Briere?

7+6=13

One of my all-time favorite Sabres.

I had a perfect view from the 300s when he scored the OT winner in Game 6 of the 2006 ECF.

And while that's the most momentous memory, I want to give a shout-out to his spearing of Overchkin in the stones.

Here's another beauty from the fantastic spring of 2006:

Unforgettable.

Reinhart, the #2 overall pick and first forward selected last year will probably be in the mix over the long haul. Look around for roster threads, but Ennis has been playing well on RW, and Larrsson played well in a small set of games. Girgensons may end up on the wing too. So centers long term should shake out as some combination of Eichel, Reinhart, O'Reilly, with some tough SOB on the 4th line that's essentially "interchangable" year to year. If the Sabres have enough good centers that they're playing a talented center on the 4th line, they should be trading one for something else the team needs (right now, RW and maybe D).

We need guys at Center that can win face offs in all situations. Girgensons, May be the exception. I think he, and Ennis are better at wing. I think Larsson would be better off at 3rd line C, or wing.

One of the TSN guys just Tweeted that this one deserves more recognition in the RJ-call canon.

Absolutely my favourite Danny Briere memory. Get chills watching that one, RJ's call is wonderful.

And I do love those goathead jerseys. I wouldn't want them back, but they remind me of some very competitive and exciting teams. Also, that big one they had above the ice that emitted smoke after goals.

Absolutely my favourite Danny Briere memory. Get chills watching that one, RJ's call is wonderful.

And I do love those goathead jerseys. I wouldn't want them back, but they remind me of some very competitive and exciting teams. Also, that big one they had above the ice that emitted smoke after goals.

I remember on a different Sabres board I used to post on someone put a link to where they were selling that thing after they first switched to the slug. If I had only had $5,000 laying around that I didn't need for bills at the time, I would have bought it. It would have been awesome to have hanging over the fireplace where I could turn the smoke on everytime they scored while watching them on center ice.

I remember on a different Sabres board I used to post on someone put a link to where they were selling that thing after they first switched to the slug. If I had only had $5,000 laying around that I didn't need for bills at the time, I would have bought it. It would have been awesome to have hanging over the fireplace where I could turn the smoke on everytime they scored while watching them on center ice.

This is an amazing post.  :worthy:

A little disappointed to see Briere taking the retirement tour as a Flyer today. They will also be honoring him with a ceremony during a game against the Sabres this year.

I was a casual hockey fan when the Sabres were actually good, so most of my experiences of DB are as a Flyer.  I still like him, the little bastard.

A little disappointed to see Briere taking the retirement tour as a Flyer today. They will also be honoring him with a ceremony during a game against the Sabres this year.

I'm pretty sure that the only people who see Briere as a Sabre are Sabres fans. To everyone else he's definitely a Flyer. 1.5x the regular season games and 2x the playoff games. I'd do the same if I were him.

During his presser in Philly Briere said he thought he would be a Sabre for life. Me too, Danny, me too.

This makes me sad 

Speaking of Black Sunday, Paul Hamilton was on WGR the other day and spoke a bit about Briere. He said that at one point during the 2006-'07 season, the Sabres and Briere were negotiating an extension. Briere was interviewed at the time and in response to a question stated that he had not been offered a 4-year deal, which was not true -- the Sabres allegedly had offered him a 4-year deal. Hamilton said that TG/LQ got really PO'd about the lie and pulled the offer -- and that was the last time they tried to re-sign him until the pathetic offer they made the day before Black Sunday (which was about half of what he got from Philly).

True? Who knows. But I can definitely see it happening that way.

Speaking of Black Sunday, Paul Hamilton was on WGR the other day and spoke a bit about Briere. He said that at one point during the 2006-'07 season, the Sabres and Briere were negotiating an extension. Briere was interviewed at the time and in response to a question stated that he had not been offered a 4-year deal, which was not true -- the Sabres allegedly had offered him a 4-year deal. Hamilton said that TG/LQ got really PO'd about the lie and pulled the offer -- and that was the last time they tried to re-sign him until the pathetic offer they made the day before Black Sunday (which was about half of what he got from Philly).

True? Who knows. But I can definitely see it happening that way.

If so that's really fukcing petty of them. Every athlete's contract extension goes down like that, don't say you have an offer until it's done. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.