GDT: Chicago @ Buffalo, 1:00 pm est, 12/19/2015

WildCard

So, ya wanna play with the big boys, eh? Wanna toss'em around with the best of the best, take their wives and have their rings? Well, you gotta prove you can do it first. That's exactly what the Buffalo Sabres will look to do on a Saturday matinee (it rhymes if you say it aloud) as they host the Chicago Blackhawks in a match-up of establishment vs up and coming. The Sabres, coming off a 3-0 shutout win against the Ducks, will look to keep the momentum going and end strong as they go into a week long break. Get your fix now folks, cause after this, we have a week of SS fights, the Kane thread and Politics. Jamie McGinn has looked strong over the last 6 games, and Tyler Ennis is expected to make an appearance after 15 games absent

We all know who's at the other end of the ice. Hell, we've tried our best to copy their entire model. They're basically our older brother, the one that makes captain and dates the prom queen while we're over here looking at pictures of her wondering if it will ever happen. These guys have done it all, and are looking to prove it again. After jettising Saad and Oduya, the Hawks haven't lost a beat as Kane's 26 point streak and the play of Panarin have the Hawks on the brink of a dynasty

Given Johnson's absurd start last time around and Crawford being the only Hawks goalie I can name this many deep, we're going with those two. Ennis is back by the way, so we'll get to see the impact he has on the Eichel line. Kruger is out for the year

Game Preview

STATS:
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Friday's Practice Report

Without the defenseman, Ennis lined up on a unit with Ryan O'ReillySam ReinhartJamie McGinn and Zach Bogosian. Buffalo's other unit consisted of Jack EichelEvander KaneMatt MoulsonBrian Gionta and Cody Franson.

Forwards:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 63 Tyler Ennis

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 26 Matt Moulson

82 Marcus Foligno – 19 Cal O'Reilly

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen (Maintenance Day)

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

Johnsons:

31 Chad Johnson

35 Linus Ullmark

usa-today-7816964.0.jpg

Kind of amazed Cal sits after that dish he had last night. Honestly, he should get the start over Matty Mou

Edited by WildCard

Will be watching (at least attempting to) this one on the ipad at work.  Hopefully this afternoon is slow.  Interested to see what kind of performance we get against a legit team at a weird time.  Wouldn't mind seeing Eichel bounce a few more in off of Evander. 

Also curious to see the reception a certain hometown boy gets. 

Leftwinglock is projecting Lehner as the starter on 26 December..

The extra week of practice would really help him get into game shape. I can't believe they didn't just sit Ennis one more game honestly 

Will be watching (at least attempting to) this one on the ipad at work.  Hopefully this afternoon is slow.  Interested to see what kind of performance we get against a legit team at a weird time.  Wouldn't mind seeing Eichel bounce a few more in off of Evander. 

Also curious to see the reception a certain hometown boy gets. 

How're you watching it? If I have TWC, can I remote login and use that? I'd like to get a good feed if I can 

Edited by WildCard

The extra week of practice would really help him get into game shape. I can't believe they didn't just sit Ennis one more game honestly 

How're you watching it? If I have TWC, can I remote login and use that? I'd like to get a good feed if I can 

Gamecenter.  The joys of living well out of market...

Who? Oh he's on first

(Brawndo and Wyldwoody are docs, and maybe one other I'm forgetting)

That's where I made the wrong turn.  I'm getting my wilds mixed up.

That used to happen with the two J car guys, too, but I've since straightened that out.

Also:  starting goalie for CHI is unconfirmed:  http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

That's where I made the wrong turn.  I'm getting my wilds mixed up.

That used to happen with the two J car guys, too, but I've since straightened that out.

Also:  starting goalie for CHI is unconfirmed:  http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

CHI has back to back..  I hope I am wrong, but I think we get Darling today and Crawford plays tomorrow against the Sharks.  I am trying to pick up Darling for a spot start tomorrow and that will likely go down the crapper when we get the backup today

I'm not a doctor, but I sometimes play one on SabreSpace, so I also love afternoon games.

CBC Sports says that the Hawk goalies are N/A.  So, maybe the Sabres have a chance.

Actually, the Hawks at times show some hangover rust from the SC run last season.  I predict a big win for the Sabres, or at least a good / close game.

I am on a holiday recess from teaching, so you guys and gals may have to put up with me more often over the coming 2 weeks.  I do have a lot of other work to catch up on, but I can take more SabreSpace breaks working at my office.

Oh, WildCard ... awesome job on the GDTs this season.  I did notice that you have started most of them this season.  Bang up job in replacing 26CB, whom I assume you ran out of town.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.