GDT: Buffalo @ Florida, 7:30 est, 11/12/2015

WildCard

The Buffalo Sabres continue their road trip tonight in Sunrise, Florida as they take on division rivals the Florida Panthers in a key Thursday night showdown. The Sabres, 5-2 in their past 7 games, look to continue the hot streak and vault into the playoff picture, as a win tonight could see them in 4th in the Atlantic Division (even typing that idiotic name pisses me off). Coming off a huge win in Tampa Tuesday night, which saw Eichel collect his first road goal, assist, and points; Franson his first goal as a Sabre; Foligno his first goal of the season; Chad Johnson's streak of making at least one miraculous save extended, and the Sabres first win against the Lightning, the Sabres will look to continue take advantage of a Barkov-less Panthers team that has been struggling lately. Florida is 1 point ahead of the Sabres.

As mentioned, Florida is in some rough shape, It's been 3 weeks without their top center, the young Alexander Barkov, and boy do they miss him. Florida (3-4-3 in their last 10), is coming off a 4-3 win vs the Flames, have scored less than 2 goals in 5/6 games, has given up 20 goals in those last 6 games as well, and had lost 5 straight prior to beating the Flames. 

The Sabres lost in Florida in the only match-up this season thus far, falling 3-2 on goals from McCabe and Ennis.

Look for Luongo to start, I will post the Sabres starting goalie once I know in the a.m. Barkov is expected to resume skating today after suffering a broken hand, but is day-to-day. Mike Weber is out, and back in Buffalo with an LBI.

Game Preview

Stats:

Game 1: 3-2 Loss

Team Comparison Chart

All Team Rankings

Wednesday's Practice Report

For Bylsma, the biggest difference between the first eight games and the last seven has been the team’s attitude.

“We’re starting to develop a belief that we can win and how we’re going to win,” he said. “Early in the season, we played well. We did some good things. But we might not have had the belief that we could win hockey games.”

The lines below are from the previous game, no line combinations were released Wednesday, I will update these as well in the a.m.

Forwards: 

26 Matt Moulson – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 12 Brian Gionta

88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 63 Tyler Ennis

22 Johan Larsson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 23 Sam Reinhart

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

25 Carlo Colaiacovo– 3 Mark Pysyk

6 - Mike Weber

35 Linus Ullmark

31 Chad Johnson

jake_mccabe_buffalo_101515.jpg

Edited by WildCard

As mentioned, Florida is in some rough shape, It's been 3 weeks without their top center, the young Alexander Barkov, and boy do they miss him. Florida (3-4-3 in their last 10), is coming off a 4-3 win vs the Flames, have scored less than 2 goals in 5/6 games, has given up 20 goals in those last 6 games as well, and had lost 5 straight prior to beating the Flames. 

I'm conditioned to read this and think "well, against the Sabres it seems like a perfect time for a team to snap out of their funk and open up the floodgates." Nowadays, not so much. I grow weary of these measly 2 point games from Eichel, lemme see 3 points.

As miraculous as some of his saves has been, Ocho Cinco probably won't be able to sustain that kind of play and I'd prefer to see Ullmark start.

Nice post! 

Wish i could stay up late tonight and watch the game but cant. 

Hoping to see Ullmark in goal, but it will probably be chad since he got a win last time.

I think sabers win big tonight!! <3

Thanks Wildcard. GO SABRES !

Let's do this.

Thanks for another awesome GDT, WildCard.  These are kickass.  Much more succinct and stylistic than 26's wall of links.

No problem guys, I'm just glad you enjoy them.  :beer:

By the way, +1 on the pictures of hunting Panthers  :lol:

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.