Bruins fire sale reportedly already started

PromoTheRobot

I hear what you're saying, but I think a better scenario would be if the earth opened up and all the Boston sports teams and their fans were sucked into that chasm and transported either to Hell or to a parallel dimension (that is just like Hell).

In other words, just good enough to get into the last playoff spot and lose in the first round every year?  Annual dashed hopes and dreams.  Yeah, we're saying the same thing.   ;)

Gotta say, I'm in this camp. I feel the same way about Toronto.

I draw the line somewhere before toronto.  They can suck a ######.  Too elitist to recognize our rivalry and too stupid to see that they are the worse franchise.  Enjoy your suckitude.

Edited by We've

What's that last one?

Transformer blew feeding the Gaaahden and the lights went out w/ the score tied in game 4. Couldn't get the lights back on, so they just cancelled that 1. Edmonton ended up winning game 4A ( or as Gretzky famously quipped 'Game 4 eh') for the 4 game sweep. (Game 4 ended up the previously scheduled Game 5 in Edmonton.)

If this isn't the definition of Schraderenfreude, I don't know what is.

I heard about this, and I think I'm in some serious trouble.

IIRC I will need to schedule a doctors appointment and I'm in need of some heavy duty penicillin.

I might need to start a U fund me thingy if it's a serious as I think.

Transformer blew feeding the Gaaahden and the lights went out w/ the score tied in game 4. Couldn't get the lights back on, so they just cancelled that 1. Edmonton ended up winning game 4A ( or as Gretzky famously quipped 'Game 4 eh') for the 4 game sweep. (Game 4 ended up the previously scheduled Game 5 in Edmonton.)

I had never heard that, looks like I'm going to be doing some wiki searching later tonight

I actually hadn't heard of this either! Very interesting. I was reading up on it just now, apparently after Game 4 was cancelled, they were literally playing "Game 5" when the Oilers clinched. Game 4 was to be replayed at the end of the series "if necessary".

Very cool stuff.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569920

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.