GDT: St.Louis @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/23/2015

WildCard

During the broadcast Rob mentioned that 68% of the goals Allen had given up this season were up high, and that's why the Sabres were going upstairs on him. Is that the kind of garbage that the Sabres' analytics people are feeding the team? Paralysis by analysis anyone? Shoot by numbers?

I missed the entire game, could anyone give me a quick rundown?

Just got back to Syracuse. First period there were a few chances, a couple of shots off the post. Ennis got slammed into the boards and Foligno addressed the situation with his fists. Second period both goalies made some good saves. Legwand got his first goal after Nick D was flying around on his shift and got the puck near the goal. Third period the Sabres again had some near misses and whiffed on a couple of open nets, and the Blues eventually got a couple goals. Sabres had 6 on 4 in last minute and had a couple close chances but ran out of time.

Eichel is amazing with how he can skate out of tight checking and get a shot from the slot. Risto and Bogo were tough on D. Nick D fllies around every shift. The Ennis line often had trouble getting the puck away from the Blues in the Sabres zone. Gionta gives the puck up too much and shouldn't get the ice time he does, especially on the PP. Kane shouldn't be with Eichel, he wants to carry and shoot the puck too much instead of working with his linemates.

Edited by pastajoe

Sabres controlled play for most of the game, hit three posts(ROR, Larsson), shot the puck wide a few times.

Basically the last four games on repeat

Bogo made a bad decision on the first Blues Goal. The second one was a little flukey.

The usual whipping boys actually looked ok tonight.

Legwand scored on a bad angle shot.

Shut out for the 3rd time in a row tonight

That's what I'm worried about

Nashville had 75 shot attempts this game, and look at the individual corsi numbers. We could see a couple of ugly games. Talked to a Rangers fan, he said it was the ugliest Rangers' win he's seen in years.

http://hockeystats.ca/game/2015020309

Just got back to Syracuse. First period there were a few chances, a couple of shots off the post. Ennis got slammed into the boards and Foligno addressed the situation with his fists. Second period both goalies made some good saves. Legwand got his first goal after Nick D was flying around on his shift and got the puck near the goal. Third period the Sabres again had some near misses and whiffed on a couple of open nets, and the Blues eventually got a couple goals. Sabres had 6 on 4 in last minute and had a couple close chances but ran out of time.

Eichel is amazing with how he can skate out of tight checking and get a shot from the slot. Risto and Bogo were tough on D. Nick D fllies around every shift. The Ennis line often had trouble getting the puck away from the Blues in the Sabres zone. Gionta gives the puck up too much and shouldn't get the ice time he does, especially on the PP. Kane shouldn't be with Eichel, he wants to carry and shoot the puck too much instead of working with his linemates.

Sabres controlled play for most of the game, hit three posts(ROR, Larsson), shot the puck wide a few times.

Basically the last four games on repeat

Bogo made a bad decision on the first Blues Goal. The second one was a little flukey.

The usual whipping boys actually looked ok tonight.

Legwand scored on a bad angle shot.

Thanks guys.

Sounds like the same old same old. Buffalo outplays the opponent and fails to cash in. One Buffalo was supposed to be about sharing success, not our faults

Two tight games against St. Louis and out played by Dallas.  Now on comes Smashville for two of the next three.  This time last year we would have been losing by 7-2, 6-3 etc.  But, it would have been nice to get one of the two against Allen and company.  The pace needs to pick it back up for sure. 

I THOUGHT I wasn't going to hafta wake up and help gramma, but I've been wrong before.

That game was rough. Our team can't buy a bucket. The Blues are lucky to have any points against us at all in our 2 meetings. 4 points, though? I hate those lucky .

Ennis is still not on the same page as anyone else, and still has no confidence.

Eichel is still tentative. It seemed like most of the time he was watching Kane and Reinhart play together in the offensive zone. He did finally use his wheels to create some nice chances in the 3rd, so that was good to see.

Kane's play is benefitting from the all around better team chemistry that we have compared to before his injury. He's using his teammates decently well. I just can't wait to see O'Reilly between Samson and Evander.

Gionta played a nice game. Beast.

