Kane to BUF rumors

pi2000

http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.com/posts/3180304/nhl-trade-rumors--patrick-kane-to-buffalo-sabres.html

Apparently Buffalo inquired, but who really knows.   Would you give up Reinhart, Moulson and 2nd for him as the article suggests?  

IMO it takes much more than that to get it done.

No, I don't really want him near my team if this rape stuff is true. Obviously he hasn't been charged and we don't know the story, so I'll let it play out, but they won't trade him unless it happened (or at least appears to have happened), and if it happened I don't want him here.

That cabbie thing was bad enough to make me not like the guy, but I was willing to pass it off as SUPER stupid drunk kid stuff, but rape is another level that I'll have nothing to do with.

Regardless of his off the ice issues, I didn't watch a tank for two years to part ways with Reinhart before he even plays 20 games. Last thing I want is to do that and have him become the next Thornton or Seguin

Add that to his cap number being prohibitive with what the rest of these guys will be making in 5 years, and it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not that I mind GMTM asking I guess, if they tell him they'd take a 2nd rounder for him Murray could just take the deal and hope for the best.

Add that to his cap number being prohibitive with what the rest of these guys will be making in 5 years, and it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not that I mind GMTM asking I guess, if they tell him they'd take a 2nd rounder for him Murray could just take the deal and hope for the best.

Well if you get rid of Samson the cap numbers no longer really become an issue; at worst they'll be the same problems Chicago had I.e. dumping complimentary players and replacing them

Edited by WildCard

Interesting.

I'd dismiss this report out of hand, but it has some indicia of reliability.

I agree that any of our young jewels is too much to pay for the guy. Especially with the legal matter still pending.

Also: No thanks. I'd sooner bargain with the devil at this point.

No, I don't really want him near my team if this rape stuff is true. Obviously he hasn't been charged and we don't know the story, so I'll let it play out, but they won't trade him unless it happened (or at least appears to have happened), and if it happened I don't want him here.

That cabbie thing was bad enough to make me not like the guy, but I was willing to pass it off as SUPER stupid drunk kid stuff, but rape is another level that I'll have nothing to do with.

I don't want him anywhere near this team even if the rape stuff is false.

This team has spent too much time to get to the point where they're at now. Just not worth what it would take to bring him here along with his ridiculous contract.

I don't want him anywhere near this team even if the rape stuff is false.

This team has spent too much time to get to the point where they're at now. Just not worth what it would take to bring him here along with his ridiculous contract.

Exactly how I feel. There is no way he's worth it from a cap perspective, a PR perspective, a locker room perspective. He's about as desirable as Phil Kessel to me, only not as fat, and way dumber off the ice.

Exactly how I feel. There is no way he's worth it from a cap perspective, a PR perspective, a locker room perspective. He's about as desirable as Phil Kessel to me, only not as fat, and way dumber off the ice.

I would have taken Phil Kessel on this team, for a reasonable price. I want no part of acquiring Kane, as things stand.

Never heard of that source before. If you don't mind me asking, how do you know they're unreliable?

Your first sentence answers your second. Hell, I've never heard of them. A quick google yields nothing. Bad source.

Look at their home page. This is the blog equivalent to "hockeyyyyyinsideerrrrrrr."

Reinhardt, Moulson & a 2nd Round pick so we can wear Chicago's dirty laundry? No thanks. I think #OneBuffalo has taken on enough "high-risk" players this past year. Reinhardt & Eichel will be the face of this franchise for a long time, the Toews/Kane combo for the Sabres (minus the allleged sexual assault hopefully). The only way I'd even consider considering that trade would be if Chicago retained 80% of Kane's salary/cap hit.

Plus how can Murray trade Moulson when he's letting Eichel nest with him?

Eliminating the legal issues, why would you nor make this deal for reinhart? Your basically giving up Moulson and a pick tk get a local kid who already is what reinhart may become. And after seeing what his siblings have done so far, I would be leary in putting a big wager on Sam becoming anything big in the NHL.

But of course that's only if the legal issues aren't true and he did nothing wrong. Otherwise that and the drunken partying would not be worth the headaches of even considering a deal.......

Eliminating the legal issues, why would you nor make this deal for reinhart? Your basically giving up Moulson and a pick tk get a local kid who already is what reinhart may become. And after seeing what his siblings have done so far, I would be leary in putting a big wager on Sam becoming anything big in the NHL.

But of course that's only if the legal issues aren't true and he did nothing wrong. Otherwise that and the drunken partying would not be worth the headaches of even considering a deal.......

Chicago doesn't trade him.  Don't want him.

http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.com/posts/3180304/nhl-trade-rumors--patrick-kane-to-buffalo-sabres.html

Apparently Buffalo inquired, but who really knows.   Would you give up Reinhart, Moulson and 2nd for him as the article suggests?  

IMO it takes much more than that to get it done.

Not buying it. The Hockeypress with no byline or writers with names? hmmm.