Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Croce is engaged in unabashed sl_ut shaming, with a financial motive for doing so.

Awful.

What's his financial motive?  Not sure I get that part.

Also not sure that he's slutshaming, either.

Still don't like the guy; still won't go to his chop house when there's a much nicer E.B. Green's right there.

I want to vomit and then wipe it up with that story. What a wad of toilet paper.

SOO you know the victims identity and relations enough to refute this rumor?

If this were an actual rumor and not something you just randomly created then yes, I would feel comfortable refuting the rumor.

What's his financial motive? Not sure I get that part.

Also not sure that he's slutshaming, either.

Still don't like the guy; still won't go to his ###### chop house when there's a much nicer E.B. Green's right there.

Croce has a financial incentive not to insult a high-profile customer.

I want to vomit and then wipe it up with that story. What a wad of toilet paper.

If this were an actual rumor and not something you just randomly created then yes, I would feel comfortable refuting the rumor.

He also has a financial incentive to not be held accountable for his establishment over-serving Kane. The important part of his statement is his dismissing that there was any chance that Kane was intoxicated, i.e. "Those girls were drunk sluts and Patrick was definitely not." 

He can do that by not commenting.  His remarks were gratuitous.

He also has a financial incentive to not be held accountable for his establishment over-serving Kane. The important part of his statement is his dismissing that there was any chance that Kane was intoxicated, i.e. "Those girls were drunk sluts and Patrick was definitely not." 

I don't think this hits Croce one way or the other.  And he said nothing at all about whether the girls were drunk or even drinking, much less sluts.

Edited by Eleven

Eleven. The on premises establishment bears exposure if an over-served patron assaults someone during the patron's stupor. Croce specifically noted how many drinks Kane had (really?!) and said he wasn't stumbling around.

Covering. His. Arse.

And pshaw on Croce's language not sending a clear message about the girl having invited whatever trouble she encountered.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Eleven. The on premises establishment bears exposure if an over-served patron assaults someone during the patron's stupor. Croce specifically noted how many drinks Kane had (really?!) and said he wasn't stumbling around.

Covering. His. Arse.

And pshaw on Croce's language not sending a clear message about the girl having invited whatever trouble she encountered.

Covering his arse and ensuring celebs come into his establishment in the future. He wants Patty Kane throwin his change around.

I wonder if Croce notices how many drinks everybody has or just the celebrities? Sounds like he may be the one that was hanging around Kane the whole night.

My guess is when PK is in the house, he is the focus of everyone's attention. 

He can do that by not commenting.  His remarks were gratuitous.

I don't think this hits Croce one way or the other.  And he said nothing at all about whether the girls were drunk or even drinking, much less sluts.

I think your edit was to add the last sentence.

What he said about the girl(s) was being all over Kane is extremely ... not sure what word to use here ... it certainly implies that the girl (s) might have been looking for something, which is complete BS.

His language betrays him. 

I'm with you on this one.  The guy is a creep, at least.

-----

I am wondering how many of us taking part in this discussion fully appreciate that rape is not about sex.

I do, but I do wonder about others.  I am not being critical, but as far as I know this has not been part of the discussion.

My guess is when PK is in the house, he is the focus of everyone's attention.

So you're saying that it's not relevant that an individual was hovering around him? You'd be right. I'm sure there were straight men hovering around him, too. Hell, before this I would've probably hovered near him.

Patrick Kane met a girl at Evans Beach in Angola at a place called Mickey Rats. They went back to his house on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, the girl's parents made her go get a rape kit done and blood drawn. She claims a drug/roofy was slipped into her drink.

The cops went to Kane's residence on Sunday night and found pills along with a video during the search. The alleged victim's dad is a lawyer. Kane has cancelled his appearance at Imperial Pizza for this weekend and a few other bars downtown.

Mickey Rats is known for underage drinkers, girl's age is a problem for Kane and the bar. Still not clear how old she is though.

Might not be true but its def a rumor.

Patrick Kane met a girl at Evans Beach in Angola at a place called Mickey Rats. They went back to his house on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, the girl's parents made her go get a rape kit done and blood drawn. She claims a drug/roofy was slipped into her drink.

The cops went to Kane's residence on Sunday night and found pills along with a video during the search. The alleged victim's dad is a lawyer. Kane has cancelled his appearance at Imperial Pizza for this weekend and a few other bars downtown.

Mickey Rats is known for underage drinkers, girl's age is a problem for Kane and the bar. Still not clear how old she is though.

Mickey Rats =/= Skybar, so I'm not even sure why you're posting this filth. 

Tank4's post is from a website titled "SportsMockery" which is a gossip blog in Chicago. They have taken down that article and replaced it with quotes from the Buffalo News article.

There is a lawyer who shares the same name, but it's not him and he's states away.

Edited by Hoss

Covering. His. Arse.

There are a LOT of dots to connect there and I'm not sure she could do it.

I wonder if Croce notices how many drinks everybody has or just the celebrities? Sounds like he may be the one that was hanging around Kane the whole night.

I'm sure he's not even there that late on a Saturday unless there's a celeb in the joint.

I think your edit was to add the last sentence.

What he said about the girl(s) was being all over Kane is extremely ... not sure what word to use here ... it certainly implies that the girl (s) might have been looking for something, which is complete BS.

Look at his quote.  It implies nothing other than she was interested in him--and we don't even know if it's the same young woman.  I guess if that's the "looking for something" that you're deriving, fine, but I'm guessing you mean more.

I think this is all nonsense, and I'd love to know what her father's occupation would have to do with anything.  Are you saying that because he's a lawyer (which I'll continue to believe Hoss on that one), that he and his daughter are up to something shrewd?

I'm grateful to you all for your work both reportorial and around the important topic, individuals notwithstanding. While there've been dozens of volleys around victim shaming and the benefit of the doubt, I come away with a sense that we all have an enlightened concern for both. Awesome points of view from the ladies who live lives outside of my experience.

Of the dozens of paths this story may ultimately take, I see classic Greek tragedy with hubris, the Gods, and fate.

Special thanks to Hoss for educating me on the industry and protocol. I see your struggle with balance. Special thanks to Eleven for important legal and procedural context.

Anyone besides me think the Buffalo News and Tim Graham have been particularly professional?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.