Linus Ullmark: the Swede that we need

LGR4GM

Who ever gets the job done, but for me its easier to like Ullmark than Lehner at this point, not because we gave up a 1st rounder for Lehner.

But I like Ullmarks attitude more than Lehners.

Hey, we gave up a sixth round pick for Ullmark. :)

FWIW, let's not forget Legwand came over in that trade too. I'm not sure that makes up the value, but bringing in a decent veteran forward isn't the worst thing in the world.

Hey, we gave up a sixth round pick for Ullmark. :)

FWIW, let's not forget Legwand came over in that trade too. I'm not sure that makes up the value, but bringing in a decent veteran forward isn't the worst thing in the world.

Legwands play has been ok for the most part.   But its still Lehners spot to lose, he'll get his shot the rest of the year.

So how would I pronounce Linus' name if I wanted to sound Swedish. I think we have the LEEnus part down. What about Ullmark?

Good question, hmm..its like the actuall chineese 'Li', but i guess Lee works fine to, nus though is the hard part :P there is no actuall english word that has the correct pronounce for nus. Same for Ullmark with the 'U'.

When you pronouce it in english it sounds for us like ur using the O instead of U. Ill record it and post it for ya :D

Good question, hmm..its like the actuall chineese 'Li', but i guess Lee works fine to, nus though is the hard part :P there is no actuall english word that has the correct pronounce for nus. Same for Ullmark with the 'U'.

When you pronouce it in english it sounds for us like ur using the O instead of U. Ill record it and post it for ya :D

Shouldn't be much of an issue for me, when on vacation and I hear Danish/Swedish, I can understand a lot.

So, should it be Leenooss Oolmark?  (something like a long u sound?)

I think he means that is the way its pronounced in English.   The U sound is different over here.

Shouldn't be much of an issue for me, when on vacation and I hear Danish/Swedish, I can understand a lot.

I think he means that is the way its pronounced in English.   The U sound is different over here.

Right.  I'm trying to understand what an English phonetic spelling of the Swedish pronunciation would look like to try to figure out the right way to say it. 

I happened to look at the NHL rookies page and as of right now, Linus is 1st among rookie goaltenders in save percentage at .911 and second in goals against at 2.64 (behind Mike Condon.  Pretty impressive.  His biggest problem right now is lack of goal support.

Right. I'm trying to understand what an English phonetic spelling of the Swedish pronunciation would look like to try to figure out the right way to say it.

I happened to look at the NHL rookies page and as of right now, Linus is 1st among rookie goaltenders in save percentage at .911 and second in goals against at 2.64 (behind Mike Condon. Pretty impressive. His biggest problem right now is lack of goal support.

Yea thats great news!

He doesnt know all players yet either (nmy teams), when he does i'm confident he will be the reason between a loss and a win when team is not sticking to gameplan.

I just took an sauna after work, been working night all weekend and im off now for monday and tuesday, shait that there is no more game until the 28th! :(

Edited by MODO Hockey

Yea thats great news!

He doesnt know all players yet either (nmy teams), when he does i'm confident he will be the reason between a loss and a win when team is not sticking to gameplan.

I just took an sauna after work, been working night all weekend and im off now for monday and tuesday, shait that there is no more game until the 28th! :(

Oooh nice, what kind of work do you do ?  Was wondering why you were posting here at night.    I do around 12 nights a month myself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.