GDT: Buffalo @ Washington, 7:00 pm est, 12/30/2015

WildCard

Does this make it seven games now without a power play goal? That's not good. I think teams have figured out that you just don't let Risto shoot. I liked better when Eichel was on the left side better, as well.

Edited by SwampD

Saw in the box score (missed the game) that Bogo was a -4. Ouch. Was his play as bad as the box score indicates?

One goal was Johnson's fault mishandling the puck behind the net, one was McCabe leaving the slot open by going towards the corner Bogo was already in. But the other two were Bogo not getting his stick under the guys in the slot sticks. All the goals were preventable with proper technique.

One goal was Johnson's fault mishandling the puck behind the net, one was McCabe leaving the slot open by going towards the corner Bogo was already in. But the other two were Bogo not getting his stick under the guys in the slot sticks. All the goals were preventable with proper technique.

Isn't every goal in the history of hockey preventable with proper technique?

Saw in the box score (missed the game) that Bogo was a -4.  Ouch.  Was his play as bad as the box score indicates?

Bogo hasn't been playing that bad. Like someone said he was on the ice on that goal Johnson screwed up and he was also in the ice for the empty netter. So he was really a -2 like many others. 

Bogo is like Ennis and Gionta. No matter how good they play, many will never be happy. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Bogo hasn't been playing that bad. Like someone said he was on the ice on that goal Johnson screwed up and he was also in the ice for the empty netter. So he was really a -2 like many others. 

Bogo is like Ennis and Gionta. No matter how good they play, many will never be happy. 

I was incredibly happy with the way Bogo played for the last 30 games last season. He may be more comfortable being the huge minutes eater he was last year out of necessity, and is struggling with his reduced role this year.

If we can get back Tank-season Bogo I will be pumped.

Girgensons looked so much better on Eichel's wing. His game wasn't much different, except that his possession was being fed to Eichel instead of Larsson. Eich and Zemgus created space for one another incredibly well. Why did it take so long for HD to try this?

Reinhart has been in a little slump these past 3 games. He's still positionally sound, but he's not asserting himself or finishing.

Kane has been consistently meh to my eye. His vision is average at best, and his shot isn't good enough to make up for it. Maybe it is, but he doesn't shoot from the dangerous areas often enough to know.

McCabe and Bogosian have been mostly good. They're still good for a couple brainfarts per game, but I'm hopeful that those will go away as they play together longer.

As for last night's game, we played well. The Caps are incredibly dangerous and we came close plenty of times.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.