GDT: St.Louis @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/23/2015

WildCard

Haha ! :D 

Much appreciated, but im just trying to cheer this forum up a lil'bit. 

I know how it is, hard to be excited with season after season going to shait.. trust me, i know. 

I've said it before, i really believe this team can make it to playoffs, which would be an huge effort.

Sabre cap and jersey is already ordered! 3 days ago :D, ill post a picture when it arrives!

Take the picture in front of something very Swedish, if you can!

They put Gionta on PP instead of Reinhart. Dumb.

I was thinking that for the 6 on 4 at the end. A few games back they were praising Reinhart on how well he tracks the play while in front of the net, I can't figure the logic of not putting him there in that situation.

The upthread comment about the iPad reminded me:  I have sling.  And the game is on ESPN!  So now I have the Sabs on  the "big screen" (that's a laptop) and the Bills on the iPad.

The Bills are getting screwed already, of course.

Just as a note in case this happens again, Verizon phones (and I assume tablets) get NFL Mobile for free. That only covers games that are on locally to your area, though (I think, I should really check that). It worked reasonably well to have the Bills on my phone, but I wasn't really watching the game so much as listening and getting other things done in the meantime.

Not that it mattered tonight, but Pang was saying the Blues forwards have special plates they put on their skates to avoid injury from blocking shots. Essentially they have the protection of goalie skates. That shouldn't be legal. You get in the way you have to pay a price.

McKee used to have plastic shields over the laces on his skates, I'm not sure there's a rule to be made there unless there are rules about the dimensions of a skate.

To me, this is everything that is wrong with the game today (i.e. teams with massive shot totals not scoring).  All that matters is strong goaltending and goals are more often than not scored off of lucky bounces.  Last night's Sabres game was just that.

This is exactly what is grinding my gears the most. It sometimes feels like random chance, because of how the game is today, matters more than the actual play on the ice: we played just as good as St. Louis did and seemed to generate more quality chances, and it just didn't matter. The Blues got a lucky bounce and that was the difference in the game.

Frustrating.

To me, this is everything that is wrong with the game today (i.e. teams with massive shot totals not scoring).  All that matters is strong goaltending and goals are more often than not scored off of lucky bounces.  Last night's Sabres game was just that.

I hear ya. Games shouldn't be decided so regularly on lucky bounces.

This is exactly what is grinding my gears the most. It sometimes feels like random chance, because of how the game is today, matters more than the actual play on the ice: we played just as good as St. Louis did and seemed to generate more quality chances, and it just didn't matter. The Blues got a lucky bounce and that was the difference in the game.

Frustrating.

Ideally - and this is for any sport - it should be apparent to the viewer who won the game even if the score is not displayed. For example you watch a basketball/soccer/baseball game at the amateur level and it's usually pretty obvious which team is playing better. 9 times out of 10 when you ask the score that team is winning.

Watching the Sabres v Blues game without looking at the score the Sabres should have been winning handily. They lost. Grrr. :angry:

Ideally - and this is for any sport - it should be apparent to the viewer who won the game even if the score is not displayed. For example you watch a basketball/soccer/baseball game at the amateur level and it's usually pretty obvious which team is playing better. 9 times out of 10 when you ask the score that team is winning.

Watching the Sabres v Blues game without looking at the score the Sabres should have been winning handily. They lost. Grrr. :angry:

And I think this is exactly why the analytics crowd is at this very moment working on a better way of determining who wins a game. Surely there is something better than the counting of goals, which is too arbitrary and reliant on chance/luck. #geekpower

(I'm only half kidding.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.