Bruins fire sale reportedly already started

PromoTheRobot

The difference beween a Great GM/front office and all the others....deciding NOW to sell off an aging roster.

Bostons rebuild could have been quicker and not as deep had they decided to trade some of these parts last year.  Very few teams are able to do that, but the ones that do are usually rewarded for doing it early, not later.  Not only do you put off the day when you finally 'turn the corner' buy an extra year or two...but they would have gotten a lot more for those assets last year.

Boston's problem is that the A) Traded Hamilton and B) Drafted terribly in their first rebuild draft

If you want to rebuild, trading Hamilton makes no sense. Trading Malcolm Subban, or Rask maybe, does. Then, to compound that, they made some extremely questionable draft picks with the pieces they got from Hamilton and Lucic. They're going to cash in, and completely it up

We could put the nail in their coffin a la the Ken Hitchcock Flyers.

I don't think these Bruins are getting anywhere near the playoffs anytime soon. Julien will be let go this season, and some lucky team will pick him up 

Boston's problem is that the A) Traded Hamilton and B) Drafted terribly in their first rebuild draft

If you want to rebuild, trading Hamilton makes no sense. Trading Malcolm Subban, or Rask maybe, does. Then, to compound that, they made some extremely questionable draft picks with the pieces they got from Hamilton and Lucic. They're going to cash in, and completely ###### it up

I don't think these Bruins are getting anywhere near the playoffs anytime soon. Julien will be let go this season, and some lucky team will pick him up 

It honestly felt like they were convinced they could trade up for Hanifin, and then when they couldn't they had no idea what to do with those picks. I'm sure that's not the case, the scouts have their list and whatnot, but it just seemed that way.

As to the playoffs, I still think they can get in as a lower seed because the East is so top-heavy and the Atlantic is the weaker of the two divisions.

It honestly felt like they were convinced they could trade up for Hanifin, and then when they couldn't they had no idea what to do with those picks. I'm sure that's not the case, the scouts have their list and whatnot, but it just seemed that way.

As to the playoffs, I still think they can get in as a lower seed because the East is so top-heavy and the Atlantic is the weaker of the two divisions.

Trading Hamilton to try to get Hanifin would definitely make the move much more logical, but if that's the case I can't believe they wouldn't have at least discussed it with Carolina first. Either way it's a huge mistake on their part, and one that could cost them years in a rebuild effort.

If Marchand is traded, and Chara is out/traded, there's no way that team gets in. Marchand would be a big loss to them, and Chara, as old and worse now as he is, is still their leader. What I wonder is, if those two are being shopped, does that mean everything is game? A-la Bergeron, Krejci, and Subban?

Edited by WildCard

Trading Hamilton to try to get Hanifin would definitely make the move much more logical, but if that's the case I can't believe they wouldn't have at least discussed it with Carolina first. Either way it's a huge mistake on their part, and one that could cost them years in a rebuild effort.

If Marchand is traded, and Chara is out/traded, there's no way that team gets in. Marchand would be a big loss to them, and Chara, as old and worse now as he is, is still their leader. What I wonder is, if those two are being shopped, does that mean everything is game? A-la Bergeron, Krejci, and Subban?

I don't think they actually get traded quite yet--if things get really ugly I think they'd throw Julien into the volcano first. But if they do get moved, you have to think it's a total blow-up of the roster, right? Not necessarily, because assuming this management team knows what its doing would be quite misguided :lol:

I don't think they actually get traded quite yet--if things get really ugly I think they'd throw Julien into the volcano first. But if they do get moved, you have to think it's a total blow-up of the roster, right? Not necessarily, because assuming this management team knows what its doing would be quite misguided :lol:

I'll trade them Makarov fo Subban straight up, though I bet they throw in a 2nd too

Well, this officially puts another crappy team in the Sabres' division that the Sabres can hopefully bank some wins against (along with Toronto and hopefully Florida).

We get our first taste of Florida this Thursday. It's also the group's first road game/trip to go play Tampa and Florida, which is always good for a new team to come together and bond

Boston is 'quietly' shopping veterans? I think the fact that they made some trades to get three 1st round pics last year was a dead giveaway that a rebuild was imminent.

Only way this could get any better is if Brady hangs it up, nothing like seeing all Boston sports go into a free fall.

I want Boston to be good and our team to be better. That rivalry is best when both teams have something to play for.

I hear what you're saying, but I think a better scenario would be if the earth opened up and all the Boston sports teams and their fans were sucked into that chasm and transported either to Hell or to a parallel dimension (that is just like Hell).

Boston is 'quietly' shopping veterans? I think the fact that they made some trades to get three 1st round pics last year was a dead giveaway that a rebuild was imminent.

Only way this could get any better is if Brady hangs it up, nothing like seeing all Boston sports go into a free fall.

After the decade of their success, 4 Super Bowl wins, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Cup win and 1 appearance, 3 WS wins, and 1 NBA Championship, I really hope they all end up drafting 15th every year. That run is ###### absurd. I'm not sure any city ever has dominated all 4 major sports like that in a time span like that. 

Edited by WildCard

As far as I'm concerned, if the Bruins never made the playoffs again, it would be too soon.

I don't care who plays for them (exemption Bobby Orr), I hate them if they are a Bruin.

They got schooled ont he Hamilton trade and screwed up royally in the first round of the draft....it looks good on them.

When I was in Cuba earlier this year, I met a guy from Boston...the convo went something like this...

"Hi, I'm Jim and I'm from Canada."

"Hi, I'm Steve and I'm from Boston."

"Hi Steve, I hate your hockey team."

"I get a lot of that."

nuff said

There is only one person with the unquestionable knowledge of how a die hard Bostonian sports fan should spend the next few decades.

When shrader posts, I shall listen.

Till then hell is still to nice of a place no matter what dimension. 

If this isn't the definition of Schraderenfreude, I don't know what is.

After the decade of their success, 4 Super Bowl wins, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Cup win and 1 appearance, 3 WS wins, and 1 NBA Championship, I really hope they all end up drafting 15th every year. That run is ###### absurd. I'm not sure any city ever has dominated all 4 major sports like that in a time span like that. 

Yeah, you're not going to top 9 championships in 11 years. As much as I hate them, that is one impressive feat, especially in this day and age of free agency and parity.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

MUCH preferred their '85-'88 run. 2 NBA losses (unfortunately sandwiched around a W), Buckner, Fridge, & turn the lights out the party's (almost) over. A net -4. :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.