'S

NOT MILLIO'N.

Yes, I'm in a mood.

Kitty's got claws. Meow.

...but it was good chicken right? :unsure:

Edited by inkman

I feel sorry for the chicken.

It may be getting choked tonight

One chicken sucked, the other might get ######.

See that, Liger?  It was stupid, but I still spelled everything write.

Edit:  I actually am sorry.  I'm in a mood.  I probably will be until Jan. 5 and then maybe my brain will ease up on me a bit.

Love you all.

Edited by Eleven

I didn't watch the game, but I saw the NHL.com highlights and they were full of Eichel, which I like.

Pittsburgh had like 56 points, or just 2 games better than us the last two years, the first season after they drafted Crosby. That roster was much worse than this one. They were in the SCF two years later. Washington is a top 2 team in the league this year.

We'll get there. Meanwhile, let's enjoy a fresh Eichel getting 6 points in his last three games, and hopefully many more to come.

What a tease. You get a glimpse of things to come, but I can't help but think at least half of this roster will have to go before they can truly contend. Not feeling the Kane-Bogo trade on a night like this. I liked it, don't get me wrong. Worth a shot. Neither guy is as advertised.

Depends what advertising you were paying attention to. Plenty of 'Peg fans described them exactly as we're seeing them.

My problem is that I'm not enjoying it one ounce more than last year. There is a ton more turnover that needs to be done with this team

I'm with Dudacek: really a shame you feel this way. That the team is still low in the standings is reflective of where they were last year more than how much they have improved. They're pretty obviously much better, it's just that coming off consecutive 50 point season is a pretty low starting point.

Murray didn't explicitly say that to start 2014, much less 2015.

I don't like the coach.  That's me, though.  Others might find different reasons.

I'm with you.

TO.  NOT TOO.  FOR ######'S SAKES YOU HAVE A MILLION MASTER'S DEGREES.  

NOT DEGREE'S

NOT MILLIO'N.

Yes, I'm in a mood.

Assuming you don't have a free name change for Homonym Crusader? :p

I didn't watch the game, but I saw the NHL.com highlights and they were full of Eichel, which I like.

Pittsburgh had like 56 points, or just 2 games better than us the last two years, the first season after they drafted Crosby. That roster was much worse than this one. They were in the SCF two years later. Washington is a top 2 team in the league this year.

We'll get there. Meanwhile, let's enjoy a fresh Eichel getting 6 points in his last three games, and hopefully many more to come.

Absolutely. His month before the break and three games after are night and day. I'm not against a rest in the future if he's in another long stretch of shoddy play.

Just finished watching the game on severe delay. Eichel will make Girgs better than he will Kane. Girgs and to a lesser extent Gionlooked for the soft areas and Jack was finding them. Risto. Pay the man Shirley. CJ shows you why he is in the show and why he was never an established starter all in the same game. The kids are alright, Legwand is good at hockey even at his age and we need Pysyk back. Thoroughly enjoyable game. Can't make mistakes against a team as hot as the caps. I felt the awakening.

It'd be fun if the new Eichel line meshes well, Girgensons creating space for Gionta to take the job Moulson was supposed to have, picking up the trash after Eichel does his thing.

I would rather see Moulson than Gio on that line. If Ennis is out they may move Gio up to play with Kane and Larsson and I will get my wish.

I would rather see Moulson than Gio on that line. If Ennis is out they may move Gio up to play with Kane and Larsson and I will get my wish.

Yeah, they have to get Moulson going.  No better way than to play with Jack.

Moulson has shown a much greater deterioration of skill/ability than Gionta, to be honest.

From some guy's Twitter: Kuznetsov on how he knew Ovechkin was in front of the net on Ovi's first goal: "I smell him."

Edited by Randall Flagg

The beat the hottest team in hockey for two periods.  I don't put much stock in moral victories, but really, the last two games, the Sabres acquitted themselves well for the most part.  Two periods in the Caps were a very frustrated team.  Just a bit more of that and we could be contendahs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.