Linus Ullmark: the Swede that we need

LGR4GM

MODO in order to avoid any more confusion with banned posters, it would be good if you met American pre-conceived (chewing gum commercial versions, double mint anyone?) of what Swedish people should look like. You know, blonde hair and blue eyes with 2 bikini clad blonde haired and blue eyed super models hanging on each arm. How dare you bust our TV ingrained stereo types.

On a serious note.

Met up with my Swedish expatriate brother in law this past week. Told him he needed to sign on to Sabre Space as we have a passionate Swedish following (I may have slightly embellished on the size of the following). He grew up in a slightly larger town an hour and half south west ( no frikkin way I'm coming close to getting the name right) of you. He's words where "Much like the Sabres, a small city with a more than passionate hockey following". I laughed and said "so their crazy too?" He laughed  a very hardy laugh and we drank.

Oh yah, the only Swedish I can remember (well besides skol) is brest vorta (hooked on phonics anyone?). I wanted to learn something to impress the Swedish ladies. :ph34r:

Mrs. Racer and my Sister are not impressed with us.

MODO in order to avoid any more confusion with banned posters, it would be good if you met American pre-conceived (chewing gum commercial versions, double mint anyone?) of what Swedish people should look like. You know, blonde hair and blue eyes with 2 bikini clad blonde haired and blue eyed super models hanging on each arm. How dare you bust our TV ingrained stereo types.

On a serious note.

Met up with my Swedish expatriate brother in law this past week. Told him he needed to sign on to Sabre Space as we have a passionate Swedish following (I may have slightly embellished on the size of the following). He grew up in a slightly larger town an hour and half south west ( no frikkin way I'm coming close to getting the name right) of you. He's words where "Much like the Sabres, a small city with a more than passionate hockey following". I laughed and said "so their crazy too?" He laughed  a very hardy laugh and we drank.

Oh yah, the only Swedish I can remember (well besides skol) is brest vorta (hooked on phonics anyone?). I wanted to learn something to impress the Swedish ladies. :ph34r:

Mrs. Racer and my Sister are not impressed with us.

Hahaha  :lol: .. well, no worries, i'll get you that picture, but since the cold has arrived, and the snow not far behind, its

gonna be a tough assignment to achive atm, but ill do my best.

Yea i guess some of us are as passionate over hockey as you Sabre fans are, and i must say its pretty damn neat

to find you guys here, this team, to care for and with.  :worthy: 

I'd say the pronounce of Skål (Cheers, for others in the thread reading) in english would be something like scoul, ill let the actuall nipple word go hehe.

Much appreciated!

So does Ullmark get the start tomorrow or has the big johnson earned a 2nd straight start?

Ullmark. If Johnson won maybe him.

I would be good with two games for Linus and one for Johnson as a rotation.

Anyway,

I am not "Yuri", i try to be as honest as i can with my posts, not cynical. 

Just so you know, the comment about becoming cynical had absolutely nothing to do with you.  Buffalo fans are a very rare breed.  We've all put up with a lifetime of heartbreaking loses and most tend to expect even more.  You'll see it if you are able to stick around long-term.

Just so you know, the comment about becoming cynical had absolutely nothing to do with you.  Buffalo fans are a very rare breed.  We've all put up with a lifetime of heartbreaking loses and most tend to expect even more.  You'll see it if you are able to stick around long-term.

Heh,

I know how it feels, trust me. 7 seasons in a row MODO Hockey has been in the bottom ... zzzZZZZzzzzz.. 

I've said it before, and i dont mind repeating it, Ullmark will give the confidence Sabres offensive need in their backpack moving forward to playoffs.

I just wish we could have kept him this season with the offensive we got, instead we have the leagues worst goalies :( .. 18 games, 45 goals made, 71 in our butt  :cry: 

I still believe, that sabres will reach playoff, i really start enjoying to cheer for this team, maybe

its because there are some similarities to MODO Hockey. 

Its easy to say "Well, this season is going to shait..", since all the other seasons, but trust me, 

i actually believe you guys have something going with this team this season, you have the coach for it to.

The team needs some adjustments in powerplay, that is certain. 

Ullmark is still one keypoint for reaching playoffs. He did ok this night but his enemy did better. 

Ullmark is so good on penaltyshots, Alex steen got superlucky, and i agree with many that it was on an rebound, but not the referee. 

Guess Johnsson is in the net on saturday.

Edited by MODO Hockey

I've always had some hope for Ullmark, really he was the only one of our goalie prospects I actually thought had a chance.

I did not expect him to be in the picture this early.

Really he's provided what I had hoped we'd get from Lehner - size and a fill-the-net presence coupled with the odd strange looking goal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.