Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

She wasn't underage.

And on PA's news comment: the league didn't know to pounce until the initial word got out. News outlets have plenty of juicy details, but it's all unreportable, off-the-record stuff.

(Well, I'm assuming more than just one outlet knows certain details)

arevyou reporting that she wasn't underage, i.e. Under 21, or under the age of consent, 17? Or are you proffering your opinion? Not bashing just curious because it matters when processing subsequent info.

arevyou reporting that she wasn't underage, i.e. Under 21, or under the age of consent, 17? Or are you proffering your opinion? Not bashing just curious because it matters when processing subsequent info.

Don't know if she is 21 or not but that's pretty unimportant (maybe not, Eleven?). She's not under 17.

Welp. Anyone else want to tackle this one?  :wallbash:

Not sure I would call her a glorified prostitute. More like co-conspirator in the rape of the next woman. I honestly don't know how a woman could live with herself after being bought like that. How do you go on with your life? IMHO putting the scumbug away and protecting other women is a huge start in the healing process.

Be my guest....... I'm leaving it alone.

Let me elaborate. A crime is a crime. A settlement should not change that. Why is that acceptable? If he committed rape then charge him with rape. If he slept with her and now she sees a money grab then that is wrong. Please - understand I am not saying that is what she is doing. I am simply saying that money should have NOTHING to do with this case. If it does our system is in worse shape than I thought.

Let me put it this way. If my daughter was ever raped, or even taken advantage of because she was drunk and incoherent, the last thing I want is the scumbags money to be a part of my family. I would want him fully prosecuted - preferably after I had a few minutes with him.

Both the victim and the family loose all credibility in my book as soon as money gets involved.

I don't know why some you act like this doesn't happen. Happens all the time.

Not sure I would call her a glorified prostitute. More like co-conspirator in the rape of the next woman. I honestly don't know how a woman could live with herself after being bought like that. How do you go on with your life? IMHO putting the scumbug away and protecting other women is a huge start in the healing process.

I agree that him going to jail is a better way to prevent future rape if it happened. However,  I don't feel comfortable judging an alleged victim for how they feel their wounds need to heal. If she feels that setting herself, and possibly her family, up financially for the rest of her life then that's on her.

Let me elaborate. A crime is a crime. A settlement should not change that. Why is that acceptable? If he committed rape then charge him with rape. If he slept with her and now she sees a money grab then that is wrong. Please - understand I am not saying that is what she is doing. I am simply saying that money should have NOTHING to do with this case. If it does our system is in worse shape than I thought.

Let me put it this way. If my daughter was ever raped, or even taken advantage of because she was drunk and incoherent, the last thing I want is the scumbags money to be a part of my family. I would want him fully prosecuted - preferably after I had a few minutes with him.

Both the victim and the family loose all credibility in my book as soon as money gets involved.

This is all fine.  I'm sure most would agree that the fact that professional athletes can get problems swept under the rug with money is a problem.

That's a lot different than calling someone a prostitute.

It's not completely in the alleged victim's control to charge and find Kane guilty. If it happened but momentum is pushing towards lack of evidence then she may want to guarantee some type of damage to her alleged attacker.

This is all fine.  I'm sure most would agree that the fact that professional athletes can get problems swept under the rug with money is a problem.

That's a lot different than calling someone a prostitute.

Bingo. That was, as far as I recall, the first horrific comment a member of this board has made since this stuff started.

Have you ever spoken with a woman who was the victim of sexual assault?

Have you ever spoken to a woman who was a victim of sexual assault?

I doubt most of us ever have, i sure haven't, might know women who were victims but its not something you share easy i guess.

If she decides to settle, that's her business and her business alone.

Maybe she doesn't want to go the emotional turbulence of a trial. In some instances rape victims feel like they have been raped again by the time the defense attorney has completed their cross examination. If she chooses not to go through with that, that's her decision

Might want to note who you quote and what I've had to say on the matter. 

