GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo 7pm EDT 10/02/15

WildCard

Defense?

Defense?

We don't need no stinging defense!

We're talking about...defense. Defense. Not scoring goals in a game. Not goals in a game. Defense. How the hell is our team gonna get better by playing defense???!!! 4 goals in one period scored, and you're talkin' about defense?

Hahaha does he really not call them?

I thought Pysk was, and that's not just because of his offense

There's been a few in the pre-season he hasn't called. Somebody mentioned the other day, he's assuming we're all seeing it on TV. He didn't call the empty netter. Didn't even know the play was done.

There's been a few in the pre-season he hasn't called. Somebody mentioned the other day, he's assuming we're all seeing it on TV. He didn't call the empty netter. Didn't even know the play was done.

I don't understand, what does he say instead? Nothing?

I don't understand, what does he say instead? Nothing?

He doesn't complete the play. He doesn't say 'he scores', he doesn't say 'goal'............ He'll say something like 'Ennis with the backhander' and leave it at that. You won't know that Ennis scored until you hear the horn, or you realize the play is no longer in action. I can't remember whcih goals exactly, the Ennis goal against Ottawa was one, so was tonight's empty netter.

Let me come in late to comment on the goalkeeping. Lehner looks awful so far. Even in the shut out win, he was out of position a number of times and was lucky he wasn't scored on. It's not that he's slow. He looks lost setting up for plays. I see that kind of play in beer league hockey. I don't expect that in the NHL.

Obviously he can't be that bad. How does he get to this level if he is? He needs to get his head on straight and work on the fundamentals of position and reading the play. This is where we may regret losing Arturs Irbe.

OK, I watched none of this. How bad was it?

Picture the games last year where our goaltending was awful, but tack on a 4 goal 3rd period.

Let me come in late to comment on the goalkeeping. Lehner looks awful so far. Even in the shut out win, he was out of position a number of times and was lucky he wasn't scored on. It's not that he's slow. He looks lost setting up for plays. I see that kind of play in beer league hockey. I don't expect that in the NHL.

Obviously he can't be that bad. How does he get to this level if he is? He needs to get his head on straight and work on the fundamentals of position and reading the play. This is where we may regret losing Arturs Irbe.

Yea, I don't think anyone is of the opinion he's looked good. Just think tossing him in the dumpster a week into the season is quite extreme.

Picture the games last year where our goaltending was awful, but tack on a 4 goal 3rd period.

Yea, I don't think anyone is of the opinion he's looked good. Just think tossing him in the dumpster a week into the season is quite extreme.

Yep. 

And Lehner needs time to play himself into shape. But more than him, the D looked terrible. New pairings, bad passes, lots of breakdowns in the zone. 

There will be some rough stretches this year. But the forwards have the potential to be explosive. 

Well, exciting offense. Defense and goaltending are big question marks. 

Huge question marks.

Is he truly over the concussion?  If not, he shouldn't even be out there.  We need to be targeting a decent second liner in case things don't improve early on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.