GDT: Anaheim @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/17/2015

WildCard

Thanks for joining us, Clint.  Nice avatar.

I've really not enjoyed seeing Eichel take an extra second to groan before skating again every time we turn it over.  I get where he's coming from because Kane hasn't been good on his line, but the legs feed the wolf, Jackie.

VanekFace 2.0

And the narrative grows. It's growing legs, even moving its feet..

Hey all, first time not so long time here. Recently found this site while browsing for some Sabres info during my long days at work. The only thing I want to see in this game, besides a win, is less visible frustration from Jack. The last few games, especially the Detroit game, it's been really easy to tell how annoyed he is with his lack of output in my opinion. And not in the ROR "better because I'm mad at myself way". I like where the team is headed, and I think Jack will be just as important to this team as ROR is the somewhat near future, I just don't want him to get too angry at himself and make stupid mistakes for the sake of getting points and making fancy plays. I think our team as a whole will benefit from the short holiday break after a tough first almost half of the season, Jack especially.

I haven't noticed The Jack Face. I see what I've always seen, sort of a hyper, intense, flush faced kid who works over his chew toy pretty good.

Your handle cracked me up. It was just the other night I was watching an old All in the Family episode on YouTube and one of Archie's malapropisms was Clint Westwood.

And the narrative grows. It's growing legs, even moving its feet..

Narrative?  He's a frustrated kid and it shows.

I'm not saying it's not warranted by him being young and still learning the NHL game. I'm not disappointed in his play at all, I just don't want him to be disappointed by his own play either. At least visibly. His play will definitely develop over time and I can't wait to watch that happen. I just don't want to watch him try to overextend himself and get frustrated when he can't make plays that other players would only dream about.

Narrative?  He's a frustrated kid and it shows.

He's gotten plenty of face time this year. I keep seeing the same face. I will admit to perhaps having a blind spot here, in that I want this kid to be the second coming and lead us you know where, and I'm trying to be patient for once. I also haven't noticed the stopping and the groaning (and the wanting to rest, wanting to sit down).

He's gotten plenty of face time this year. I keep seeing the same face. I will admit to perhaps having a blind spot here, in that I want this kid to be the second coming and lead us you know where, and I'm trying to be patient for once. I also haven't noticed the stopping and the groaning (and the wanting to rest, wanting to sit down).

It's less in the face a more in body language. If you go back and watch the Detroit game, you can see the frustration in the way he lifts his stick and skates back. It's anger at himself, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I just want him to be able to forget a move on instantly. My patience is there too, this kid is going to be great and I'm glad we have him.

JACK EICHEL WILL BE FINE

The only thing that will get rid of VanekFace 2.0 will be success. 

Too bad the Amerks have the same long break the Sabres have at Christmas.  A game or two at the AHL level might be beneficial.  Let him play with Rodrigues back on his wing and light the lamp a few times.  Maybe they should send him down briefly anyway.

JACK EICHEL WILL BE FINE

The only thing that will get rid of VanekFace 2.0 will be success. 

Too bad the Amerks have the same long break the Sabres have at Christmas.  A game or two at the AHL level might be beneficial.  Let him play with Rodrigues back on his wing and light the lamp a few times.  Maybe they should send him down briefly anyway.

Heretic!!

Burn the WITCH!

But really, it is a good idea.

Boy this GDT business is a thankless job.

We all love WildCard's (and your) GDTs. You're right that I am kind of letting my love for the GDTs become normalized.  They have so much more character than 26's inhuman wall of links. From the elongated "your" to the colorful descriptions of this flock o' fowl, the write up has a great feel to it.  I almost recorded myself reading it.  Now I have to.

Ducks lines:

Rickard Rakell     Ryan Getzlaf        Corey Perry  

Mike Santorelli     Ryan Kesler        Jakob Silfverberg  

Carl Hagelin        Shawn Horcoff     Andrew Cogliano  

Patrick Maroon    Nate Thompson  Chris Stewart

Cam Fowler                           Kevin Bieksa 

Hampus Lindholm                 Josh Manson 

Sami Vatanen                       Clayton Stoner

Edited by qwksndmonster

We all love WildCard's (and your) GDTs. You're right that I am kind of letting my love for the GDTs become normalized.  They have so much more character than 26's inhuman wall of links. From the elongated "your" to the colorful descriptions of this flock o' fowl, the write up has a great feel to it.  I almost recorded myself reading it.  Now I have to.

Ducks lines:

Dylan Larkin - Henrik Zetterberg - Justin Abdelkader

Darren Helm - Pavel Datsyuk - Brad Richards

Gustav Nyquist - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Tatar

Tomas Jurco - Luke Glendening - Joakim Andersson

Niklas Kronwall - Mike Green

Danny DeKeyser - Jonathan Ericsson

Brendan Smith - Alexey Marchenko

Petr Mrazek

Jimmy Howard

The Ducks would be much higher in the standings if they used those lines.

We used to deliver pA's chiseled on a slab of stone.

Whoa!  We're in the presence of God!

We all love WildCard's (and your) GDTs. You're right that I am kind of letting my love for the GDTs become normalized. They have so much more character than 26's inhuman wall of links. From the elongated "your" to the colorful descriptions of this flock o' fowl, the write up has a great feel to it. I almost recorded myself reading it. Now I have to.

Ducks lines:

That was one helluva trade!

Boy this GDT business is a thankless job.

Hey, put the TV networks in too, so I don't have to do anything myself. :)

When I had 297posts the game day threads were in Olde English.

Thine Buffaloe Sabrese deem to meete the Duckes of Annahime, Mighte as they once wer'e in...

Ducks lines:

Rickard Rakell     Ryan Getzlaf        Corey Perry  

Mike Santorelli     Ryan Kesler        Jakob Silfverberg  

Carl Hagelin        Shawn Horcoff     Andrew Cogliano  

Patrick Maroon    Nate Thompson  Chris Stewart

Cam Fowler                           Kevin Bieksa 

Hampus Lindholm                 Josh Manson 

Sami Vatanen                       Clayton Stoner

If you're going to do all that, shouldn't you include the goalies?

/Don'tHitMeDaddy!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.