Let's talk about Yeichel

Stads

The Eicharamba is awesome. I'm hoping we develop an "I like Eich" chant at the F'NC

By the way, was it Duff who called the game last night? That guy is ###### terrible. He does an amazing job of not telling you where the pick is on the ice. 

Well I for one have never, ever been concerned where the pick was on the ice.

The Eicharamba is awesome. I'm hoping we develop an "I like Eich" chant at the F'NC

By the way, was it Duff who called the game last night? That guy is ###### terrible. He does an amazing job of not telling you where the pick is on the ice. 

I tried to be nice to Duff in another thread by saying how tough play by play is while also pointing out that I liked the way his voice sounded on the goals. He's not a play by play guy and for whatever reason was thrust into the duty, apparently unexpectedly. Very tough duty.

I loved seeing a goal without a "Yeichel" in tow. How did the radio call sound?

I agree.

It sounds aweful....hard to listen to (bordering on embarassing to hear...for me at least)

Then again, I have always been a bit 'boring' when it comes to game calls. For me, just call the game...its OK to get excited when your team scores and raise your voice, but I don't like all the cut nicknames and catch-phrases and overly dramatic play-by-play.

The Guys from Pittsburgh and Boston drive me crazy.  Rick is pretty good, but I think this Yeichel thing is a bit too much for me.

His name is Eichel, leave it at that.

Edited by mjd1001

Rick should read this thread and see how unpopular Yeichel is. I hope he's still in touch with the common man and realizes it's a bad call and abandon it.

I don't think he cares. The common thought on here is that he messed up the call on Jack's first goal. He stuck with it and even delivered it with tons of pizzazz on the last call.

If this doesn't warrant its own topic or is being discussed elsewhere, please feel free to delete. After hearing it again tonight, I get the sense "Yeichel" is here to stay. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it just does. As I stated in the GDT, I love RJ as much as anyone else. Yeichel just makes absolutely no sense to me and sounds weirder and weirder every time. There have been so many other nicknames proposed on here involving "Jack" that would be so much more appropriate. If I'm fortunate enough to hear Yeichel 30-40 times this year, I'll probably be so happy that I won't really care. For now, it's just not my bag.

I love it. Never noticed RJ saying it that way until this past week.

Edited by DirtDart

He should yodel the next one. Yiiii iiiii ii iiI IIIIIII chelllll eeee llll eeeee llllll!!!!!

If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickeled peppers, how many Yiechels could the Yokels hear Rick yodel?

This is only a courtesy post. It seems i have been banned so many times that I broke the system.

I will link a gofundme page and am hereby charging 25 cents a post.

If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickeled peppers, how many Yiechels could the Yokels hear Rick yodel?

This is only a courtesy post. It seems i have been banned so many times that I broke the system.

I will link a gofundme page and am hereby charging 25 cents a post.

Welcome back! I want your Disco Dan views. I'm in at 25 cents. Edited by N'eo

He could've at least had the courtesy to admit how great Eichel is while he was here.

This is the mindset that has prevented me from posting. Reading the board has been like watching the girl scouts smuggling the latest issue of Teen Magazine with Menudo on the cover into their tent.

Freeman contacted me to apologize for me not being able to post but it wasn't his fault. The system makes you accept fine print when you are banned. I hadn't done it yet this go around. I really don't have anything to say.

I believe i was called a troll for coming to the conclusion Murray was shopping the pick. Months later when media reports say the pick was out there, oh well.

I believe i was called a troll for stating i would trade the pick and Ristolainen to Arizona for #3, Domi, and Hanzal.

Since everyone is busy getting icky with their new periodical, i will forgive them for not following the Coyotes since they are of no use to the true fans this year in Buffalo who were rooting for them last year to beat their own team.

Eichel is fun to watch for the most part. However nobody points out the 70 foot tape to tape pass Weber gave him to score a goal as they crucify the only guy who gave a sh!t on this team the past 7 years.

Nobody points out that like a hotshot, he takes his shootout attempt on the backhand the entire way, ensuring the goalie has him locked down.

Nobody points out the times he is late on transition because he is in the middle of a combination of a WTF Wave, a Vanek Face, and a Hodgson backcheck after he misses a shot.

And nobody points out he goes into the corners for a scrum like a broad goes into the corner of the bathroom to kill a spider. If his stick was a Kleenex, i could just hear the, "Eww...eww...eww..." as he blindly jabs at the puck from a distance.

I love Eichel for the talent he brings to the city and he should eventually outgrow his faults. That doesn't stop me from wondering how adult men can drop to their knees in "worship", however.

I've got my coach, GM, and a lot of players. I'm just sitting back and letting it come to me.

In the meantime, y'all be good.

This is the mindset that has prevented me from posting. Reading the board has been like watching the girl scouts smuggling the latest issue of Teen Magazine with Menudo on the cover into their tent.

Freeman contacted me to apologize for me not being able to post but it wasn't his fault. The system makes you accept fine print when you are banned. I hadn't done it yet this go around. I really don't have anything to say.

I believe i was called a troll for coming to the conclusion Murray was shopping the pick. Months later when media reports say the pick was out there, oh well.

I believe i was called a troll for stating i would trade the pick and Ristolainen to Arizona for #3, Domi, and Hanzal.

Since everyone is busy getting icky with their new periodical, i will forgive them for not following the Coyotes since they are of no use to the true fans this year in Buffalo who were rooting for them last year to beat their own team.

Eichel is fun to watch for the most part. However nobody points out the 70 foot tape to tape pass Weber gave him to score a goal as they crucify the only guy who gave a sh!t on this team the past 7 years.

Nobody points out that like a hotshot, he takes his shootout attempt on the backhand the entire way, ensuring the goalie has him locked down.

Nobody points out the times he is late on transition because he is in the middle of a combination of a WTF Wave, a Vanek Face, and a Hodgson backcheck after he misses a shot.

And nobody points out he goes into the corners for a scrum like a broad goes into the corner of the bathroom to kill a spider. If his stick was a Kleenex, i could just hear the, "Eww...eww...eww..." as he blindly jabs at the puck from a distance.

I love Eichel for the talent he brings to the city and he should eventually outgrow his faults. That doesn't stop me from wondering how adult men can drop to their knees in "worship", however.

I've got my coach, GM, and a lot of players. I'm just sitting back and letting it come to me.

Wow! Ghost bringing the "alternate worldview" which is his specialty and Sabrespace calling card.  Even if I don't fully agree with it, I've missed it.

Oh, and I don't believe I've weighed in yet, but I'm not a fan of "Yeichel" at all.  There are so many better options that I can't believe we're seemingly stuck with this one.

Now that's the fire-breathing return I was expecting!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the fasten your seatbelt sign. Please return to your seats, put your tray tops in the upright and locked position, and fasten your seatbelts. The Captain will turn off the Fasten Your Seatbelt sign when it is safe to get up and move about the cabin. Thank you ....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.