Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Just some information that I came across today that pertains to the topic but not necessarily the specific situation.

I have not read it in full...

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/11/campus-rape-expert-who-misrepresented-hi

The link should work, but I wouldn't be surprised if they change it soon to represent the full title.

Just some information that I came across today that pertains to the topic but not necessarily the specific situation.

I have not read it in full...

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/11/campus-rape-expert-who-misrepresented-hi

The link should work, but I wouldn't be surprised if they change it soon to represent the full title.

That is an incredibly inappropriate photo.

I must say that I have re-read every single post by a certain member in this thread.

He made general comments about society in general, which I completely agree with.

As far as I can tell he did not accuse any other member of misogyny.

I did the same thing. 

That is an incredibly inappropriate photo.

You know.. my filter worked pretty well.  I am getting good at ignoring stupid media sensationalism crap like that.  I didn't even pay attention to the photo and went straight to the words.  Bad choice on the photo, no doubt.

Any new facts?

No, but if you want some different perspectives, read the thread(s) on this subject in the Blackhawks forum on HFBOards. I barely touched it and it was kind of interesting. Some Hawks fans are actually calling for Kane to be traded to a team as an attraction to put fans in the seats.  There are a few other twists in and turns on that forum that we haven't considered from our perspective.  So if you want a fresh perspective, check that out.

I did the same thing. 

I have read every single post you have made in this thread and while I may not agree completely with your point of view I do understand where you are coming from.

I see nothing wrong in the way you have expressed your points.  My apologies for not saying so sooner.

No, but if you want some different perspectives, read the thread(s) on this subject in the Blackhawks forum on HFBOards. I barely touched it and it was kind of interesting. Some Hawks fans are actually calling for Kane to be traded to a team as an attraction to put fans in the seats.  There are a few other twists in and turns on that forum that we haven't considered from our perspective.  So if you want a fresh perspective, check that out.

That's a great sales job. I really want to see what else they have to say.

That's a great sales job. I really want to see what else they have to say.

Most of it reads like this thread to be honest, but there is also the difference in perspective.  To us, Kane a local son.  To them, he's a star player.  I saw a discussion of "he's my favorite Hawk because he helps us win, but if there's anything to this, I'll never think of him the same again."

To us he's a local hero and our primary concern is how it reflects on the city of Buffalo.  To them he's an integral part of the team and this incident could leave a lasting impact on the Hawks team. Plus, as a Hawk, he also represents their city as well.  So they're dealing with it from multiple angles.

Also, reading their board provides a bit of perspective on ROR's situation.

I must say, given the information we have, that's quite surprising. One could also argue premature.

I'd disagree.

Celebrities lose endorsements quite often when they find themselves mired in a controversial matter. Would be shocked if EA Sports wants their game associated with this particular version of (allegedly) scoring. It's not a matter of guilt or innocence for them: it's will his association w/ the videogame sell product or not (and possibly draw boycotts). No way he can successfully endorse anything (other than perhaps his lawyer) at this moment.

I'd disagree.

Celebrities lose endorsements quite often when they find themselves mired in a controversial matter. Would be shocked if EA Sports wants their game associated with this particular version of (allegedly) scoring. It's not a matter of guilt or innocence for them: it's will his association w/ the videogame sell product or not (and possibly draw boycotts). No way he can successfully endorse anything (other than perhaps his lawyer) at this moment.

That and they probably have a limited window where they can update the cover of the game before it goes on sale.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.