GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo 7pm EDT 10/02/15

WildCard

Dude, this isn't about "proving himself", this is about simply looking capable and competent. He looks awful. I'm not looking for the next Hasek next week, but I am looking for a NHL-ready goalie. Stop trying to be the marm, here, the guy looks out of place among his peers.

He had a .925 SV% coming into this game. 

Stupid fans won't. I will. It's going to be a while before they look like a cohesive team and that's fine. We're not winning the cup this year.

It isn't stupid fans, it is normal fans. We on this board represent the top 10% of Sabres fans roughly.  Your average fan wants results now. 

It isn't stupid fans, it is normal fans. We on this board represent the top 10% of Sabres fans roughly.  Your average fan wants results now. 

<--------- I want results now. 

Edited by wjag

okay.  I stand by mine as well. We have reached an impasse.  The good news is, Jack Eichel is a Buffalo Sabre.

My point is that it doesn't matter what those fans want or expect. If they don't realize that it is going to take time to get good, and that we are still a couple of pieces away from being really good then they are stupid.

Okay, pick on the goalie time. Lehner just looks awful. Unless he turns it around in a week, he's a bust. He can't start the season looking this bad.

Incredibly quick judgement here. He just came off a shut out. A couple of the goals today were off giveaways from the D that I wouldn't blame him for.

He just had a shutout. Consistency is the problem. Probably mental. 

This.

No it's not and I explain why in the sentence that followed. No goalie should look this bad at the start of the season. There is no excuse for it. You think he's going to look better a week from now?

He's coming off a serious injury and hasn't played serious hockey in a long time. It'll take him a while. Murray already said he's willing to wait.

I don't think we have a single player playing well, from the goalie to the forwards.

I have liked Kane's game. At least he is throwing the body. At least Reinhart Girgensons and Larsson are Even and not at a minus. The only guys playing right now in blue that can say that.

Dude, this isn't about "proving himself", this is about simply looking capable and competent. He looks awful. I'm not looking for the next Hasek next week, but I am looking for a NHL-ready goalie. Stop trying to be the marm, here, the guy looks out of place among his peers.

He had a .925 SV% coming into this game. 

Keep your "numbers" and "facts" out of here, not a place for them. In this thread, we like to rush judgement. :P

Edited by Thorny

You don't need to do anything, although I would prefer if you'd just admit calling a player a bust after a week of hockey is a rush to judgment.

I don't think it is if he can't play at a NHL level in a NHL game.

He already did that. He just had a shutout.

A preseason game is NHL level? So, wait, all those people saying not to expect Eichel to look as good during the regular season are wrong then? Because their rationale is that it's just preseason competition.

And, what's to say the shutout wasn't an outlier?

A preseason game is NHL level? So, wait, all those people saying not to expect Eichel to look as good during the regular season are wrong then? Because their rationale is that it's just preseason competition.

And, what's to say the shutout wasn't an outlier?

Well you can't have it both ways. It's either preseason doesn't matter a lot, or it does. If you are saying it does, Lehner has performed well at times during it. If it doesn't matter, who cares that he looked bad today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.