Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Of course it's not and there is a ton of gray area. But there are a couple of things we do know about. 1. She was at the bar with him. 2. He asked her back to his place. 3. She agreed to go. 4. I've already covered what most people already know happens when somebody asks you back to their place. She went there knowing sex would be somewhere in the realm of possibilities. With that said, yes, there is a level of personal responsibility right there.

And don't tell me my posts are distasteful after you just got through lecturing Tom Webster about using the words "ridiculous" and "laughable" when describing somebody's opinion. You have a bad habit of being critical of what people have to say and how they say it without heeding your own advice.

You know what she knows/thinks? See my signature.

You know what she knows/thinks? See my signature.

Not that it adds a lot to the discussion, but the is/ought fallacy should be attributed to Scottish Philosopher David Hume.  It's known as Hume's Law, or Hume's Fallacy.  Tyrion Lannister, upon investigation, is a character from Game of Thrones?  While impressive, the quote is an intellectual forgery.  I apologize for having to be the one to break this to you for I respect you and your opinions.  I just thought you would like to know the truth.

Not that it adds a lot to the discussion, but the is/ought fallacy should be attributed to Scottish Philosopher David Hume. It's known as Hume's Law, or Hume's Fallacy. Tyrion Lannister, upon investigation, is a character from Game of Thrones? While impressive, the quote is an intellectual forgery. I apologize for having to be the one to break this to you for I respect you and your opinions. I just thought you would like to know the truth.

And what say you about Saint Nicholas?

And what say you about Saint Nicholas?

Killing Santa.

That's not even remotely similar.

What do you think goes through the minds of two people who have been flirting at a bar all night, when one of them asks 'You wanna go back to my place'?

He was asking for it — he flew Malaysia Airlines.

Of course it's not and there is a ton of gray area. But there are a couple of things we do know about. 1. She was at the bar with him. 2. He asked her back to his place. 3. She agreed to go. 4. I've already covered what most people already know happens when somebody asks you back to their place. She went there knowing sex would be somewhere in the realm of possibilities. With that said, yes, there is a level of personal responsibility right there.

/debate

Don't tell me that he's actually from Game of Thrones too. 

My point was just that I know that it wasn't an original thought. Heck I've had similar thoughts before. But I think to quote captures it very well. You weren't breaking any news there.

Edited by Hoss

So, was it multiple vans, cars, one truck?  I don't think that you have ever clarified that point, other than saying it was your impression that it was multiple.  I didn't realize that you were trying to insult me for not "breaking news."  Thanks for pointing that out.

Hume is widely regarded as the greatest philosopher in the English Language, in large part because of the Naturalistic Fallacy.  When you said, "see my signature," all that I see is a rip off.  Cheap jewelry.  Fake.  Just my P.O.V.

My point was just that I know that it wasn't an original thought. Heck I've had similar thoughts before. But I think to quote captures it very well. You weren't breaking any news there.

So, was it multiple vans, cars, one truck?  I don't think that you have ever clarified that point, other than saying it was your impression that it was multiple.  I didn't realize that you were trying to insult me for not "breaking news."  Thanks for pointing that out.

Hume is widely regarded as the greatest philosopher in the English Language, in large part because of the Naturalistic Fallacy.  When you said, "see my signature," all that I see is a rip off.  Cheap jewelry.  Fake.  Just my P.O.V.

Yikes. Slow it down. Nobody was trying to insult you. If you like Hume so much you should try his brother Humor.

And I did clarify. I was regurgitating what was reported mixed with what I was informed. Does it make any difference if it was two cars or one car? It doesn't. All that matters in reporting that is where it came from. You're new. I'll give you some time (don't worry, it took me a while/is taking me a while).

Edited by Hoss

Next time I'd rather hear it from you. I don't reply to signatures or memes. Still not sure how it applied to my post.

Is he still on FOX News?

Next time I'd rather hear it from you. I don't reply to signatures or memes. Still not sure how it applied to my post.

I was saying that just because you believe that sex must or often will follow an invite home with your friends from a bar does not mean that she views it that way.

The way you believe it ought to be: She KNEW that sex was in the realm of possibility. Most people will see it that way. But who knows how she saw it. You can't say what she knew. You have know idea what she knows or knew.

I was saying that just because you believe that sex must or often will follow an invite home with your friends from a bar does not mean that she views it that way.

The way you believe it ought to be: She KNEW that sex was in the realm of possibility. Most people will see it that way. But who knows how she saw it. You can't say what she knew. You have know idea what she knows or knew.

You and I both know the chances are pretty damn slim that she didn't have some sort of idea what happens when two people at a bar go back to his or her place afterwards. Of course I don't know 100%, neither does anybody else that's been speculating for the last 18 pages. It doesn't negate the personal responsibility, and it's far from premature.

You and I both know the chances are pretty damn slim that she didn't have some sort of idea what happens when two people at a bar go back to his or her place afterwards. Of course I don't know 100%, neither does anybody else that's been speculating for the last 18 pages. It doesn't negate the personal responsibility, and it's far from premature.

Multiple people (allegedly) went back to his home. According to what has been reported it wasn't just her and Kane. They also allegedly went there for another party.

Responsibility for...?

I'd go there.  Old Lakeshore is even better than Williamsville, which is better than East Aurora, if that's even possible.  Personally, aside from the actually reality of the situation, that song from Nirvana comes to mind when I think of Old Lakeshore Drive.  Man, it's nice.  I could see her wanting to see the place by daylight.  Sweet talk might have gotten her out there at 3am. 

This in no way means to predict of propose what happened.  I'm just putting myself in the position of someone Kane might ask out to that sweet pad, which is silly. 

I'd go there.  Old Lakeshore is even better than Williamsville, which is better than East Aurora, if that's even possible.  Personally, aside from the actually reality of the situation, that song from Nirvana comes to mind when I think of Old Lakeshore Drive.  Man, it's nice.  I could see her wanting to see the place by daylight.  Sweet talk might have gotten her out there at 3am. 

This in no way means to predict of propose what happened.  I'm just putting myself in the position of someone Kane might ask out to that sweet pad, which is silly. 

posts like this are why grace periods expire.  What the hell does this even mean?

I have.  Make your point.

I have ridden my bike down Old Lakeshore Drive, 11, driven my car, stopped and walked around.  I have peeked at homes and beaches.  I don't think you feel the same mystique that I do when I say the name of the road.  That's OK.

THAT'S what you brought?  You were selling copies of Grit and the residents wouldn't buy them?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.