Trade: Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo

Mustache of God

I wanted Robin Lehner, but really #21?  You really couldn't stretch this to 31 at the worst.  I know Bob Murray is your uncle, but this is as far from shrewd as we know.  Lehner does have the upside of being the youngest goalie on the market and has more time between the pipes than Jones and Talbot.  I just find it hard to swallow.  I fully expect Legwand to be bought out. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

I don't think there's much of a debate on this one. If this isn't universally assessed to be an overpayment I don't know what an overpayment is.

It's way worse than an overpayment if the initial reports are true.  It's one thing to overpay for something good (Kane and Bogosian).  It's another to overpay for something fairly crappy.

Timmy must be feeling sorry for his uncle. Just a horrible deal all the way around. What a letdown on Eichel day. First time I truly question his competency.

GO SABRES!!!

And now other GM's begin calling Murray to take advantage of him....

Out of the goalies available via trade(Talbot, Anderson, Lack) and a number on the FA market, this is what TM does.  

This is awful.  I questioned his overpayments on the KIngs and Jets trades, this just confirms my suspicions.  He is in over his head.

Edited by LabattBlue

While deal for Robin Lehner appears likely, Sabres say "nothing to report at this time."

Maybe there is hope and there is more to the trade or I was premature... when I get excited it happens  :blush:

Yeah, nothing to report at this time because they just realized they jacked up. 

It's way worse than an overpayment if the initial reports are true.  It's one thing to overpay for something good (Kane and Bogosian).  It's another to overpay for something fairly crappy.

It's probably a story for another thread, but that Jets deal really doesn't feel like an overpayment to me.  This one, yes, but I'm still waiting to see what the official deal will/would be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.