UFA & Trade - Dmen

IvanPutski

Ivan is going to throw out a name for everyone to consider as a target for GMTM.  It's a name to begin healthy debate on the board.  

Ivan will hunt you down and smack you with the Polish Hammer if you give him crap for bringing up this player!!!!

Cody Franson

Carry on...

Edited by IvanPutski

Why does someone named Ivan have a Polish hammer?  Wouldn't it be Jan with a Polish hammer or Ivan with a Russian one?  

Anyway:

Oduya

Carkner is a budget-friendly option

Wouldn't mind seeing Sekera again

Wouldn't mind seeing Biega move back and forth along 90

Why does someone named Ivan have a Polish hammer?  Wouldn't it be Jan with a Polish hammer or Ivan with a Russian one?  

Anyway:

Oduya

Carkner is a budget-friendly option

Wouldn't mind seeing Sekera again

Wouldn't mind seeing Biega move back and forth along 90

I'm guessing The Polish Hammer is so named because the dude comes from Krakow.

Makes sense.

We are going to need a left shot D man.

The best on the market this year will be Rej Sekera.

He'll command a 5 or 6 year deal I think and big money...but I say get him back.

Maybe Oduya if Rej doesn't work.

Great puck mover.

I think Sekera is far and away the best option available. Even if you give him 6 years he'll still only be 34 at the end. In addition to his own ability, he's a really nice fail sage if McCabe doesn't work out or one of our righties can't play on the left side.

Oduya/Martin/Beauchemin would all be fine vet stopgaps. Martin is interesting because he can help the young D learn Bylsma's retrieval and exit system.

I like Sekera or Ehrhoff personally. I guess I'm more of a go with the devil you know type guy.

Also, I thought Ivan Putski was one of those guys who competed in the world's strongest man competitions on espn2 back in the day. The ones where they pull fire trucks and throw kegs around.

Edited by Drunkard

I think Sekera is far and away the best option available. Even if you give him 6 years he'll still only be 34 at the end. In addition to his own ability, he's a really nice fail sage if McCabe doesn't work out or one of our righties can't play on the left side.

Oduya/Martin/Beauchemin would all be fine vet stopgaps. Martin is interesting because he can help the young D learn Bylsma's retrieval and exit system.

That's the reason I hope Martin comes to Buffalo. Isn't Beauchemin one of Murray's boys? It'll be interesting to see who Buffalo goes after. 

Edited by Thanes16

Ehrhoff remains the best fit.

Left-handed veteran mobile puck mover who can play the PP

Too bad that bridge seems to be burned.

Why is it burned?  The guy made a ton of money and got to play with a contender.  Now he can come back here and lead if he wants to.

Why is it burned?  The guy made a ton of money and got to play with a contender.  Now he can come back here and lead if he wants to.

That would be ideal, but Murray implied he didn't want to be here when he bought him out.

My impression was Murray didn't like his attitude and Ehrhoff didn't like what Murray was implying.

Maybe I misread it. Hope I did.

Ehrhoff has unfinished business here and I'd love to see him earn his money.

That would be ideal, but Murray implied he didn't want to be here when he bought him out.

My impression was Murray didn't like his attitude and Ehrhoff didn't like what Murray was implying.

I don't think Ehrhoff wanted to be here, but it had nothing to do with the team/city, it had to do with the tank. With the 180 in team direction, I doubt that sentiment still exists.

Agreed.

I think you're right TrueBlue with Ehrhoff not having anything against Buffalo, but I think Murray has something against him. No way he brings him back; Ehrhoff quit on us, wanted to leave, and now he'd come back after the dirty work is done? Doesn't seem like a Murray thing to do

Agreed.

I think you're right TrueBlue with Ehrhoff not having anything against Buffalo, but I think Murray has something against him. No way he brings him back; Ehrhoff quit on us, wanted to leave, and now he'd come back after the dirty work is done? Doesn't seem like a Murray thing to do

ZFG.  If he makes the team better, he is welcome back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.