Moulson needs to start proving that he is indeed a finisher. There's been 3 or 4 chances recently that have all missed that make me wonder if Matty doesn't have it anymore.

Last game I said that Bogo and Kane hadn't established their presences yet. They were present last night.

Two tight games against St. Louis and out played by Dallas.  Now on comes Smashville for two of the next three.  This time last year we would have been losing by 7-2, 6-3 etc.  But, it would have been nice to get one of the two against Allen and company.  The pace needs to pick it back up for sure. 

I think all of this adversity early on is going to be good in the long run. I appreciate the tough schedule and what it might mean for a developing team. 

Eichel is still tentative. It seemed like most of the time he was watching Kane and Reinhart play together in the offensive zone. He did finally use his wheels to create some nice chances in the 3rd, so that was good to see.

Kane's play is benefitting from the all around better team chemistry that we have compared to before his injury. He's using his teammates decently well. I just can't wait to see O'Reilly between Samson and Evander.

Eichel needs to engage more in the offensive zone. He gets the puck in then seems unsure of himself after he takes that first shot.  The good news is his skills are obvious.

Reinhart has steadily improved and I hope that trend continues. Something tells me we will need him.

Kane - ROR - Reinhart makes my mouth water.  That line has all the hallmarks of production.

I think all of this adversity early on is going to be good in the long run. I appreciate the tough schedule and what it might mean for a developing team. 

The adversity will tell us two things.  1) how good we currently are and 2) if we have a team or another failed core of whiners.  Considering ROR's post game comments, I think we are becoming a team. 

I THOUGHT I wasn't going to hafta wake up and help gramma, but I've been wrong before.

That game was rough. Our team can't buy a bucket. The Blues are lucky to have any points against us at all in our 2 meetings. 4 points, though? I hate those lucky ######.

Ennis is still not on the same page as anyone else, and still has no confidence.

Gionta played a nice game. Beast.

Moulson needs to start proving that he is indeed a finisher. There's been 3 or 4 chances recently that have all missed that make me wonder if Matty doesn't have it anymore.

Last game I said that Bogo and Kane hadn't established their presences yet. They were present last night.

Please let this happen soon.

That game was rough. Our team can't buy a bucket. The Blues are lucky to have any points against us at all in our 2 meetings. 4 points, though? I hate those lucky ######.

Eichel is still tentative.  He did finally use his wheels to create some nice chances in the 3rd, so that was good to see.

Kane's play is benefiting from the all around better team chemistry that we have compared to before his injury. He's using his teammates decently well. I just can't wait to see O'Reilly between Samson and Evander.

Gionta played a nice game.

Agree totally with your takes here, In fact I was thinking about the bolded portion and couldn't agree more. Kane-ROR-Samson line does seem pretty sweet and Samson is just improving exponentially lately. I am really impressed with this kid.

This is still a young developing team, the early adversity is either going to make them stronger or blow them up. I think JackE is just trying to figure out when to just take over and when to be a good teammate. His skills though are too obvious to dismiss although his line with Kane and Samson did well yesterday, I wonder if there is just too many expectations on him to make everybody happy.

Agree totally with your takes here, In fact I was thinking about the bolded portion and couldn't agree more. Kane-ROR-Samson line does seem pretty sweet and Samson is just improving exponentially lately. I am really impressed with this kid.

This is still a young developing team, the early adversity is either going to make them stronger or blow them up. I think JackE is just trying to figure out when to just take over and when to be a good teammate. His skills though are too obvious to dismiss although his line with Kane and Samson did well yesterday, I wonder if there is just too many expectations on him to make everybody happy.

I agree. I think Eichel's play at this level is going to ebb and flow for a little bit. I'm not worried. 

Nashville had 75 shot attempts this game, and look at the individual corsi numbers. We could see a couple of ugly games. Talked to a Rangers fan, he said it was the ugliest Rangers' win he's seen in years.

http://hockeystats.ca/game/2015020309

To me, this is everything that is wrong with the game today (i.e. teams with massive shot totals not scoring).  All that matters is strong goaltending and goals are more often than not scored off of lucky bounces.  Last night's Sabres game was just that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.