GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo 7pm EDT 10/02/15

WildCard

Usually teams improve as they play more games. The Sabres are getting worse.

They're all tight all of a sudden. The first four or five preseason games weren't "serious" so they were having fun. Now it's time to get serious and they're all tense. And the goalie stinks.

I agree he looks bad, but yeesh, this is quite the rush to judgment.

No it's not and I explain why in the sentence that followed. No goalie should look this bad at the start of the season. There is no excuse for it. You think he's going to look better a week from now?

They're all tight all of a sudden. The first four or five preseason games weren't "serious" so they were having fun. Now it's time to get serious and they're all tense. And the goalie stinks.

I think it's how good the Blue Jackets are (yes, I know who's not playing) and that he jumbled some of the lines and it's not working at all.

That and Lehner is just terrible tonight. Maybe one of those should have been a goal

No it's not and I explain why in the sentence that followed. No goalie should look this bad at the start of the season. There is no excuse for it. You think he's going to look better a week from now?

I have no idea, but I'm not going to call a guy a bust for a short stretch of bad hockey following a concussion that wiped out half his previous season. I hated the trade and am not especially optimistic about him, but he certainly deserves more than a preseason and the opening week of the season to prove himself.

I hate to tell this team this but after surviving 2 years of the tank, fans aren't going to give them much slack.

Stupid fans won't. I will. It's going to be a while before they look like a cohesive team and that's fine. We're not winning the cup this year.

I have no idea, but I'm not going to call a guy a bust for a short stretch of bad hockey following a concussion that wiped out half his previous season. I hated the trade and am not especially optimistic about him, but he certainly deserves more than a preseason and the opening week of the season to prove himself.

Dude, this isn't about "proving himself", this is about simply looking capable and competent. He looks awful. I'm not looking for the next Hasek next week, but I am looking for a NHL-ready goalie. Stop trying to be the marm, here, the guy looks out of place among his peers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.