Sabres hosting their own prospect tournament Sept 12-14

pi2000

Your telling me. The last two years were brutal to watch. I'm already planning on seeing Buffalo in Arizona, Los Angeles and in Anaheim.

That's a pretty sweet collection of games, I would imagine LA is the best experience? I've heard the Duck's atmosphere is more family oriented than fan crazy.

Anyone who went tonight, how did Reinhart and the others look?

Is this the same one where the draft lottery never ended?

The draft lottery is still going. Tim Murray has strangled Gary Bettman and Connor McDavid has signed with the KHL.

That's a pretty sweet collection of games, I would imagine LA is the best experience? I've heard the Duck's atmosphere is more family oriented than fan crazy.

I've been to a bunch of games in LA and Anaheim. Just one in Arizona this past season. Anaheim is more families and little kids because OC. LA is more of a party atmosphere. Make sure to get to the LA game early so you can get whole LA Live experience outside the arena. Anaheim, everybody shows up just after puck drop, not much to do there.

The draft lottery is still going. Tim Murray has strangled Gary Bettman and Connor McDavid has signed with the KHL.

I've been to a bunch of games in LA and Anaheim. Just one in Arizona this past season. Anaheim is more families and little kids because OC. LA is more of a party atmosphere. Make sure to get to the LA game early so you can get whole LA Live experience outside the arena. Anaheim, everybody shows up just after puck drop, not much to do there.

Been to Los Angeles and Anaheim a couple of times. Staples Center in Los Angeles is a great arena. I like the Honda Center as well but LA takes the cake.

Anyone who went tonight, how did Reinhart and the others look?

Kinda wondering about Reinhart as well. To me these are games that he needs to be making a mark especially against other teams prospects. Next level will be much more competitive for him to stand out. I just don't know if he wins a spot out in training camp or he starts with the Americans.

I have to say, Peters is doing an excellent job as a color guy. Rob Ray better look out.

Losing Jim Lorenz was hard enough. Replacing him with Harry, well past his prime, but funny, and a legend,  was enjoyable most evenings, and some consolation.  Now graduating to Rob Ray is like a knitting needle to the tympanum. Most away games I'm tuning into the enemy feeds. I just can't take him. 

Ya know what's the best part of having Eichel on board? For the 1st time in 20+ years, the team's best player (in a year it matters) won't be the goalie.

Wow that is a scary truth right there.

Also, Connor who?

It is going to be entertaining when the season starts and Reinhart isn't lighting the world on fire and people freak out.  I would give Samson until late December or January before he settles in and his brain starts the process of slowing things down for him.  Jack, on the other hand has a more deliberate game and will be noticeable sooner.  I think both in the long run will have great impacts on this team.

Losing Jim Lorenz was hard enough. Replacing him with Harry, well past his prime, but funny, and a legend,  was enjoyable most evenings, and some consolation.  Now graduating to Rob Ray is like a knitting needle to the tympanum. Most away games I'm tuning into the enemy feeds. I just can't take him. 

I kind of miss the old man ramblings that was the Rick and Harry combination.  It was like dueling Grampa Simpson rants.

So here's what I saw yesterday.  (I was only there for the first half of the game.)

--Reinhart is great, with and without the puck.  We're going to like him for a long, long time.

--Reinhart was with Carrier and Bailey, and it looked like the plan was for Carrier to open up space for Reinhart either to go to the net or to get the puck to Bailey (who was usually parked in front of the Boston goalie).  It didn't work.  Carrier couldn't create enough of a distraction, and it looked like there were two on Reinhart every time he tried to carry the puck.

--Speaking of Bailey, and I was focused on him because I was sitting with his family, I think you folks in Rochester are REALLY going to enjoy him this year.  Speed and grit, and his hands aren't too bad, either.

--Eichel really looked like a leader out there.  Wasn't afraid to talk with the Bruins when things got stirred up.

--I'm I'm Carson Hohmann, I'm considering another career this morning.  His two stupid penalties led to Bruins goals, and he was inexcusably offside late in the first period, killing a great rush.  Yeah, I get that he set up Martin's goal.

--McCabe looked strong.  Remember how you felt when Ehrhoff or Hecht had the puck?  Like, ok, maybe this guy's not going to score, but the puck is safe and everyone can readjust / make a change / whatever?  That's how it felt when McCabe had the puck back there.  Reassuring.

--I think Boston's goalie McIntyre has a decent future ahead of him.

--I'm I'm Carson Hohmann, I'm considering another career this morning.  His two stupid penalties led to Bruins goals, and he was inexcusably offside late in the first period, killing a great rush.  Yeah, I get that he set up Martin's goal.

And if you're Cason Hohmann, you also need to learn how to spell your name. ;)

But anyway, he's on an AHL contract, so there really isn't much to expect there.  He'll never move beyond that level.  Quite honestly, I'm surprised he even got that deal.  He seemed like an ECHL guy at best over his college career.

And if you're Cason Hohmann, you also need to learn how to spell your name. ;)

But anyway, he's on an AHL contract, so there really isn't much to expect there.  He'll never move beyond that level.  Quite honestly, I'm surprised he even got that deal.  He seemed like an ECHL guy at best over his college career.

I could swear that the program last night had Carson and not Cason.  Oh well.

ECHL seems right.

I liked listening to Paul Hamilton's play by play for the two games. He brings some excitement to the broadcast. I'd much rather have him take over for RJ than Dan Dunleavy.

Disagree--he had way too much juice calling the games. He was like the hockey play by play equivalent of Trent Dilfer from the second MNF game last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.