GDT: Montréal @ Buffalo, 7:00pm edt, 10/23/2015

Doohickie

The Canadiens (7-0-0) bring their perfect record to Buffalo to face the 2-4-0 Sabres in the First Niagara Center. The consensus inside the Canadiens' locker room is that the Sabres will certainly offer up a good test – even if their early-season record of 2-4-0 leaves something to be desired through six games.  Let's hope the Canadiens find their hands full with the rapidly improving Sabres.  And even in the depths of the tank, the Sabres took 3 of 4 from Montreal last year. Rookie goaltender Mike Condon will start for the Canadiens.

Game Preview

The practice report from Thursday did not publish the lines; the one notable change is that backup goalie Nathan Lieuwen was sent down to Rochester and reports are that Linus Ullmark is coming up, prompting speculation as to whether he will start a game either Friday or Saturday.  The morning skate looked like this:

Forwards 
9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart
63 Tyler Ennis – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta
26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 82 Marcus Foligno
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/22 Johan Larsson – 88 Jamie McGinn

Defense
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
29 Jake McCabe – 3 Mark Pysyk
Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson
25 Carlo Colaiacovo

Goaltending
31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

This game will be an important measuring stick to see if the team is gelling and the offense starts to click against a quality opponent. 

415615_1395799743230.jpg

Go Sabres!

Edited by Robins Egg

Damn straight.  Why mess with success?  Any other place besides the practice report to find the lines?

Brawndo is pretty good at getting it from twitter, but I always use the Sabre's site; I don't have a twitter account. My guess is, because we didn't have practice Thursday (maintenance day), that we'll have to wait until the AM skate to get any lines. I don't think they'll be the same as Wednesday's though. IMO I think we're in for a pretty big shake-up, (i.e. Kane is not going to be with Eichel any more)

Edited by WildCard

This could be a smackdown of epic proportions or we could surprise. Les Habs are only allowing 1 goal against a game and are rolling 4 lines. Sabres are slowly coming together but have weaknesses. I'll be listening to this one on radio as I have no feed. C'est la vie.

As always, GO SABRES ! 

This could be a smackdown of epic proportions or we could surprise. Les Habs are only allowing 1 goal against a game and are rolling 4 lines. Sabres are slowly coming together but have weaknesses. I'll be listening to this one on radio as I have no feed. C'est la vie.

As always, GO SABRES ! 

With the Sabres shooting percentage abnormally low and the Habs starting their rookie backup, I think we might see the flood gates open for Buffalo.

Jack is starting to fall behind in the Calder race. I'm predicting no less than 3 points for him tonight.

With the Sabres shooting percentage abnormally low and the Habs starting their rookie backup, I think we might see the flood gates open for Buffalo.

Both of these would definitely be nice to see!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.