GDT: Anaheim @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/17/2015

WildCard

Yooouuuuuurrrrrr Buffalo Sabres will play host to a set of mallards on Thursday night as the Anaheim Ducks will waddle into town; I say waddle because as the worst scoring team in the league and the worst team in the West, the Ducks should call the Foo Fighters up and Learn to Fly. The Sabres, coming off a 2-0 shutout loss at home to the hands of hockey's most boring team in this entire century, will look to return the favor against a listless Ducks team. Buffalo will look to put together a solid winning streak before going on a week long break after Saturday's game, and beating the ###### out of Donald Duck is the perfect way to do it. And Matty Mou is gonna score

The Ducks are, well, terrible, to say the least. For a team many here and abroad has as Cup champions, or at the very least, a playoff team, being the worst team in the West is frustrating to say the least. Not only are the Ducks the worst scoring team in the league, nearly 20 goals less than the Sabres, but their stars have just vanished. Perry is having a decent year (10-9-19), but Getlzaf, at the ripe ol' age of 30 now, has 1, ONE, goal all year (1-16-17). How does that even happen? Kesler is having a year too, going 3-8-11. When your big boys don't play, everybody loses.

The Ducks are all fine and set in the health department. The Sabres are still missing Pysyk and Ennis (day-to-day upgrade for Tyler), and Foligno is day-to-day as well. Look for Anderson Gibson and.....Johnson? Yeah, Johnson. He'll start

Game Preview

STATS:
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Wednesday's Practice Report...

With the loss and offense sputtering, lineup changes will be likely, I will update tomorrow morning 

Forwards:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 26 Matt Moulson

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

17 David Legwand - 19 Cal O’Reilly – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers 

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe– 47 Zach Bogosian

Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

Not Lehners:

31 Chad Johnson

35  Linus Ullmark

matt-moulson-nhl-anaheim-ducks-buffalo-s

Searching Donald Duck funny on google gives you some interesting insight on Disney, that's for sure

Edited by WildCard

First game of my minipack! I thought this would be a really fun game to go to because of how the Ducks play, but man, they might be the most disappointing team in the league this year. All I really want to see is a win, Eichel on O'Reilly's wing, Reinhart centering Kane, Gionta on the 3rd line, Girgensons in the top-6, and a minion save. Not asking for too much, am I?

Ah yes, Ryan Getzlaf, the luckiest missed pick of my Sabrespace gold team.

I would have picked picked him late in the first round but the connection crashed and the machine autpicked the guy I had highlighted at the time of the crash - Erik Karlsson.

I wonder when the Ducks are going to make a move and I wonder how hard Murray is eying their young defencemen.

Edited by dudacek

Frederick Andersen and Hamphuis Lindholm have been freaking albatrosses on my fantasy team.  I finally dumped Lindholm.

As for tonight:  I'd like to see the Sabres score more than 1 freaking goal in regulation.

Good luck. The Ducks can't score even if bread was thrown at them, and they're also have solid GT and defense. Gonna be very low scoring tonight, calling 3-1 Sabres, with empty netter

Edited by WildCard

Sabres lines this morning: McGinn-R.O'Reilly-Reinhart Kane-Eichel-Moulson Girgensons-Larsson-Gionta Legwand-C.O'Reilly-Deslauriers

Defense pairings: Gorges-Ristolainen McCabe-Bogosian Weber-Franson Colaiacovo extra. Ennis skating as extra forward.

Foligno still day to day

Great news

Well that would work too, but I was thinking about literal cubed (but not toasted) bread.  That's what we used to feed the ducks near us (back in the days before FB told me that feeding ducks bread is bad for them).

It's ok if you feed 'em corn bread (hush puppies). That doesn't cause Celiac flare ups. ;)

Hey all, first time not so long time here. Recently found this site while browsing for some Sabres info during my long days at work. The only thing I want to see in this game, besides a win, is less visible frustration from Jack. The last few games, especially the Detroit game, it's been really easy to tell how annoyed he is with his lack of output in my opinion. And not in the ROR "better because I'm mad at myself way". I like where the team is headed, and I think Jack will be just as important to this team as ROR is the somewhat near future, I just don't want him to get too angry at himself and make stupid mistakes for the sake of getting points and making fancy plays. I think our team as a whole will benefit from the short holiday break after a tough first almost half of the season, Jack especially.

Edited by clintwestwood

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.