2016 WJC -- Helsinki Finland

wjag

CA loses 5-2 Swedes dominate.

I can hear it now. What's going on with hockey Canada? Well I will tell you that a lot of countries are developing players that are just as good or better. Sweden is developing players just as fast as the US or faster. Come on we call baseball Americas pastime but other countries are better than us at it.

The Swedes have an interesting team.  They have some trees playing defense.  They collapse on in around the goalie and deflect a ton of shots.

Carl Grundstrom currently in MODO, undrafted, is an center that would be interesting for Sabres to look at. This guy is going to become really good in the future, he has the speed and intellect for it. 

16 Carl Grundström 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png MODO Hockey

Team looks good, hoping for gold again, but i am also hoping for USA/Canada because the tourney should always be played in USA/Canada, so much more exciting for these young players to play infront of 20k ppl instead of like 7-8k

here in EU. 

I really love the commitment for this sport in USA/Canada, doesnt matter if theres 2 foregin teams playing, still the arenas are sold out. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

I see Switzerland won game one of the relegation series, out shooting them 2-1. Belarus has never beaten Switzerland at the WJC.

I do not know when the elevated team is determined. Germany?

Teemu Selanne honored in Helsinki ....

http://www.worldjunior2016.com/en/news/fond-farewell-for-teemu/

Edited by N'eo

And Russia comes back!

What a great morning .... kids are still home for the Holidays, WJC IIHF ... and MODOcakes.

Danes should be very proud.

And, to off to Sweden, up 2-0 on Slovakia ... I shall cheer for SWE, of course!

And Russia comes back!

What a great morning .... kids are still home for the Holidays, WJC IIHF ... and MODOcakes.

Danes should be very proud.

And, to off to Sweden, up 2-0 on Slovakia ... I shall cheer for SWE, of course!

Sweden dominates Slovakia, looks to be an easy game, but you never know. 

Looking solid so far! :) 

What did the kids think of the panny? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.