2016 WJC -- Helsinki Finland

wjag

Ah, I remember McDavid playing in the FN'C and his foster family beig Sabres fans. Good times

Canada -Finland used LMCMT as the goal song. We've created a monster

Was just getting ready to post this. On Canada's goal.

Sweden dominates Slovakia, looks to be an easy game, but you never know.

Looking solid so far! :)

What did the kids think of the panny?

Kids loved the panny ... But they roll their eyes at a dad who's "on a mission" to make them correctly .... Lingonberry's delicious ... The penny is, too .... Fun!

What kind of flour are you using?

Wheat flour. Nothing special, not self rising. I cut back, this batch, and got more fluff.

Kids loved the panny ... But they roll their eyes at a dad who's "on a mission" to make them correctly .... Lingonberry's delicious ... The penny is, too .... Fun!

Wheat flour. Nothing special, not self rising. I cut back, this batch, and got more fluff.

I had to do my hockey tape delay, today. USA - Czech and Canada - Finland were awesome.

Canada - Finland one of those "one for the ages" you get every year, here.

Sweden looks great.

I am enjoying the US, too.

Condolences to Canada. Virtanen will feel it .... He's carried a lot on his shoulders.

Edited by N'eo

I've carried an unreasonable hatred of Strome largely born of fear he would be our prize from the tank.

It's no longer unreasonable. Blackwood should have been pulled after the third goal and Virtanen is a moron.

I haven't been following the draft nearly as much as previous years, but Laine is a stud and Puljujarvi isn't far behind.

And Olli Juolevi looks like exactly what the Sabres need — a puckmoving LD.

I've carried an unreasonable hatred of Strome largely born of fear he would be our prize from the tank.

It's no longer unreasonable. Blackwood should have been pulled after the third goal and Virtanen is a moron.

I haven't been following the draft nearly as much as previous years, but Laine is a stud and Puljujarvi isn't far behind.

I'd be thrilled with any of those three Finns.

No clue how true this is (the "as a Sabre" part):

Austin Matthews, 2G so far. Favorite players: Doan & Briere (as a Sabre). Matthews & Briere: #Sabres #USAWJC

CXvNbrlWMAAl1L1.jpg

I get the sense that like last year the top pick is going to have his home team and Buffalo high on his list. So McDavid's Toronto and Buffalo will be Arizona and Buffalo for Matthews. He may also be happy with Philly due to the Briere connection.

Juolevi-Risto a Finnish defensive pair  or one of those wingers for Eichel, that's a hard choice.

Edited by thewookie1

Interesting. Yours just seems to have a browner tint to it.

I've found that the indicator for a good level of flour is when the milk/egg mixture stops generating a froth when beating.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.