Cox article - Kane Trade a Bust

WannabeGM

lol, glad that Bogosian sucks because he hasn't played this season but Lemieux, Armia, and a 1st rounder all haven't seen the NHL but they are all awesome!

I am not worried, Kane will be fine.  He is coming off of shoulder surgery so it will take a little time for him to find his touch.

He does need to be productive.  I'm not concerned about it yet, though.

He's been unlucky, in my view. The production (chances) have been there. The #fancystats even bear that out. And he passes the eyeball test as well (although the meshing with Eichel needs to improve, or her needs to move to another line/pairing).

I'm not going to read the article. Good to know Cox is a buffoon, though.

I wasn't sure I would like Kane because I saw the price as rather hefty at first, I hadn't seen so much of him. But the eyeball test has gotten me fond of him, inspite the lack of scoring (it isn't that bad tho). If the fancy stats tell us that he's going to burst out soon, then I think the stats is telling us the truth. Imo he's the power forward we all have been dreaming about these past seasons.

On a different note, I've heard from a friend of mine that Kane was rather fond of smoking weed (my friend played hockey in NA etc,.). I don't know if this is still true since it was a long time ago and it could be blasphamy for all I know. But it fits Kanes profile of being wild. Perhaps it isn't such big of a deal either, I don't know if weed hampers your ability to play hockey.

Seems prematurely, but fairly, written.

rather prematurely yes, I've already gotten a mancrush on him.

On a different note, I've heard from a friend of mine that Kane was rather fond of smoking weed (my friend played hockey in NA etc,.). I don't know if this is still true since it was a long time ago and it could be blasphamy for all I know. But it fits Kanes profile of being wild. Perhaps it isn't such big of a deal either, I don't know if weed hampers your ability to play hockey.

If he is a 15-20 goal scorer we micro analyze everything the guy does. If he scores 30-40 we all could care less if he smokes weed and goes to NYC. He controls his own destiny.

Kane could easily have had two goals in his first two games. I agree with others, it's very premature. It's premature to judge anybody on this team 5 games into the season with a new coaching staff and 9 new players. 

I couldn't care less who smokes weed. 

If he is a 15-20 goal scorer we micro analyze everything the guy does. If he scores 30-40 we all could care less if he smokes weed and goes to NYC. He controls his own destiny.

I don't think I've seen so much talk about O'reilly's DUI lately. His point total must be above that bar for forgiveness. Edited by Dannepanne

I wasn't sure I would like Kane because I saw the price as rather hefty at first, I hadn't seen so much of him. But the eyeball test has gotten me fond of him, inspite the lack of scoring (it isn't that bad tho). If the fancy stats tell us that he's going to burst out soon, then I think the stats is telling us the truth. Imo he's the power forward we all have been dreaming about these past seasons.

Me too.  He plays hard every shift.  I think the goals will come as Eichel gets acclimated to him and to NHL hockey generally.

He fits the coke crowd too. Especially, with his L.A./TMZ friends. 

Plenty of people here know I question his character, but I don't think recreational drug use is anything to worry about. 

Edited by musichunch

What? I mean. What?

I wouldn't call the trade a bust just yet for either side.

I would say that so far the Jets got the better end of the deal and it will be tough for the Sabres to get that changed. I believe that TM gave up way too much for Kane. When a player is being ran out of a locker room (Kane was not well liked and looked at as a problem) and a team is trying to dump them because they view the player as a problem, you can play hardball and should get the player for less then value cause your taking on someone else's problem. Throw in the other upper hand Buffalo had in that they could take on a player who wouldn't help them last season at all for guys who could help the Jets on their playoff run that year and he should have been able to make the deal for only a fraction of what he gave up (ie Myers and maybe a pick or the other guys without Myers, etc.).

TM did have an abundance of resources available to give up to get what he wanted, but a better GM could have kept some of those to use to restock the cupboards later or use in Another deal. It may come back to bite TM in the backside that he has been too willing to give up slot just to get what he wants (Kane, O'Reilly and Leaner)

Cox might have a better argument that the O'Reilly deal has been a bigger bust so far......

pfffft

If it were 1/3 or 1/2 of a season then he would have a point.

Some hacks write anything just to stir the pot and get people to read their drivel (check out Paul Friessen and Gary Lawless from Winnipeg to see what I mean).

Kane gives his all every shift of every game.

Recreational drugs? No rumor of that for his time spent here...Bogo on the other hand......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.