Kane to BUF rumors

pi2000

Eliminating the legal issues, why would you nor make this deal for reinhart? Your basically giving up Moulson and a pick tk get a local kid who already is what reinhart may become. And after seeing what his siblings have done so far, I would be leary in putting a big wager on Sam becoming anything big in the NHL.

But of course that's only if the legal issues aren't true and he did nothing wrong. Otherwise that and the drunken partying would not be worth the headaches of even considering a deal.......

That's what you're basing your predictions for Samson's success on? His brothers' success? There are plenty of stories of failed sibling athletes in sports

Read on another forum the comment that apparently the women involved turned down a huge pile of cash because she is trying to convict him.

Offcourse this comes from someone who knows someone.

This won't go away easy, and will only get uglier and I don't want the sabres to be linked to any of this.

Sometimes I wonder if people read these links that are brought to our attention. Yes, the writer claims to have some sources that say Buffalo is one of the teams who approached Chicago. That would be the rumor. There's no rumored trade proposal — Reinhart etc. is merely the writer's theory of what it would take to acquire Kane.

First, what. the. f#c#k. Second, I am excited for hockey talk. Third, Reinhart is how it's spelled. 

Now what Sam's brothers have done to this point in the NHL is so beyond irrelevent I don't even know why it was mentioned.  Hell one of them isn't even a forward.  Trading him at this point would be stupid.  Kane and Reinhart should not be compared. They play a completely different style of game.  Also you can't complain about Reinhart's game and then turn around an expect him to be the center piece for a trade like this.  If you are trading for Kane, Reinhart, Ennis, 1st round pick or Pysyk/McCabe

Kane has off the ice issues and there are questions about his locker room behavior as well.  He turns 27 in November and is rapidly exiting the prime part of his career.  Talented yes and maybe if we were 2-3 years further along, sure, but right here and now, no.  If I take into consideration the external issue with the pending investigation it makes it even less attractive to trade for him. 

I bet Murray asked about Kane, no doubt in my mind.  But Murray would also trade his mother for a grilled cheese sandwhich if he thought that is what his team needed to acquire a cup. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Sometimes I wonder if people read these links that are brought to our attention. Yes, the writer claims to have some sources that say Buffalo is one of the teams who approached Chicago. That would be the rumor. There's no rumored trade proposal — Reinhart etc. is merely the writer's theory of what it would take to acquire Kane.

Personally, I don't find any so called rumor about Buffalo asking about Kane to be worth reading at all.  The PR nightmare attached to trading for a guy currently under investigation for rape in your own town pretty clearly makes the scenario a bunch of BS.

I think the 4 or so beers I had led me to see the source as potentially reliable. In the morning light, it looks less so.

There was, though, a legit writer who said 5 teams had called the Hawks about P. Kane. I would not be surprised if the Sabres had been one.

In any event: No. Thanks.

Just for poops and giggles:  suppose it emerges that no rape occurred (i.e. not just that the case is settled -- somehow it is conclusively proven that he is innocent), and suppose that Kane is PO'd that the Hawks didn't stand by him and demands a trade.

With the "he's a terrible person" issue thus squashed, would those who've proclaimed upthread that they don't want him still feel that way?

Reinhart for an exonerated Kane, straight up?

Kane turns 27 in November; Reinhart turns 20 in November.

He's still a terrible person regardless of what happened that night. I don't see a scenario where all doubt of what happened that night is cleared anyways.

As somebody who was obsessed with the concept of Kane in Buffalo you can now count me out.

Just for poops and giggles:  suppose it emerges that no rape occurred (i.e. not just that the case is settled -- somehow it is conclusively proven that he is innocent), and suppose that Kane is PO'd that the Hawks didn't stand by him and demands a trade.

With the "he's a terrible person" issue thus squashed, would those who've proclaimed upthread that they don't want him still feel that way?

Reinhart for an exonerated Kane, straight up?

Kane turns 27 in November; Reinhart turns 20 in November.

That's a really tough call because of the ages.  I think I like the idea of a young core growing together, though.  Even if Reinhart never turns into the player Kane is.

He's still a terrible person regardless of what happened that night. I don't see a scenario where all doubt of what happened that night is cleared anyways.

As somebody who was obsessed with the concept of Kane in Buffalo you can now count me out.

Care to explain that first sentence?

With where the Sabres are at (still unproven in goal and on the blue line, with at least one young forward who has to grow before we contend), I'm just not sure trading a 20 year old center with 3 years of an ELC remaining for a 27 year old winger (likely to be 29 when the team really contends) making $10.5 million is a wise decision.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05/10/kane-allegedly-choked-a-girl-uttered-anti-semitic-comments-in-madison/

If the story is to be believed.

And he put a chair through a friend's sliding glass door during a party like seven years ago.

Well, that sucks. Becoming harder and harder to maintain being a fan of him.

With where the Sabres are at (still unproven in goal and on the blue line, with at least one young forward who has to grow before we contend), I'm just not sure trading a 20 year old center with 3 years of an ELC remaining for a 27 year old winger (likely to be 29 when the team really contends) making $10.5 million is a wise decision.

Yup. Let's stick with the core of forwards we have and actually see what we have. 

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05/10/kane-allegedly-choked-a-girl-uttered-anti-semitic-comments-in-madison/

If the story is to be believed.

And he put a chair through a friend's sliding glass door during a party like seven years ago.

Jesus man, that choking story is insane.

Did you already bring this up in this thread and I missed it?

Jesus man, that choking story is insane.

Did you already bring this up in this thread and I missed it?

I think it was mentioned by multiple posters in the actual Kane thread, but I don't know if I ever discussed it. One of the more interesting and egregious Kane stories.

I think it was mentioned by multiple posters in the actual Kane thread, but I don't know if I ever discussed it. One of the more interesting and egregious Kane stories.

If you are the lawyers victim in a rape case, that is some nice ammunition to have.  I'd track down that girl.