We are all assuming she is a victim of a sexual assault. I pray for her sake she wasn't. If ANYONE was NOT the victim of a sexual assault and is compensated for it then THEY is a prostitute.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HER SPECIFICALLY!! I am simply stating that, in the past, false accusations have been made and woman have been compensated. It wouldn't be the first or the last time it happened.

So, some of you that can't see the entire picture need to step back and evaluate the entire situation. Most likely, Kane f'd up and deserves what he gets. To make it that cut and dry, however, is not reality.

Edited by sicknfla

So if she was sexually assaulted and takes a payment to not prosecute, that's okay.

If she was not sexually assaulted an takes a payment to not prosecute, she a hooker.

Is that what you are saying?

No. Not even close. Payment should not be involved in any way, shape or form unless it is done in a cival lawsuit. Kane, or any other person that has committed a crime, should not be able to buy out of their wrong doing. Why? You rob a convenience store you get arrested. You murder someone you get arrested. You don't buy yourself out of that.

This entire idea that back door deals are acceptable and the incident goes away is, to me, the ultimate insult to rape victims. Let a guy get away with something because he has money. Meanwhile, Joe no money gets 20 years in prison. It is BS.

As for the prostitute comment. If a woman has consensual sex with a guy only to turn around and claim she was a victim as a pay day source is a prostitute and a complete scumbag. Why wouldn't she be considered that? What else do you call someone that makes money from having sex? The only difference is her pay day is much larger and more public.

AGAIN, I am talking in generalities not specific to this case.

A guy that is at Kane's house with the Cup tweeted out a photo that was deleted moments later. He has been tweeting that Kane is not guilty and at one point said she is just a woman trying to ruin Kane's career... Not a good look to be spending time with this guy.

Here is the photo:

I35eloh.png

A guy that is at Kane's house with the Cup tweeted out a photo that was deleted moments later. He has been tweeting that Kane is not guilty and at one point said she is just a woman trying to ruin Kane's career... Not a good look to be spending time with this guy.

Here is the photo:

I35eloh.png

Especially when you're a high school coach...

Were the tweets also deleted?

We are all assuming she is a victim of a sexual assault. I pray for her sake she wasn't. If ANYONE was NOT the victim of a sexual assault and is compensated for it then THEY is a prostitute.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HER SPECIFICALLY!! I am simply stating that, in the past, false accusations have been made and woman have been compensated. It wouldn't be the first or the last time it happened.

So, some of you that can't see the entire picture need to step back and evaluate the entire situation. Most likely, Kane f'd up and deserves what he gets. To make it that cut and dry, however, is not reality.

That's an amusing comment, seeing as all you've done in your past few posts is look at it from your perspective, and what you determine justice to be. In the midst of your rant about how monetary settlement shouldn't influence criminal charges, did you once stop to think what criminal charges mean for the victim? You were happy to tell us what you'd want and not want if your daughter were the victim, but never once said what she might want. Your posts reek of someone who has never really thought about what a rape trial means for the victim, let alone read something about it or talked to somebody who has been sexually assaulted.

The biggest problem with rape cases is there is often a lack of physical evidence that rape has occurred, so they devolve into a he said she said situation, which of course necessitates the victim taking the stand. Rape is about the most traumatic experience a woman can go through, and the trial makes them go through it twice--it inflicts more pain, and can delay the emotional healing process. Additionally, any decent defense will tear apart her past and try to perform a character assassination, since the entire case is dependent upon the victim's credibility. All of this in front of friends and family, for the very questionable likelihood of conviction. What if the victim goes through all of that, only to see the defendant walk? Is that really a preferable outcome to taking a settlement and trying to move on with life? I admire the women who choose to take that path, but the notion that a woman who chooses to forego that in favor of a settlement somehow destroys her credibility is, to be frank, completely absurd. Having seen first hand the severe and long-term effects rape can have on a victim, I completely understand a woman opting against re-living the experience and wanting to get the healing process started as soon as possible, even if it means some level of societal justice isn't possible. The effects can be that severe.

I sincerely hope nothing ever happens to your daughter, but if it does, I also very sincerely hope you take into account her wishes on how to move forward rather than passing judgment upon her from your high horse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.