Linus Ullmark: the Swede that we need

LGR4GM

What are considered good point totals for a player like Olofsson in MODO?

What he is doing now is actually really good. If he gets anywhere above .75ppg average then he's excelling. MODO could speak better to the scoring habits of the SHL but I believe few players score at a PPG pace. 

What are considered good point totals for a player like Olofsson in MODO?

Well it all depends, Victor is playing 3rd line, and he plays the powerplay.

Its hard to say, since all good young players gets taken by the NHL from us  :flirt: 

But, never the less, Victor has done 10 points (3 goals, 7 assists) in 15 games, in a team that has taken

10 points in 15 games, MODO is doing really bad this season, headcoach together with his 2 assistant coaches got fired

the other week, and new coaches are hired. Our team is having an real hard time as we speak, and its very annoying since we have an nice team on paper, its just not working on the ice. 

So, with that information, Victor is doing well, to be honest. 

In an more normal situation,  as an answer to your question, 30 points or more on a season is good, for playing in 3rd line.

And Victor will reach 30 points no doubt. 

SHL is 52 games per season.

Edited by MODO Hockey

lol yes he is a Sabres prospect. If he is coming it will be next season. 

5'10" 180lbs is the current book on Victor but Tyler Johnson is 5'9", Tyler Ennis is 5'9" etc... so I think if he really has the wheels he has a good chance. I have been noticing a trend recently where smaller guys with tons of skating skills can succeed in todays NHL. Considering how much size we could surround him with, we shouldn't be concerned.  Kane - Eichel - Olofsson would have so much speed.

I don't disagree, but the Sabres already have Ennis and Gionta (for at least another year), if they end up playing another small-ish player, that's may be one too many.

Well it all depends, Victor is playing 3rd line, and he plays the powerplay.

Its hard to say, since all good young players gets taken by the NHL from us  :flirt: 

But, never the less, Victor has done 10 points (3 goals, 7 assists) in 15 games, in a team that has taken

10 points in 15 games, MODO is doing really bad this season, headcoach together with his 2 assistant coaches got fired

the other week, and new coaches are hired. Our team is having an real hard time as we speak, and its very annoying since we have an nice team on paper, its just not working on the ice. 

So, with that information, Victor is doing well, to be honest. 

In an more normal situation,  as an answer to your question, 30 points or more on a season is good, for playing in 3rd line.

And Victor will reach 30 points no doubt. 

SHL is 52 games per season.

Good explanation, much appreciated!  :beer:

Interesting that MODO fired so much of their staff so early, and that they're that bad. If they are that bad, why is he down on the 3rd line? It's not as if he's new to the league

Good explanation, much appreciated!  :beer:

Interesting that MODO fired so much of their staff so early, and that they're that bad. If they are that bad, why is he down on the 3rd line? It's not as if he's new to the league

It's not that he is bad, but MODO Hockey has very expensive offensive players.

Bobby Butler (RW) USA

Patrick Dwyer (W/C) USA

Maxim Lapierre (C/RW) Canada

Byron Ritchie ©  C.png   Canada

Per-Åge Skrøder 40.png Norway

Bill Thomas (W/C)  USA

Kyle Wilson © 30 Canada

Noah Welch (D) USA

Joel Kwiatkowski (D)  Canada

Shaun Heshka (D)  Canada

These guys have huge salarys, like 300.000 to 500.000 USD each, and that is an high salary budget for an SHL team

with an Arena cap on 7800 ppl and a town with around 25.000 ppl. If you see my point. 

These guys do produce for sure, but our defence is shait, the system our canadian coach were trying (Larry huras) did just not work in SHL,

and our 2 goalies is pretty much a sad story, unfortunately. 

Now we have new coaches with more understanding of SHL.

So, Victor is playing 3rd line, MODO Hockey doesnt need him in 1st line, eventhough they mix the lines up under the game, and he plays powerplay and shootouts.

He would play the 1st line if MODO Hockey needed him to, but thats not the case here. 

Victor olofsson will play with Gustav Possler (RW) and Emil Pettersson ©, kind of an "youth line".

Hope that gives you the anwer you were looking for.

Cheers :)

I love this guy's name.

Does the league set a limit on imported players like the KHL does?

Per-Åge Skroder is one of Norways legends, i wish you could've seen him together with mats zucarello aasen and niklas sundstrom, that line was beautiful. 

52 games, 150 points.

He has been with MODO Hockey for the last 10 seasons, 550 games +, 380 points. Powerforward, good goalscorer.

SHL did, until last season, it was maximum 3 players outside EU, now the limit has been taken away.  :worthy: 

I don't disagree, but the Sabres already have Ennis and Gionta (for at least another year), if they end up playing another small-ish player, that's may be one too many.

Gionta will be gone by the time Olofsson becomes a Sabre. Victor will need to learn the NA game in the AHL first.  He's 20 now and could not see NHL ice for 2-3 years.  He'd have to prove a lot to make it but he does have a lot of talent.

Man, i really enjoy watching this team play. This was an wonderful win vs Florida and an nice headsave by Ullmark in the end.

Awesome, just hope his hips gets stronger, you can still see he has some small issues getting up and down fast enough. It will show soon enough though, getting that hipstrength back.

I only saw last 9 mins of 3rd, woke up, looked at the phone, Sabres lead 2-1, flew up and downstairs to put the game on.

How was Ullmark in 1st and 2nd period? solid? looking at the shots, when i put the game on, 17-27, he must have been pretty stable?

Im really happy for you Sabre fans, or maybe i should say us since i cant stop watching this team :flirt: very nice win! 

Edited by MODO Hockey

Man, i really enjoy watching this team play. This was an wonderful win vs Florida and an nice headsave by Ullmark in the end.

Awesome, just hope his hips gets stronger, you can still see he has some small issues getting up and down fast enough. It will show soon enough though, getting that hipstrength back.

I only saw last 9 mins of 3rd, woke up, looked at the phone, Sabres lead 2-1, flew up and downstairs to put the game on.

How was Ullmark in 1st and 2nd period? solid? looking at the shots, when i put the game on, 17-27, he must have been pretty stable?

Im really happy for you Sabre fans, or maybe i should say us since i cant stop watching this team :flirt: very nice win! 

He was positionally sound.  Reacting quicker.  Bright future.

Each game he has fewer 'I can't move across the crease after I've been low' moments.

Really impressed w/ how he's gotten stronger each game. Really looking forward to watching him progress.

I got completely hooked when seeing some of the classic RJ goal calls and saves.

Deconstructing his sentence, Wild said Ullmark cannot stay upright or manage to get back upright for a very long time in a sequence.  He led into that pronouncement by saying there is a possibility that the hip caused it. 

I'm saying that because we know of his surgery, we're looking for him to have mobility problems and when we see him go down and flop we use it confirm that the hip issue is still giving him problems, thus "confirmation bias." 

I'll grant you that he looks awkward when he's down, but does he really go down more often and stay down longer than, say, a typical goalie?  Maybe or maybe not, but because we're looking for possible mobility issues we're finding them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.